[MODMOD] PTSD v.2.5.x for We The People 4.1 - NEW: More or Less More or Less!

Here is a screenshot showing more or less the extent of what my triangle trade does. Instead of going to directly America you always have to go through Africa first.
Ok I understand what you implemented, but I do not like to enfore this kind of gameplay on the player (or AI). :shake:
The player should still have the choice to which Continent he wants to sail to.

e.g. in Europe I still want to allow Players to chose: Africa or New World.
Having all Ships from Europe always sail to Africa is something I do not want to implement.

-----
All this to say I have still not figured out how to make the multiple button system of sail here or there to work.
Allowing the player to chose where to sail with "Actual Triangle Trade" that is what I want.

But it does not need to be "multiple Buttons" - potentially it can be integrated in the existing Button simply as one of the destinations.
(e.g. The "East vs. West" coast selection - with clicking the map - was also implemented in this button for RaR by our former team member Robert Surcouf.)

The feature is thus still on my todo-list and once I have time I will try to implement it. :dunno:
(I do not know yet if there will be a new Button or if I could integrate it simply as a destination in the exisitng Button.)

Answering to some of your comments:
Spoiler :

I want the triangle trade to stay a triangle.
Yeah but not all Trade and Travel with the New World was "triangle trade". :)
Not every single Ship arriving in the New World from Europe had gone to Africa to buy slaves.

In your solution basically 100% of the travel to the Colonies is "Triangle Trade" which is overexagerating and thus also not immersive.
(In reality it was like 20% in the first 50 years of Colonization and later once slavery business fully started about 50%).
Having a ship sail back and forth between Africa and Europe ...
Making it technically possible and an option in UI does not mean that this is going to happen.
I actually think that almost no player would ever do it too much, because it would not make sense for gameplay most of the time.

There may be a few situations in gameplay where a player may want to have a Ship sailing from Africa to Europe. (Which is fully historically correct as well.)
But I cannot imagine this as "major strategie" because it would in most cases not make any sense for gameplay. (You would lose a ship for trade with the colonies.)

Thanks anyways for explaining what you implemented. :thumbsup:

This is your modmod and you are free to implement your features in any way you want. :)
(Considering gameplay and also technically is simply not the solution I want for WTP core mod.)

Last edited:
But it does not need to be "multiple Buttons" - potentially it can be integrated in the existing Button simply as one of the destinations.
(e.g. The "East vs. West" coast selection - with clicking the map - was also implemented in this button for RaR by our former team member Robert Surcouf.)
Of course that is how it should be done. I don't know why I got stuck on the buttons dangling from the sails like Christmas decorations way. I'll take another look.

I'll take another look.
That would be really cool. :thumbsup:

As long as it allows the player to chose where to sail we could adapt it to the WTP core mod.
(I just do not want to have any hard-coding and keep the system flexible in case we should ever have ideas like "Global Colonization".)

Once that is done I would also like to give the different routes XML configuration for the distance they have.
(That is a different sub-feature however that pratially relies on the "Actual Triangle Trade" being implemented first.)

see here:
Spoiler :

Part 2:
Separately Configurable Travel Distances for every direction:
(Also see Part 3: Rebuild of Travel Time System as Travel Distance System)

1. Travel from Colonies to Europe
2. Travel from Europe to Colonies
3. Travel from Colonies to Africa
4. Travel from Africa to Colonies
5. Travel from Colonies to Port Royal
6. Travel from Port Royal to Colonies
7. Travel from Europe to Africa
8. Travel from Africa to Europe

Important:
  • All configurable in XML similar to current EuropeInfos.xml
  • Each Europe Travel Direction needs to be considered (East, West, North South)
Thus in the end (6x4 + 2) XML config entries.

Part 3:
Rebuild of Travel Time System as Travel Distance System.
(As discussed with @Nightinggale)

Impacts:
  • Different Movement Speeds of Ships will become important for intercontinental travel.
  • Travel Times to Europe / Africa / Port Royal / between Europe and Africa will be more

Hi Ramstormp!

Any chance that you will make a PTSD-version based on WTP 4.0.x? Or are you busy working in the WTP-team (totally understandable) and have abandoned this personal project of yours? Although I reeeeeaaaally like the new WTP (its absolutely brilliant), I do prefer the slower cultural border expansion and less yields-per-field from the PTSD mods.

Best regards,

HM

I have adapted chunks of it; but I am also trying some less extreme values until I have figured out what works with New Hope - it is essentially a completely different game. I didn't really play while it was under development. I will post what I have done so far at some point soon, since this will end up being a long term project to get all of it (if I am even going to port it all... not sure).

I am also trying to work on the map script for the core mod; as well as trying to entertain my parents, who are in town. I had not seen my mother in person for 7 years before this last week.

Hi Ramstormp!

Any chance that you will make a PTSD-version based on WTP 4.0.x? Or are you busy working in the WTP-team (totally understandable) and have abandoned this personal project of yours? Although I reeeeeaaaally like the new WTP (its absolutely brilliant), I do prefer the slower cultural border expansion and less yields-per-field from the PTSD mods.

Best regards,

HM
Posted a new version

Working on making specific cargo boxes based on types of allowed cargo. I am too much of a land crab to distinguish a troop ship from a slave ship. Keep making the same mistakes over and over. Load a settler, oops, that is a Frigate
Civ4ScreenShot0202.JPG

Don't know if this is a pain in the ass to change or not, but is there a way to assign the construction supplies unit to whatever category allows it to be transported in slave/cargo slots?

Love the modmod btw, the slower methodical pace is right up my alley

Don't know if this is a pain in the ass to change or not, but is there a way to assign the construction supplies unit to whatever category allows it to be transported in slave/cargo slots?

No, it looks like it was a quick thing to fix. At least using my clumsy, hackish methods. I need to test it first to make sure. Glad you like it.

Alright, posted a new version containing the fix you requested... and a bunch of other tweaks; so if you want to continue your save game, only replace the CvGameCoreDLL file and python folder or it may not work (it may not work with the dll file either now that I think about it).

Alright, posted a new version containing the fix you requested... and a bunch of other tweaks; so if you want to continue your save game, only replace the CvGameCoreDLL file and python folder or it may not work (it may not work with the dll file either now that I think about it).
I start new games often so I'm not too attached to my saves lol

The tweak to production values made me use construction materials less often but they seemed to load up fine for transport now. I saw some of the fur resources give +1 to trade goods but I haven't been able to figure out how to make them yet. I'm not sure if this problem existed in the last version or not, but expert herders don't seem to give a bonus to sheep unless they're on the sheep resource. Wondering if it's because I have built the ranch improvement since the breeding pen isn't available anymore. I only tested with a colonist, rancher, and expert herder. The updates to the map generation have been pretty awesome too! The map seems more balanced as far as feature placement goes now. Still greatly enjoying this mod and wanted to thank you for the work you've done

Working on making specific cargo boxes based on types of allowed cargo. I am too much of a land crab to distinguish a troop ship from a slave ship. Keep making the same mistakes over and over. Load a settler, oops, that is a FrigateView attachment 660768.
Does this feature work? How does it work in detail?

Does this feature work? How does it work in detail?
It works ok, I'd say. It is exactly like the picture shows. It is not just an empty box with tan edges, but has some transparent background images and/or different colored borders based on the type of ship. It could use some polishing - especially the galleon treasure loading system has a few small issues.

I have not implemented any diplomacy features with other Europeans to any great degree; at least as far as I can remember this second. I want more interactions of course, and have tried some things in the past, which didn't end up like I had envisioned. In my private version I use some of the date based war declarations from a CIV4 War and Peace python mod by I think his name is Platyping. Like the S. of the Dutch will declare war on the King of Spain in 1568, but the feature needs more depth to feel genuine. I need to become better at writing the historical popups that go along with each conflict. I also am not that great of a Historian to begin with, I have forgotten most of the different wars.

Did I make a mistake when installing this mod?
The pioneer cannot build any improvements, and although the colonist is shown as being able to build all the improvements in 1 turn, they are not actually built.
I downloaded this mod and overwritten it in the mods\WeThePeople-4.1 folder.
Of course I downloaded PTSD v2.5.1.7z.

Attachments

• K-507.jpg
    K-507.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 15
  • K-508.jpg
    K-508.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 16
Did I make a mistake when installing this mod?
The pioneer cannot build any improvements, and although the colonist is shown as being able to build all the improvements in 1 turn, they are not actually built.
I downloaded this mod and overwritten it in the mods\WeThePeople-4.1 folder.
Of course I downloaded PTSD v2.5.1.7z.
No, I am noticing that it does that too sometimes. Saving and reloading, once or twice or thrice, seems to clear it to make the pioneers able to build improvements again. I am working on trying to fix it.

Top Bottom