[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

Aymerick

Warlord

Summary:
By popular request, Deliverator and I have merged both BLUMod v0.6 and Plantation Economy v0.9b in this ModMod for Dale's Age of Discovery II v1.12.

Features:
Detailed features lists, credits and changelogs available on Mods forum thread:
Age of Discovery II v1.12
BLUModMod for AoDII
Plantation Economy ModMod for AoDII

Units:
* Conquistador (replaces Veteran Soldiers for Spain)
Spoiler :

* Carabela (replaces Caravel for Spain)
Spoiler :

* Marine (replaces Veteran Soldier for France)
Spoiler :

* Veteraan (replaces Veteran Solider for Dutch)
* Custom Dutch browncoat musketman
Spoiler :

* Improved Veteran Units and REF (using Oleg153's textures as a base)
Spoiler :

* Expert Indigo Planter unit (reskinned Sugar Planter)
* Expert Coffee Planter unit (reskinned Tobacco Planter)
* Expert Gold Miner unit
Spoiler :

* Aztec Warrior (reskinned Aztec Jaguar)
* Sioux Warrior (reskinned Dog Soldier)
* Sioux Scout, Musketman and Cavalry (by bernie14 with horse textures adapted from M2TW)
Spoiler :

* Maya Warrior (added to the mod but not reskinned yet)
* Incan Warrior (added to the mod but not reskinned yet)
* Iroquois Warrior (merge of Logan Leaderhead and Native Warrior)
* Iroquois Scout, Musketman and Cavalry (by bernie14 with horse textures adapted from M2TW)
Spoiler :

* Apache Warrior (Apache leaderhead merged with bernie14 unit)
Spoiler :

* Cherokee Warrior (based on the vanilla scout but using Celtic Warrior animations)
Spoiler :

* Various mounted units have "]more realistic horses
Spoiler :

* New flag and colour scheme for France
Spoiler :

* New Simon Bolivar Leaderhead (by Ekmek)
* Revised Dutch Leaderheads (by lionheart)
* Implemented sezereth's blood spatter effects in most units
Spoiler :

* New flag for Spain (the Crown of Castile banner)
* Tweaked a lot of unit scalings
* Main menu graphics and music (Vangelis - 1492 Main Titles)

New Bonus Resources:
* Wheat (reskinned by Walter Hawkwood)
* Clam (Civ4 Clam bonus graphics)
* Buffalo (reskinned Bison bonus graphics by Refar)
* Prime Timber (reskinned and fixed Civ4 Evergreen Forest Feature model)
Spoiler :

New Bonus Resources & Tradable Goods:
* Indigo (reskinned Civ4 Dye bonus graphics)
* Coffee (reskinned Coffee bonus graphics by WoC Team)
* Gold (reskinned Civ4 gold bonus graphics)
Spoiler :

Improvements:
* Cotton Plantation
* Tobacco Plantation
* Sugar Plantation
* Indigo Plantation
* Coffee Plantation
Spoiler :

City Buildings:
* Stone Wall Fortress (graphical only, reskinned Civ4 Wall graphics)
Spoiler :

Interface:
* Zoom out more (allows you to zoom out further before switching to Globe View)
Spoiler :

* Camera Controls (for panning and tilting the camera through 360 degrees)

Gameplay
* Maya civilization (using the standard Holkan graphic for the Warrior unit initially)
* A tweaked version of Cephalo's FaireWeather called FaireWeatherTweak
* Bonus placement reworked and optimized for FaireWeather/FaireWeatherTweak
* Spanish Carabela starts with Navigation I
* French Marines start with Amphibious
* Aztec/Maya Warriors start with Swamp Fox I
* Sioux/Iroquois/Inca/Cherokee/Apache Warriors start with Skirmisher I
* Farms now only produce food
* Mines can also yields *1 gold (gold bonus is require)

Download and Installation:

Manual Installation:

1) You need to have AoDII version 1.12 installed. Get it here.​
2) MAKE A BACKUP of your AgeOfDiscoverII folder in Mods - this modmod will overwrite some files in that folder so be warned.​
3) If you already have BLUModMod for AoDII installed, you can use the same folder but you MUST delete the "BLUMod" and the "GoldResource" Modules folder...​
4) Either unzip this file to Mods or first unzip and then copy the contained AgeOfDiscoveryII folder over the top of your existing one, saying yes to overwriting of files.​

Change Log:
Code:
v0.02 Changelog:
    * Fixed Indigo and Coffee Bonus and Plantation in PlotLSystem
    * Fixed Fur Bonus appearing on Grassland

v0.03 Changelog:
    * Compatible with AoDII v1.12
    * Added Kaibayashi's new city management building graphics
    * Added Wheat retexture by Walter Hawkwood
    * Fixed EuropeCost for Gold Miner
    * Fixed CityAttack and CityDefense for Conquistadore, French Marine and Dutch Veteran
    * Fixed Palisade graphics and CityLSystem
    * Fixed some Audio errors

Attachments

• mainMenuScreenshot.JPG
    mainMenuScreenshot.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 16,675
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 15,452
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 15,007
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 14,798
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work in putting this together. :goodjob:

Hopefully, this will take peoples Colonization/AOD2 experience to the next level... :)

When 1.11 is finalised and we bring in Kailric's stuff, well...

Edit: I'm thinking maybe the main menu music is no longer appropriate. What do you think?

Thanks for your hard work in putting this together. :goodjob:

Edit: I'm thinking maybe the main menu music is no longer appropriate. What do you think?

If you're referring to the Age of Discovery song, I really, really like it.

I'm referring to the 1492 Main Titles by Vangelis. I'm not sure what the Age of Discovery song is.

Attachments

• horoscope_reference.jpg
    horoscope_reference.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 468
The main menu music titled "Age of Discovery" by Trailerhead. The intro movie music is Vangelis. :)

Glad to see these two mods combined... I like them a lot individually.

Are there plans to do the same thing for vanilla Col? (that is, release a merged mod of both BLU and Plantation Economy?)

Aymerick, you should link this thread from the download page - just so people can see the detail of what they're downloading in one place. Good work with the screenshots.

Call me computer illiterate ( i didn't think i was this bad), but I recently found this page and found the cool dl's. I easliy got the AoDII 1.10 to work, but can't exactly figure out how i'm suppose to coordinate the AoFD modmod with the initial mod. I did make the backup file, as it said. I'm glad i did, cause i put the AoDII file into the AoFD file without any result. I know, I know...I'm an idiot. Help plz. :/

Call me computer illiterate ( i didn't think i was this bad), but I recently found this page and found the cool dl's. I easliy got the AoDII 1.10 to work, but can't exactly figure out how i'm suppose to coordinate the AoFD modmod with the initial mod. I did make the backup file, as it said. I'm glad i did, cause i put the AoDII file into the AoFD file without any result. I know, I know...I'm an idiot. Help plz. :/

You need to copy AoFD into AoD2, not the other way round. :)

Thanks Dale. Yeah, installation point 4 could be a lot clearer (I wrote it, so it's my fault :)), and point 3 could just be a side note.

I downloaded this MOD on Thursday of last week before the 4th of July weekend. I got absolutely no work done over the weekend. Thank you very much.

I friggin' love this MODMOD. AOD was decent before, but I believe that this MOD - mostly because I think the Plantation MOD is awesome - makes AOD phenomenal.

A few things:

1. The ability to specialize each city is awesome
2. The change to have citizens learn trades without teaching them is great
3. Having indentured servants and criminals forced to stay that way for a certain period of time before gaining freedom - while challenging - is cool; it's a great dynamic
4. I really enjoy the huge stratification of buildings
5. THERE'S A CUSTOM HOUSE!!!
6. The changed Founding Fathers is a nice modification; I enjoy them much more

I highly doubt that there will be another MOD that I will play but if either of you guys put another one together, I'm sure I'll play it.

One question I have: every so often, it'll pop up that the price of a good has risen/fallen in a Homeland other than my civ's. Any reason for that? I haven't figured out if there's a way to trade with their Homeland or is that just to let us know what the price will be if we trade with that particular civ in the new world?

Overall, this is a great MOD. Also, my wife has restricted me to only a few hours each evening to play. So thanks guys. Way to go. :)

Cheers,
Akura

You need to copy AoFD into AoD2, not the other way round. :)

That's what i did initially, with no results (i guess i could've mentioned that).
Well, i just tried it again a few moments ago. I simply hovered the AoFD over the main AoD2 file and dropped it....the AoD2 mod loaded but without any signs that AoFD was being recognized...not even a neat intro screen...if there is one. haha. could it have anything to do with how half of my game files are in Program files, and the others (the ones i use the mod with) are in My Games in the documents file?? :confused:

1. The ability to specialize each city is awesome
2. The change to have citizens learn trades without teaching them is great
3. Having indentured servants and criminals forced to stay that way for a certain period of time before gaining freedom - while challenging - is cool; it's a great dynamic
4. I really enjoy the huge stratification of buildings
5. THERE'S A CUSTOM HOUSE!!!
6. The changed Founding Fathers is a nice modification; I enjoy them much more

Glad you're enjoying AoFD. I have to say some of these things are part of AOD2 standard and unchanged by us, so you have Dale to thank for them. :)

That's what i did initially, with no results (i guess i could've mentioned that).
Well, i just tried it again a few moments ago. I simply hovered the AoFD over the main AoD2 file and dropped it....the AoD2 mod loaded but without any signs that AoFD was being recognized...not even a neat intro screen...if there is one. haha. could it have anything to do with how half of my game files are in Program files, and the others (the ones i use the mod with) are in My Games in the documents file?? :confused:

Using My Games doesn't sound right... all your mods should go in Program Files/...Colonization/Mods folder.

When you install a fresh copy of AOD2 it will be in:
Program Files/...Colonization/Mods/AgeOfDiscoveryII

(If you want to start again you can just delete the AgeOfDiscoveryII folder and then reinstall it.)

After you have this fresh install, unzip the Age of Further Discovery download somewhere else.

Within the unzipped folder there is another AgeOfDiscoveryII folder. Use Ctrl-C to copy, or do right click on the folder and then select copy.

Go to your Program Files/...Colonization/Mods folder, make sure you have nothing selected and do Ctrl-V to paste the AoFD AgeOfDiscoveryII folder over the top of the existing AgeOfDiscoveryII folder.

You will get a warning saying that "a folder called AgeOfDiscoveryII already exists. Do you want to overwrite it" or something like that. Say "Yes to All" to overwriting of files.

Hope this helps... :)

I note that the alternative victory conditions (which I prefer) and new civs from AODII are not included in AOFD. I am surprised. Why is this? Or have I perhaps not copied correctly (although I followed instructions carefully)?

I had a further thought. It looks lto me like the AOFD mod I get is grafted onto the vanilla Civcol rather than Dale's mod. I extracted ther AODF zip file into the "Mod folder" as you instructed (i.e. the main folder), but I am now wondereing if you meant to say the AODII mod folder. Could that be the explantion?

I had a further thought. It looks lto me like the AOFD mod I get is grafted onto the vanilla Civcol rather than Dale's mod. I extracted ther AODF zip file into the "Mod folder" as you instructed (i.e. the main folder), but I am now wondereing if you meant to say the AODII mod folder. Could that be the explantion?

Hey Rusty Nail,

Yes we meant the "AgeOfDiscoveryII" mod folder...

Follow this instructions Deliverator wrote:
Using My Games doesn't sound right... all your mods should go in Program Files/...Colonization/Mods folder.

When you install a fresh copy of AOD2 it will be in:
Program Files/...Colonization/Mods/AgeOfDiscoveryII

(If you want to start again you can just delete the AgeOfDiscoveryII folder and then reinstall it.)

After you have this fresh install, unzip the Age of Further Discovery download somewhere else.

Within the unzipped folder there is another AgeOfDiscoveryII folder. Use Ctrl-C to copy, or do right click on the folder and then select copy.

Go to your Program Files/...Colonization/Mods folder, make sure you have nothing selected and do Ctrl-V to paste the AoFD AgeOfDiscoveryII folder over the top of the existing AgeOfDiscoveryII folder.

You will get a warning saying that "a folder called AgeOfDiscoveryII already exists. Do you want to overwrite it" or something like that. Say "Yes" to overwriting, and "Yes to all" if asked a second time.

Hope this helps... :)

Top Bottom