Modified Napoelonic Wars Scenario

Cuivienen

Deity
I've made a number of changes to the Napoleonic Wars scenario. I've added towns on all of the major islands and created an entirely new nation, the Regency of Algiers (Religious/Seafaring) to inhabit the northern African coast. I've added a number of towns in areas that seemed empty and gave the Netherlands Rotterdam and Groningen to prevent them from being overrun instantaneously, as well as a number of other map changes. I've also doubled the game-length to accomodate for the additional nation and towns. (If some wants to make up additional techs to fill this space, feel free).

CHANGES:

> War Weariness REMOVED for Republican governments. (This is because the French AI falls apart with War Weariness -- if the human would play France, War Weariness should be added again.)
> All civs made playable
> Leiria added to Portugal
> Syracuse, Palermo, Cagliari, Otrando and Porto Torres added to Naples (mostly island towns)
> Rotterdam and Groningen added to the Netherlands
> Palma de Mallorca added to Spain
> Visby and Gothenburg added to Sweden
> Stavanger added to Denmark
> Lerwick, Newcastle and Newquay added to Britain
> Ajaccio added to France
> Liepaja added to Russia
> Iraklion, Kalamata, Preveza, Tirane and Antalya added to the Ottoman Empire
> Sibenik added to Austria
> The Regency of Algiers added, with cities: Algiers, Tunis, Fez, Oran, Tangier and Annaba (I combined the Regency of Algiers with the Empire of Fez and the Beylik of Tunis.)
> Turn length shortened to one month
> Number of turns doubled to 192
> New VP locations added at Algiers, Tunis and Groningen
> Map size increased just slightly, with two rows added to the bottom
> Crete moved slightly north
> Added resources, roads, mines, irrigation, etc.

Screenshot and file attached

Attachments

• Napoleonic Europe.jpg
    Napoleonic Europe.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 2,467
  • 8 Napoleonic Europe.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,586
first post, why don't you try making napoleonic europe more realistic tthough

I like the changes but I think you should add some cities in Norway and how about adding the Kingdom of Sardina as a civ?

I was considering it, but Sardinia alone is really too insignificant. I thought it better to add them to Naples (just as the Papal states and the northern city-states were already added).

@ bigmeat -- I'm afraid I don't have the skill to make the Conquest more realistic. I just made these changes to my own game and thought I'd post them here. I suppose I could make a couple of new civs, like Sardinia and the Electorate of Hanover and add Hanover to Britain's alliance... hmm... If I get around to it.

I'd really like to see someone do a worldwide scenario for this era. But I'm too lazy to do it myself. :p

I like what you've done. Regency of Algiers is a much needed addition. North Africa was much too empty. But I'm using a slightly different flag for them in my scenario. According to flagspot, "Together with the Ottoman flag, some Algerine ships used the so-called Barbary ensign, reproduced in numerous 18th and 19th century plates, with small variations in style but coinciding with the general idea of a corsair's head in the canton of a red flag."

Preview of Barbary flag for this mod. Download in next post.

Attachments

• barbary.jpg
    barbary.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,804
my first reaction when i played the conquest (not modified) was that finland belonged to russia! sweden lost finland to the russians in the napoleonic war when peace was signed. until then finland should be swedish and not russian. if i would change anything that would be on the top of my list (but then again, i am a proud swede... :D )

Excellent, it always seemed so empty without much terrforming/cties on the map, Good work :goodjob:

Sorry about that, uploaded the wrong version of the barbary_all.pcx file. That one had some in-game transparency issues. Download link has been corrected. Now it contains the good file.

One thing I'd like to see is limiting the ability of players to only build unique guard units in their capitals. I think I'll look at doing that with your mod by using the "requires resource within city" option that conquests offers.

I started adding some flavor units like French Imperial Guards, Russian Pavlov Guards, Horse Artillery and Bi-Corn Prussian Fussiliers and Landwer. I added a civ advance, a Empire government for France and England. Also, changed Prussia to a gray color, France to dark blue and Austia white. I added a resource "Capital" that must be with in city radius for the building of the Military Academy which spits out guard units every 8 turns. This makes guards more scarce and thus more realistic. They can be upgraded by the french into imperial guards with the tech "Empire" and the building of the Ecole Polytech. Russians don't need an academy to build Pavlov Guards just the tech. Empire is also an additional form of government which is favored by England, France, Russia, Prussia and Austria. Also added a tech "Propaganda" which allows the building of a small wonder "The Bulletin" which decreases war weariness. Three types of cavalry are avialable, Cuirrassiers (Heavy 5/3/1), Dragoons (Medium 4/3/2), and Hussars (Light 5/2/2). Not sure how the AI will use them. Russians still have Cossacks as a u.u. 4/2/2 ignores terrain costs and is cheaper than other cav units. I'll post a zip file after some play testing.

I got an invalid post messsage while trying to attach the zip file. I'll look into what could be the problem and try again. It's only a 38kb zip file. Any help appreciated

OK, lets see if this works. The text.zip file also contains the biq file which needs to be moved to the Conquests folder. The units.zip file contains the units folder with all (old plus new) unit folders. Just replace use these files to replace the folders in the Napoleonic Europe folder in Conquests.

edit: I couldn't compress all the units into a smaller enough file size to upload as an attachment (500k is the limit for a .zip). I'm using winzip. Is there a better compression program I should be using.

Here are the links to the files I uploaded:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/units3.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/units2.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/units1.zip

Attachments

• napmodtext.zip
    115.2 KB · Views: 212
OK, I figured out the upload process. Check post above. All feed back is appreciated.

Nachos said:
finland should be swedish and not russian.

And Warsaw should belong to Prussia - It has never been under Austrian rule.

@oryctolagus: All the more reason to play as Prussia and claim what is rightfully yours!

Are my uploaded files working? Haven't heard any feed back.

Top Bottom