Modifying victory quest lua files

Xeelee

Chieftain
Does anyone know how to modify the victory quest files? I'm trying to change PromisedLandVictoryQuest.lua but nothing I do to it seems to take. The file is named the same and I've tried both VFS=true and the VFS=false + InGameUIAddin.

The issue I'm having is that I'm deleting all of the buildings and projects so I can make new ones, but the names are hard coded into the lua files that I can't get to change. This makes the game crash on startup.

The oddest part is the game only crashes if I delete any Technology (which is also required for my addon).

The game doesn't recognize Quest files added by mods by default, use this to get around it:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334310652

I don't think the crashes come from the quest system though, as non-existing buildings etc. will just make the quest-system itself crash and basically show nothing - the game however should still run. I assume the problem comes from other sources, such as the African Union having the Relic assigned as a free building (or every single civ having the Headquarters if you deleted that one too). For that reason I would avoid "hard-deleting" stuff at all cost (and for compatibility with other mods). You can easily get around it with something like this:

Code:
<GameData>
	<Buildings>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="BUILDING_RELIC"/>
			<Set Cost="-1" PrereqTech="NULL"/>
		</Update>
	</Buildings>
</GameData>

That way the buildings still exist, but they don't show up in the tech tree and can't be built.

Top Bottom