[MODMOD] Age of Further Discovery v0.03 for AoDII v1.12

I didn't notice that, but don't worry just revert the Europe Screen, I tested it a bit and played fine to me, the other two changes the finantial advisor and the attitude icons are merged with the AOD files.

Yeah, they both seem to work fine :)
One question though:
Why did you delete the Custom Camera Controls from the CvEventManager.py?

I deleted that? Should be accidentally, seems that I rushed a bit with last update, anyway the idea of upload and share it is to find errors and get something better later :)

Everything works fine now when I start the mod, except for the actual playing. When I click Launch, I get an unknown CTD. Anyone know why? I made sure that the Pirates are not being played, as I've seen there may be problems with them.

Vortilex

Try playing a custom game or scenario and select all the civ's you want to play against.
See if that works. If not, the random selector may put the Pirates in and you may not know it.

The last several pages have discussed possible CTD issues.

I think I'll hold off down loading version 03f untill problems are resolved. Hopefully there will be an improved custom house in the mod. I really liked the original game's ability to circumvent boycotts by using the custom houses.

When I play, I make my capital the colony that generates the bells and crosses and also the stable and armory. I place expert farmers and fishermen along with carpenter, woodsmen, blacksmith and gunmaker in the colony and build soldiers. A custom house in such a capital and a few wagon trains allows you to concentrate on elimination of the enemy. I prefer to not play toward a revolution, but instead eliminate the other Europeans.

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I'm still here and working on the next major update...

Here's a little peek... I've found two beautiful new ships, a Sloop and a Brigantine! Take a look :

Oh and btw, about your music and/or CTD problems... Make sure you turn on logging in the CivilizationIV.ini at your "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization" folder...

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Those logs can really help sometimes!

Back to modding...

Aymerick

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 508
@Millansoft: It's cool, I'm glad you made that update
Those are good features, and I already merged most of them, so keep them coming ;)

@Vortilex, Cheruscan: It's not just the pirates
In the civilizationinfos.xml change back the AIbplayable=0 to AIbplayable=1 for the pirates, australia, china, and russia, then your game will start fine even with 15+ civs on the map...
I didn't check the custom houses, but AFAIK Aymerick still works on an improved version for those, and want to implement it in his next version

@Aymerick: When do you plan to upload your next update?
I'm starting to get worried that it will be hard to merge all of our changes together...
Btw, those are really nice ships. Didn't I see them in Pirates though? :mischief:
PS: I already use logging, of course ;)

Thanks to all those who've offered help :)

I recognize those two units from somewhere, but I can't remember where...

Spoiler :

:thumbsup:

Everything works fine now, Vortilex?
I can upload the modified xml file for you, if you want me to...

Stacmon, can you help me a little?
I remember you were very happy about adding the Inuits
I can't come up with a good leader for them. Currently I use Nakasuk, but he lived way too late (in the 20th century)
So it would be great if you can find or suggest me someone more appropriate, and maybe write a few lines about him ;)
Will keep the art, just want to change the colonizopedia entries...

I mistyped it: it's bAIplayable (there is no AIbplayable)
I'm not sure why couldn't you change it, but here is the xml file
You can overwrite either v0.03e or v0.03f with this

Attachments

• civilizationinfos_updated.rar
    10.3 KB · Views: 126
;)

If you still have problems on game-start, try to completely switch of pirates (both bPlayable and bAIPlayable = 0)

Stacmon, can you help me a little?
I remember you were very happy about adding the Inuits
I can't come up with a good leader for them. Currently I use Nakasuk, but he lived way too late (in the 20th century)
So it would be great if you can find or suggest me someone more appropriate, and maybe write a few lines about him ;)
Will keep the art, just want to change the colonizopedia entries...

I spent some time looking into this without much luck so far. Unfortunately, until relatively recently, there has been very limited contact between the Inuit and Europeans. If you think about Canadian history, Alberta and Saskatchewan (two Western provinces) were only formed in 1905 and aside from attempts to find a Northwest Passage, European interactions with the Inuit (and colonization in the Arctic) has been fairly limited. The Inuit have also lacked any real centralized leadership unlike other Aboriginal "empires" in the Americas.

I've found a few "leads" that I may pursue later. There was some contact and conflict between the Inuit and the English navigator Martin Frobisher in 1576. Also, Moravian missionaries attempted to convert some tribes to Christianity in the 1760s to try to end raids by the Inuit on European posts that were abandoned over the winter months. Unfortunately, from the sources I've looked at so far, I haven't been able to find names of important Inuit leaders yet (just general descriptions of events).

I may try to visit the library or ask someone more familiar with Canadian Aboriginal history that I know working for the federal government, if I have the opportunity.

was Chief Notoqchen actually a Inuit Chief?

I really doubt it. After searching for "Notoqchen", I found a lot of links referring to "Atlantica Online."

As soon as I filtered that out, I got only 5 results, one of which was this thread and the rest still seemed related to Atlantica.

Basically, I see no evidence that he's real, but thanks for the input, it was worth looking into.

Several things observed after extensive play as being needed:

1. A "Custom House" that works like the one in the original Colonoization.

2. Is there any way to lift a boycott? (with out a working custom house, your economy goes down the tube or you pay too much in taxes.

3.Is there is a way to promote soldiers to Professional?. I know they get the bonus's with continued victory, but they still remain colonists.( In Colonization I. you could train professional soldiers or they became professionals after winning battles). They should be trainable at the College or University level.

4.Indigo and coffee need a manufacturing structure like Tobacco, Cotton, and Sugar. This would require 2 additional professions (Dye Maker and Coffee Blender or what ever...) Sould have the same factory levels enabled as other comodities.

5. Additional comodities that could be included if item number 4 in not used. : Whale Oil, Spices, Gems, Hides, Cocoa, Tea, Alcohol, Hemp, Coal. (This would keep some kind of ecomomy going even if some are boycotted.

6. Need the whole Pirate civ improved or some recruitable mercenaries from a new building like a pub/inn/tavern. (This could compensate for item 3)

1. A "Custom House" that works like the one in the original Colonoization.

2. Is there any way to lift a boycott? (with out a working custom house, your economy goes down the tube or you pay too much in taxes.

There will be a working Custom House in the next update (It's almost ready, you wont have to wait too long...) so I'm unsure about lifting boycotts. I'm not sure if the two should coexist. AbsintheRed added this feature in v0.03f I think, but it needs to be reworked...

3.Is there is a way to promote soldiers to Professional?. I know they get the bonus's with continued victory, but they still remain colonists.( In Colonization I. you could train professional soldiers or they became professionals after winning battles). They should be trainable at the College or University level.

That has been on my ToDo list for some times now! It's a feature from Col1 that I loved. I want to make Criminals upgrading to Indentured Servant, then those upgrading to Free Colonist, then Free Colonist upgrading to Veteran Soldier based on experience and maybe with a little randomness...

Problem is with AoDII's Unit Upgrades (contingent on turns in job...). I need to find a way for those two to work together... This may take some time so it might be in the next official update...

4.Indigo and coffee need a manufacturing structure like Tobacco, Cotton, and Sugar. This would require 2 additional professions (Dye Maker and Coffee Blender or what ever...) Sould have the same factory levels enabled as other comodities.

5. Additional comodities that could be included if item number 4 in not used. : Whale Oil, Spices, Gems, Hides, Cocoa, Tea, Alcohol, Hemp, Coal. (This would keep some kind of ecomomy going even if some are boycotted.

At this point, I'm having problems adding new Yields, mostly because the GameFont is filled and I need to find a way to extend it. I intend to, at least, add a Master Dyer Profession. It would take in both Indigo and Cloth to make some Fine Cloth.

But your Dye Maker Idea could be good also, or both could coexist...

Coffee Blender? I don't think that would be realistic... I might even completly remove Coffee If I can't work around my GameFont problem...

6. Need the whole Pirate civ improved or some recruitable mercenaries from a new building like a pub/inn/tavern. (This could compensate for item 3)

Pirate Civ, I've completly removed because of conflicts when merging other ModComps. Instead, I'm adding some of the features for Kailric's "Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers" Mod...

Back to modding,

Aymerick

I started up a map using AoFD2 and compared the same startup (and map size) with AoD2. The biggest difference was in the tremendous amount of resources littering the land in AoFD2. In the same number of squares, you would have up to 4x more specials/resources. That is way, way too much. The AoD2 ratio of around 1 for every 10 squares seems about right, not nearly a third to a half of the squares.

Top Bottom