Modifier Recalculation Performance

ls612

Deity
I was testing how well C2C runs on a brand-new high-end laptop, and in the process found something unnerving. The turn times on a very advanced save were decent (2.5 mins), but the modifier recalc took at least five minutes at the start of the game. I was wondering if there is any optimization that could take place there, as it seems quite a large time is taken for the recalc compared to an end-turn.

I was testing how well C2C runs on a brand-new high-end laptop, and in the process found something unnerving. The turn times on a very advanced save were decent (2.5 mins), but the modifier recalc took at least five minutes at the start of the game. I was wondering if there is any optimization that could take place there, as it seems quite a large time is taken for the recalc compared to an end-turn.
Considering how few times you will do a modifier recalculation I doubt it is worth it to optimize it much. Besides, it will still need to reevaluate the effects of all buildings in all cities (and a bunch of other things) so in a large game this is bound to take some time.

Considering how few times you will do a modifier recalculation I doubt it is worth it to optimize it much. Besides, it will still need to reevaluate the effects of all buildings in all cities (and a bunch of other things) so in a large game this is bound to take some time.

So no low-hanging fruit there then?

When my wife and I play and have to run those, more often than not it causes her to timeout of the connection link entirely. This makes sense but it would be nice if we could somehow adjust the amount of time it will give before timing out so as to make this work more smoothly. Otherwise, I wonder if it couldn't be broken down into two processes that allows her machine to check in in between so it doesn't timeout.

Hoping to get her an upgrade so it may end up a moot point eventually.

Top Bottom