Modified Vanilla Hotseat Game

SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 3350 B.C.
It would seem we are currently neck & neck when it comes to development. Some of my size 2 cities are also causing trouble :cry:

What is "neck & nesk"?

(Update: Ah, I understand ... We are told in such cases "nose to nose" ...)

Attachments

• os_b3300.rar
    37.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I now have to leave the PC for about 2 hours. Upon my return, I am ready to continue the game today.

Attachments

• os_b3250.rar
    37.2 KB · Views: 137
It's strange, where are the barbarians ...

The name of the Celts city "Picton" in F8 leads to certain reflections ...))

Attachments

• os_b3200.rar
    37.2 KB · Views: 163
Germanische-ratsversammlung_1-1250x715.jpg

Attachments

• os_b3150.rar
    37.3 KB · Views: 140
silence...

What is a very strange resource "Outcrop"? Is it full "zero", does not it bring anything? It seems that it is located on the site of the former resource "desert oil". This new resource can in the future give any improvement, or is it completely useless? ... Half of my cities in Turki have "this pacifier" ..)

Attachments

• os_b3100.rar
    37.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 3050 B.C.
I'm still having issues with Novgorod :mad: My own fault now!

I think we may be getting close to the time when Barbarians may start appearing. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read somewhere that they won't appear for the first 16 turns. I guess this is to prevent your single city being captured before you've even had a chance to build your first unit.

Attachments

• 3050BC.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 143
Already 20 turn. While nothing is heard of them.

Attachments

• os_b3000.rar
    37.4 KB · Views: 156
Going to watch some TV with the wife now (before she divorces me :lol:). Just thought I would let you know so you're not checking for the save. I'll be about to play most of the time this week as I'm on night shifts & have the days free, so I'm sure we'll be able to get this to a stage where the turns are more worthwhile in terms of length soon.

OK. )
Apparently you missed the question:

What is a very strange resource "Outcrop"? Is it full "zero", does not it bring anything? It seems that it is located on the site of the former resource "desert oil". This new resource can in the future give any improvement, or is it completely useless? ... Half of my cities in Turki have "this pacifier" ..)

We can change it back to desert oil or something similar. I should have discussed this change before we begun. It just struck me that oil was fairly useless through much of human history & I didn't think players would be founding cities in the desert, but I can see how some Turkish cities would be close enough to access this resource. I will look at it in the morning.

I agree that in the game "from scratch" oil should not be (and coal, too).

Two of my civilizations are at the start in the desert zone. Of course, I would not want their resources to be "zero". ) I do not claim excessive reinforcement of this resource. It is quite a moderate reasonable modification.

n my design of this game, "deserted oil" is depicted as a "caravan". Perhaps, it is worth copying for this resource indicators such as tundra or ice resources related to trade (Furce or Peat) that are not used on the map.

By the way, is there some kind of simple TOTPP option that allows you to replace at a certain moment all the resources of type X on the map with resources of type Y? In MGE, for example, there is an opportunity to register a replacement for the territory in Events at a certain point in time to another. However, this requires tedious work with the indication of strictly defined coordinates. If you want to make a big change (for example, I want to replace X type resources with Y and resources), this will require a lot of work by methodically specifying all exact coordinates in the Event file (for this huge map there may be more than 100, probably). Is there an easier way?

For example, the discovery of industrialization activates an event that automatically changes a resource in the hills to coal. Opening the car activates the replacement of a resource of deserts for oil ...

Attachments

• Новый точечный рисунок.jpg
    Новый точечный рисунок.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Новый точечный рисунок1.jpg
    Новый точечный рисунок1.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 3000 B.C.
I have made the change for desert special to:
Bedouins, 1,2, 1,1,3,
Does this seem OK?

In Rules you can set what terrains can be converted to. One solution for coal & oil would be to hide them under other terrain types (extra ones called something like 'Potential mine/well'). These special resources could only be accessed when you have the Industrial Engineer unit with the 'Transform to ... o' ability. Using ToTPP cheat menu Control + F8 (then Control + 1/2) and the Edit Terrain Hotkeys (see ToTPP launcher)

Edit Terrain Hotkeys
Adds keyboard shortcuts for changing terrain / tile improvements. In cheat mode, change terrain with 0 (Desert) to 9 (Jungle) and Ctrl-3 (Ocean) to Ctrl-8 (Extra terrain 5). Use Ctrl-9 to add/remove a river.

For tile improvements, the following keys can be used in cheat mode when no unit is selected:
r: Road
o: Railroad
i: Irrigation
m: Mine
l: Farmland
f: Fortress
e: Airbase
p: Pollution

See also Transform Requires Tech:

Adds a check to the transform order to see if the tribe has the technology required to transform that particular terrain type. This allows the player to e.g. make transformations of "easy" terrain types available earlier in the tech-tree. Configurable by adding a @TRANSFORM section to RULES.TXT, consisting of one line per terrain type, containing a tech abbreviation and a comma, e.g.:

@TRANSFORM
U1, ;Drt
nil, ;Pln
X1, ;Oce

Notes:
The order of terrain types is the same as in the @TERRAIN section.
"nil" means no tech requirement, though you will still need a unit with engineering capabilities.
@TRANSFORM1 .. @TRANSFORM3 can be used for secondary maps, similarly to @TERRAIN1-3.

The popup that shows up when the tribe doesn't have the required tech can be overridden in GAME.TXT using the key @TRANSFORM.

-

Using these abilities when building a scenario would allow you to place coal mines in Britain that cannot be accessed until the Industrial Revolution & Oil wells in the Middle East that cannot be accessed until you have researched the technology needed for the Engineer unit & an Oil Industry technology that allows you to drill for Oil using the Engineer.

-

Lua events could expand on this even further, but they you are building a full-on scenario & not just a modified Vanilla game.

-

I would like to develop this concept further, but not for our current game.

-

Here is the current Technology tree. I just need to add wonders, technology effects & colour code the epochs (historical eras):

TECH TREE.PNG

Attachments

• 3000BC.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Rules.txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Terrain1.BMP
    900.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Top Bottom