Modified Vanilla Hotseat Game

Here are the current units to match the Rules file (please download the .bmp file attached, not this .png preview):
CurrentUnitsOPreview.png

I'm working on the best set of symbols to make it easy to see the units abilities without having to check the Civilopedia (the ideas are from Tootall, Curtsibling & others):
Unit symbols.png

For example, the Modern Infantry unit has the following stats: Modern Infantry, nil, 0, 3.,0, 7a,5d, 3h,1f, 4,0, 1, Rob, 0000001001000011
Modern Infantry.png

It has two space visibility (Modern radios, small drones, satellite reconnaissance etc...) - Blue dot
It ignores city walls (Can fight house to house in cities) - Red dot
It is airmobile (Can be transported via Helicopters) - Helicopter symbol = Ignores ZoC - Yellow dot + 1/3 movement - Green Dot + Can move into mountains - Black triangle

Although it is not as strong an attacker as Self-propelled Howitzers or Main Battle Tanks, it is extremely versatile & mobile.

I want to ensure that every unit of every period has its own advantages & disadvantages. Some may be useful for their low cost (Warriors, Mercenaries, Militia, Police). Some will be the elite of your armies in either defence or attack (Phalanx-Defend, Legion-Attack, Catapult-Siege, Cavalry-Scouting/Attack).

As the game goes on, not only will the units stats improve, but so will their abilities.

Thanks for the detailed review and instructions.

A smaller part of this functionality is known to me by MGE, most of it is new information. Conveniently, you can add or remove rivers without the help of the map editor. The concept of "potential wells" is also familiar to me. I agree with you that on this particular map, in the conditions of this modification, it does not make sense to implement it. This requires a significant change in the starting map.

Attachments

• os_b2950.rar
    37.4 KB · Views: 119
The Airlift unit is a combination of a Paratrooper & a Transport ship. It's role is to carry one unit from city to city using the paradrop ability. The Heavy Lift unit (Chinook) does the same thing but can carry three units.

The Mine (final unit on the grid) is a defensive sea unit with M1. It is invisible until your ships bump into it. It will be primarily useful for defending harbours, though it can be floated out to sea to 'ambush' enemy ships.

The Mercenary unit replaces the Fanatic (we have Partisans & Terrorists later in the game) and is available with the Empire technology (old Republic slot). Civs with an Imperial government can build these units and they cost no shields to support.

The Baloon unit is an early form of air reconnaissance but has limited movement & no defence. It can be shot down by ground units (Helicopter flag).

The traditional Helicopter (Lynx) is intended more for reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare. The Attack Helicopter (Apache) is intended for combat vs ground units.

Is it possible to implement land transport in the TOTPP? That is, a unit with the function of carry (transportation of other units). For example, "truck", or "train"?

Attachments

• os_b2900.rar
    37.4 KB · Views: 104
You can recreate trains using impassable terrain for all squares except 'Railbed' & all units except Trains set to ignore impassable terrain, but these Trains are not currently able to carry any units.

The ToTPP & Lua events are making all kinds of new features possible, but I don't think they have managed to do this...yet.

Are the rivers available for creation only through the map editor, or through the cheat mod? Is there an engineer option that allows him to create a river for him? In this case, land transportation could be modeled satisfactorily by "ships" with the option of traveling along these "rivers" ...

Attachments

• os_b2850.rar
    37.6 KB · Views: 103
I think there should be a way to set Engineers to construct river/roads. You can use the in-game terrain hotkeys to add & remove rivers. That would be something Grischach &/or TheNamelessOne would be better placed to comment on. That sounds like an interesting concept worth investigating!

The sun is shining (a rare event in Wales!) so I'm going to be in & out of the house, cutting the grass & playing turns alternatively :lol:

Good.

Yes, the monarchy is getting closer ...)

Attachments

• os_b2800.rar
    37.7 KB · Views: 107
Beauty! )
We have a great weather in Moscow for 4 days in a row ... After the past year "without summer" it is very pleasing. )

Attachments

• os_b2700.rar
    37.9 KB · Views: 114
SLAVS-HELLENES-CELTS 2750 B.C.
Saxon Horseman spotted by Celtic Galley off the coast of Cornwall.

Please don't feel obliged to play if you want to go out & enjoy the sunshine. :) I'm happy to continue to play as I can do both.

Attachments

• 2700BC.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom