modern warfre, future era?

m9x

Warlord
what can I do against an enemy shooting down each nuclear weapon I launch at him?

additionally, what's the best type of ranged warfare? some future technology or nukes?

what can I do against an enemy shooting down each nuclear weapon I launch at him?

additionally, what's the best type of ranged warfare? some future technology or nukes?

Don't let them get SDI, or use tactical nukes instead.

The best ranged warfare is stealth bombers. AFAIK the only future technology in BtS is in the Next War mod, but that only introduces new land units, no ranged units.

I see. how do I stop em from getting SDI? or do you just mean corner them?

I see. how do I stop em from getting SDI? or do you just mean corner them?
Well, they can build it once they have a certain tech (sorry, can't remember which), so try killing them off before this, or if they get it then just rely on Mobile Artillery+Mechanized Infantry spam.

Just raze every one of their cities, and you will be sure to get it, Btw nukes are far more trouble then they are worth. With the new mobile artilleries, I just beeline that and modern armors, and become unstoppable, no air support, only sea is needed with the new mobile sams, especially since AI techs so poorly now.

nukes are EXTREMELY useful now. I don't know how many times, I invaded an ai city. Couple turns later a huge huge ai stack comes my way packed full of mixed units. Luckily for me, I had sumarines with tactical nukes nearby. Nuked their stack and finish them off with the defenders. :)

Too bad I used up so many nukes, I blew up the Earth. :(

Okay, guess nukes are more trouble than they are worth. :)

Well, they can build it once they have a certain tech (sorry, can't remember which), so try killing them off before this, or if they get it then just rely on Mobile Artillery+Mechanized Infantry spam.

I think it's the laser tech that gives the SDI option. If you beelined for fission there is a small chance of opening up a window before people reach laser, but otherwise use Tactical Nukes. 50% chance of success, and a shorter range, but at least there's a chance...

On a related note: What happens when too many nukes are used? Never actually been able to fire that many off before the end of the game before...

nukes are EXTREMELY useful now. I don't know how many times, I invaded an ai city. Couple turns later a huge huge ai stack comes my way packed full of mixed units. Luckily for me, I had sumarines with tactical nukes nearby. Nuked their stack and finish them off with the defenders. :)

Too bad I used up so many nukes, I blew up the Earth. :(

Okay, guess nukes are more trouble than they are worth. :)

I probably used up like 50 ICMB's last game and still didn't even get a warning

yup, I once spammed nukes like maniac too, the first time I ever played with those. the enemies didn't have SDI yet and I built four nukes every 3 turns. nuclear winter, . .. .. .. .. .! ;D

So SDI is really the only reason to use tactical nukes, huh?

As a side note, does anyone else feel like the range on Tactical Nukes is a bit short? I would think it should be around 5 or 6...

Oh well.

--edit--

Also, does the AI ever actually get SDI?

Surely the main point of using nukes is for the challenge of keeping your cities alive in the global warming? It may be a useless weapon for actual success but it makes some good roleplaying, causing an apocalypse.

Use Bombers, Guided Missiles and Mobile Artillery instead.

It may be a useless weapon for actual success but it makes some good roleplaying, causing an apocalypse.

How is it useless for achieving actual success? You nuke your opponents into submission.

I like having a reserve of tac nukes handy. They're cheap, easy to build, and they're just the thing for taking down large enemy stacks of units -- especially approaching enemy fleets!

yes, you can literally nuke your enemy till he gives in to anything..I've done that a few times already.

for example against america, I nuked 5 of his cities in a row (no SDI yet), and then I traded peace for like 500gold, his map, and a city off him :)

Don't let them get SDI, or use tactical nukes instead.

The best ranged warfare is stealth bombers. AFAIK the only future technology in BtS is in the Next War mod, but that only introduces new land units, no ranged units.

Next War has the Biowarfare Missile that can attack hostile cities/stacks without killing allied forces in the same square. The Mech units can attack 3 times in 1 turn with a 3 or 4 ranged attack that does 67% damage to several units at a time.

Top Bottom