1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODMOD] Legacy of Erebus: Nuova Alba

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Opera, May 29, 2009.

1. Wauthan

Wauthan Inaniloquent Nihiliarian

I'm sure she's talking about her experimental, nonpublished, versions of LENA. It's pretty common to use several variants of a mod when trying out new ideas.

2. Opera

Opera Deity

I'm confused about what is in current version of LENA and what is not.

Edit: I don't use many experimental versions (well, I have LENA, LENAtest, LeadersEnhanced and NuovaAlba but the last two are deprecated) but I'm lost because I don't write a changelog everytime I change something... So I've trouble knowing what is in the public version and what is not :lol:

Edit2: 50 pages! Or, well, ~980 replies? Nice!

3. Opera

Opera Deity

I'm wanting to add some more animals... Is there some some of you would like to see? I'd like to import the dragons from FFPlus... I know it's not lore-fitting but it's so flavourful to see dragons wandering around... I plan on adding hyenas too.

(Still to enhance the wild feeling of the world ;))

4. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

The Dragons should either be powerful and released by a ritual or be weaker and not 'dragons' per-say

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Should add dire hamsters. :lol:

6. Opera

Opera Deity

@civ_king: yes, they won't be strength 30 beasts, rather ~ 10:strength:.

@Valkrionn: I'm not sure about this one :p

7. Mihkail

Mihkail Chieftain

snakes! I was also thinking passive wildlife, like an event to catch a "wild elk" or something like that. Maybe whack a moles....

8. Opera

Opera Deity

Passive wild life? Care to explain?

Snakes... I'm not sure there's a viable model for them for now :(

9. civ_king

:goodjob:

10. Valkrionn

Well, if it helps at all in the next FFPlus patch the hamsters willbe some annoying little bastards.... They've got a few new tricks. :lol:

Snakes have a model, but no animation... Very bad looking in game, I think.

As for dragons... How about lesser dragons, that mature as their strength grows? Fairly easy to make a tag that checks for strboost that the animals get, I've already got one made for the next patch. ;)

11. civ_king

can it influence name changes so from Wyrmling to Ancient dragon? over the course of the upgrades it could gain like 100% strength bonus, also can it get stack promotions which increase the attack by how much they munch so it could go from 5:strength: to 15 strength 100% strength over 500 turns? which would give the Grigori's Dragon killing unit a huge boost

12. Valkrionn

13. Opera

Opera Deity

Sorry, I'm just not fond of hamsters... I see why you put them in though. They're more your thing than mine ;)

How exactly does this work?

Also, for the Wild Wild World option, maybe I should increase the cap of the StrBoost animal units can receive? :p

14. Valkrionn

Well, the Hamsters actually come from FF. Vermicious just made them able to spawn naturally rather than dungeons only. ;)

Well, the thing with the Dragons could be done via age promotions as well... But I like my method better. :lol:

All wild animals gain strength naturally, right? This strength is added by using the strboost function. I've made a promotion prereq based on that function, that checks for the number of strength boosts a unit has gained. As of now, after four boosts animals become Beasts, harder to capture.

Here's a potential setup for dragons... Going to run it by Vermicious to see if he likes it for FFPlus. ;)
    Starts as a Drake, a lesser dragon. 5 :strength:. Has an autoacquire promotion for each valid strBoost step (not sure how many they can go in Orbis) that adds an extra strength... Essentially doubles the strength gain.
    Additionally, each variety starts with a lesser breath ability, like currently in FFPlus. At several steps up (Not sure how many would be best yet), they gain a new version of the spell that is stronger, in keeping with their increased abilities.
    One last thing I'm just thinking... Have the extra strength promotions change the units Artstyle, making it larger. Same art, just a larger scale. ;)

15. Opera

Opera Deity

It's an interesting idea, Valkrionn :)

So far, I'll be adding Hyenas, Dragons (I don't know if I'll follow how you set them up, Brass, etc.), Sand Worms.

Isn't there some wild deer in FFPlus...? Should also find a Marsh animal... or two ;)

Another thing: is it possible to restrict some animals to some terrain? Like, Mammoth to tundra, Lions to plains/desert and the like?

16. Valkrionn

Stags? Yes. We have both Stags and Elk (Actually, Irish Elk... Giant deer from the Ice Age). Both cannot attack, but can cast certain spells. Art from AoI.

Probably going to be adding some kind of birds, as well... There's an animation from AoI that has them actually flapping their wings when they move. :goodjob:

Marsh animal? We use Wyrms (Sandworm) for Ice, Desert, and Marsh... Several different kinds. Would be nice to have different skins of it, but atm we don't so it does multiple duty. :goodjob:

Restricting animals to terrain is easy. The tags already exist... In fact, Wyrms are restricted to those three terrain types. No Plains, Grass, Tundra for them. The issue is they can cheat if they are on a feature... So by using jungle, they can get out of the marsh, and so on. Planning on writing a FeatureImpassable function, parallel to the terrain version.

17. Opera

Opera Deity

Nice! I think I'll steal them :)

That could be could as well. Phoenix?

Well, Wyrms don't strike me as marsh animals... Maybe something like a Gorgon, a Dragonfly or, better, a Hydra... (Heroes III fortress!)

Hmm. Maybe it's not properly written in the code... I'll take a look at it :)

18. Valkrionn

PL made some Hydra art, but hasn't animated it... I'd love for him to finish it. That way I could have Brigit be for good civs, Odio for evil, and the Hydra for neutral. :goodjob:

19. Opera

Opera Deity

Now that I think of it, we (I?) would use the Wyvern graphics from the Mazatl... Reducing its scale, maybe putting two models and voilà, I've a nice Jungle/Marsh flying unit ready to eat scouts :goodjob:

20. Valkrionn

...True.... Had not thought about that. :lol:

Maybe a quick reskin, if possible... At the least a different color.