1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODMOD] Legacy of Erebus: Nuova Alba

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Opera, May 29, 2009.

1. Opera

Opera Deity

There will be one for 0.50, at least...

2. Opera

Opera Deity

Come to think of it... I'll probably make the next version "1.00". I'm a bit tired of 'less than 1' versions. I'll probably adopt Sephi's way of numbering versions: 'x.yy': 'x' increased when new features are added, 'yy' increased when bugs are fixed.

Thus, 1.00 changelog will be a changelog of everything I changed from Orbis .24i.

3. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

I am getting a massive amounts of XML errors and unable to run LENA, but I'm not sure why. Orbis itself works just fine. Am I the only one getting something like this? :(

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It's not compatible with the new version of Orbis just yet, is all. Opera's working on a patch. ;)

5. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

Ah, of course. That would explain it. :crazyeye:

6. Opera

Opera Deity

Yes, sorry, the patch is not out yet. It won't be until the end of the week in the best case. Worst case: I wait for next Orbis patch.

---

Anyway, while I'm working on the next working, I was thinking about a way to heat up this thread a bit. Of course, providing new and interesting features would be a good place to start but I'm not good at that! Instead, what about talking about a new implementation of the wild mana component?

Here's a summary of what I would like to do for it:
    I'm not sure how to behave about mana guardians... Maybe making them build a 'dungeon' if they stay a while on their mana, thus spreading culture around and really wreaking havoc? They would do it with a spell, removing their 'Held' status and allowing them to roam around their dungeon... I'm not sure yet.

---

I would also like to import&tweak the new animals from both Wild Mana and FFPlus. Plus add some others if there is ideas floating around with usable graphics. I think we have hyenas graphics but no hyena unit; we could use that.

---

Seems like the next next version will focus on the wonders of wild life. Thus, I will try to add a 'Wild Wild World' option, making it very hard & (hopefully) fun to explore the world, using things we learnt in the 'urban sprawl' thread.

What should this option involve? For now I thought about:

Late (or non-existent) map trading (printing press?).
    Slowed down scouts (1 move).
    Less sight for units.
    Perhaps adapting the Hinterlands modcomp (unability to enter certain terrain/features without a promo/tech; mostly I will go the promo road only, for this option).
    Making units get some bad promotions from harsh terrain... Like a promotion making it so a unit will die if it spends more than 3 turns on desert tiles...
    More culture needed to expand borders.
    A hard cap on city #?
    Increased minimum tiles between cities.

---

Here, you have some matter to discuss!

7. Valkrionn

Bah, you've been peeking at Vermicious's Changelog haven't you! Hyenas are already going in the next FFPlus... As will Boars, and maybe Orangutans. :lol:

8. Opera

Opera Deity

Nah, I didn't read Vermicious' changelog. Too lazy. I just discovered the ART_DEF in the Editor... and as I love hyenas... ;)

9. Valkrionn

:lol: Next version, they are spawned by Lions in combat... Stealing the Lion's kill. ;)

Although I'll be quiet now, as that's Vermicious's work and not my own. :mischief:

10. Knickohr

Knickohr Chieftain

I read the Thread, but never got the time to learn xml etc. to make the necessary changes. I would realy appreciate such an option! :thumbsup:

11. Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart Prince

I agree with that Map Trading might be a problem. From my Point off view maps souldent be traded at all but instead maybe add as one posible espionage mission to steal them.

Hinterland and the harsh terrain bad promotions sould be otional if added
    Sight of a unit sould never reduced to below 1 field around it imho.
    City Hard Cap is a very bad Idea, first of all its prone to bugs and second I dont like this artivical limit (Played FF Jontar with Hard Cap of 8 and got a City that displayed 8 outside but in reality haved 9 Population) If posible it would be bether to add more Unheappy and / or Unhealty after a certein size per population.
    Also I agree to increasing of minimum tiles betwean citys because I expirienced that the npc build its citys simply to close together.

12. Valkrionn

About the hard cap on city size.... Opera coded a VERY nice system for that already, for the Ngomele. If a leader has a city size cap (Done via trait), his cities can not go over that cap... But it is modified by tech and building.

So if you start with a cap of 10, but can gain up to 20 more as you play the game, what's the real issue? It solves the *Prevent Early Growth* issue, while not being too large of a handicap over all.

13. Opera

Opera Deity

The whole thing would be an option. I think Map Trading would be disabled with this option...

Yeah, this kind of thing needs testing. I played with a zero value and it was awkward...

I wasn't talking about a population cap but a # of city cap. Could be made era dependant.

I will have to try tweaking this setting :)

Yeah but this wouldn't do anything for the 'urban sprawl'. I'm fine with a lonely 20+ pop city surrounded by wild dungeons and the like.

Speaking of which, I might want to work on multilevels dungeons...

14. Opera

Opera Deity

Still brainstorming about the Wild Wild World gameoption... I thought about removing one level of culture and increasing the initial culture needed to go from Poor to Fledgling. Currently, we have, at normal speed:
    1. Poor (0)
    2. Fledgling (10)
    3. Developing (100)
    4. Refined (500)
    5. Influential (5000)
    6. Legendary (50000)
    My idea would be:
    1. Poor (0)
    2. Developing (50)
    3. Refined (500)
    4. Influential (5000)
    5. Legendary (50000)
    The two main changes would be that the first ring of culture will be way harder to get (may need to get Creative up to +4:culture:) and that there will be less rings (max radius of 5 instead of 6). But my main goal, letting wild life alone really longer, would need one of those two things:

Increasing those values to delay the gain of new rings... but this would make Cultural Victory even harder to get than it is now;

OR

Making it so culture stop expanding after a set level, using a bNoCultureExpansion tag... perhaps at Refined, so that the radius will stay at 3 even though the city will be Influential and then Legendary.

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

ah, this sounds like a really really interesting gameoption, making the game more fun without completely changing it. I approve :goodjob:

16. Opera

Opera Deity

Some bits will be hard to do as a gameoption only though, like the thing about culture levels :)

17. Sephi

Sephi Deity

you could create a new XML tag, like iWildWildWorldCultureNeeded and then force the DLL to use your new tag if the gameoption is selected

18. Opera

Opera Deity

Yeah but I would need to skip one level. Not sure how I would handle this in the code.

19. Sephi

Sephi Deity

is it really that important? Cities with legendary culture aren't all that common.

20. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Any idea when the patch will be up? Or a link to the last patch that LENA is compatable with?

Opy --> civfanatics is unblocked at school! Yey! I can download at school now! xD