[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

I had the crazy thing happen yesterday.

While playing a game, all my units disappeared. I tried loading a new game and also a game in vanilla. Same thing.

So, I uninstalled Civ IV Colonization, reinstalled plus the patch, then reinstalled Age of Discovery II. plus the update and Pirate file and it works fine now.

I think I will wait till a final version of Futher Discovery is tested and debugged to reload it.

I also down loaded the Blue Marble Graphics.......Looks fantastic.

Wish list Items needed for Futher Discovery:

1. 2xRadius
2. Working Custom House (one Colony)
3. Abandon Colony (allows for removal of last colonist)
4. Gold w/Miner (include "gold rush" event like Fountain of Youth)
5. Plantations....(change Coffee to Cocoa/Coffee and upgrade Indigo to include Dye)
6. Slaves (need improved so European AI can use)
7. Reworked Pirates/Privateers........ improve ?
8. Create a New Building called "Military Academy": allowed only one per Civ in a selected colony and prequisite buildings are University & Arsenal. This allows for training of "Professional Soldiers".
9. New Colony wagon (wagon must be built and only this unit can build new colony)
10. Include Research/Science Profession along with tech tree
11. Remake Australia into British Canada and while vanilla English = "Original 13 Colonies"
12. Remake China into Brandenburg (pre Prussia German)
13. Add in Denmark and Sweden or make one new Civ called "Kalmar Union"
15. Make Petty Criminal to Indentured Servant to Free Colonist promotions like COl I.
16. Allow ships to be sold in Europe (privateer prizes) and all ships must have a crew (sailor)
17. Update Inuit Civ leader and include sound
18. Add one other native American Civ for North America "Algonkin" (Great Lakes Tribes)
19. Add in whaler profession and include secondary as Whale Oil (need Whales off shore)
20. Make non-military civilians to be captured instead of killed if caught outside colony.

I have one important suggestion that really bothers me:

A simplified "Assign Trade Routes" dialog, where you only select the cities you want to service, not "<cargo> from <city A> to <city B>", as there's hundreds of these, and if you want to add another cargo from one city, you have to go through all wagontrains... it's extremely tedious, when you don't want to use "automate", to prevent ships sailing from east to west coast, or wagontrains to not go across the undeveloped continent.

Those ideas sound great!!!

I'm thinking I'll have to just hope I get as far as possible next time I play AOFDII, because I now take the BSoD as my computer telling me that I shall not resume that savegame. Nonetheless, I've kept the file in case anyone tells me how to fix it :p

Can not access filefront. Link does not work for me.

That's OK

Will see how testing works out.

Sounds good.

In futher version, will Fortress's garrisoned with artillery be able to fire on enemy ships?

Make sure everything is installed in the "Program Files/...Colonization/Mods/..." folder.

It won't work if you install this in the "Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization/CustomAssets/Mods/..." folder!

So my install was via Steam, and is in the Documents directory. No idea if I can reinstall to a different directory, I'm guessing no with the difference in names (no "Sid Meier"). Am I sol?

Thanx.

hey guys is this mod compatible with mutiplayer?

Reuploaded the file: Age of Futher Discovery v0.03
And here is the latest released update, Age of Further Discovery v0.03e:
Spoiler :
v0.03a (unofficial) changelog:
* Added Diligence Unit
* All civilizations starts with a Pioneer (Free Colonist) and a Veteran Professional Soldier as the old original Colonization.
* Changed Gold Miner Icons at the European Screen (based on the Silver Miner)
* Reverted tweaking of some units scales at the European Screen (I think that it was odd)
* Fixed Conquistador graphic at the European Screen (no more pink box at the dock and tweaked the size, now has the same size as the others units at the docks)

v0.03b (unofficial) changelog:
* Added Coastal Trader Unit
* Added Slave Unit
* Added Maya info to the Colonizopedia
* Treasures can't explore the map
* Gold Miner unit now costs a bit higher than the Silver Miner
* Diligence now requires Lumbermill
* Renamed King of China to Emperor of China
* Fixed some sort order (purchase screen, profession screen)

v0.03c (unofficial) changelog:
* Added Guarani natives
* Added Tlaxcala natives
* Added Toltec natives
* Added Zapotec natives
* All Civilizations are playable now, but not for the AI
* Slaves doesn't appears anymore at the docks (they aren't free to travel by their own!)
* Changed roads colour for a darker brown, easier to see them now
* Fixes in the Colonizopedia (Most of the buildings updated)

v0.03d (unofficial) changelog:
* Removed Tlaxcala natives
* Changed Zapotec leaderhead
* More fixes in the Colonizopedia (Finally all buildings updated)

v0.03e (unofficial) changelog:
* Added Inuits
* Small fixes in various xml files
* Added/updated a few entries for leaders/civs in the colonizopedia (including the Maya leaderhead)
* Updated Topiltzin (Toltec) leaderhead art to an optimized version

Remember: first install Age of Discovery 1.12, then copy over AoFD 0.03, then AoFD 0.03e

There are also many unreleased/unfinished changes by millansoft (0.03f) and me merged on my computer.
I'm back on modding those too ;)

I am have ctds when trying to play AFD after the rock music stars or stops stops. It says it is a c runtime library error .

Yeah for some reason, at least in the pedia, the Spanish veteran and Dutch gun colonist units are showing, but not the Dutch or French. Also, I can't see the mod .exe in the first post, so I've installed manually, maybe I missed something. Are the new unit's info supposed to be in the "module" folder?

I'm not sure if the version you linked, i.e., Age of Further Discovery v0.03e, is a beta but FYI I had a great deal of difficulty with this release.

When I selected certain countries, portugal for example, I got an immediate CTD. I reinstalled AoFD without this patch and everything was fine.

Great mod mod btw!

Top Bottom