[MODMOD] PTSD v.2.5.x for We The People 4.1 - NEW: More or Less More or Less!

Happiness from defensive pacts work now.
What do you mean with this?
Does it not work in WTP core mod?

Fixed a division by zero bug in AI_transferYieldValue
And what about this?
Was it a bug you introduced or a bug in WTP core mod?

------

If we have a bug in WTP core mod, please let us know. :thumbsup:
(e.g. post the code you are talking about in our forum in e.g. "Bug reports".)

If you already fixed it please simply commit the fix to "Plains". :hug:
(I will check it then and merge it to the core mod.)

By the way, I also implemented this here in the core mod now (commited today). :thumbsup:
(So most likely you do not need to merge it again once you updated to next release.)
City guards have to be armed to not cause revolts over missing defense

Last edited:
What do you mean with this?
Does it not work in WTP core mod?

And what about this?
Was it a bug you introduced or a bug in WTP core mod?

------

If we have a bug in WTP core mod, please let us know. :thumbsup:
(e.g. post the code you are talking about in our forum in e.g. "Bug reports".)

If you already fixed it please simply commit the fix to "Plains". :hug:
(I will check it then and merge it to the core mod.)
It is a bug in the core mod. I don't know if my fix was properly executed, but I'll find it and send it over. Sorry for not reporting it properly. I wasn't really sure what was going on.... I thought maybe it was a bug that would only be triggered because of my changes.

The happiness from defensive pacts was something I broke then fixed again
Ok, then it is just about the other bug.

----

If you just copy me the part of the code I can easily check and merge it myself manually. :thumbsup:
(I just need to know which piece of code you are talking about.)

Thanks for the Pull request. :thumbsup:

We may have found and fixed the "Negative Yield Bug". :)
Please check the way I fixed it in my last commit. (The bug was deeper than you expected.)

@CurtnoAnna, I am sorry, but you have been playing some kind of hybrid. I am surprised that it worked, but not surprised that it was faster, since it was the core mod dll with my xml changes. Humble apologies.

But by all means if it works faster and you actually still like it maybe the hybrid version is the right one for you. I uploaded an actual final release dll

EDIT:
No, it could not possibly be the core mod dll - it was the dll of the last version, so we most likely just imagined any improvement in speed.

Last edited:
My games was faster because it was a new game, lol. The lag was there once I got started. I'm downloading the update. Great modmod.

Last edited:
Is there a way to use just the trade portions of this submod (triangle trade, steerage, limited goods) without the rest of the changes(A little extreme for me). I'm willing to change files around etc.

Is there a way to use just the trade portions of this submod (triangle trade, steerage, limited goods) without the rest of the changes(A little extreme for me). I'm willing to change files around etc.
Most of those changes are in the DLL under the tags 'Give me a triangle', 'Goods & slaves ...' and 'Europe Stock'. Porting those sections over to a fresh core We The People 3.0.1 version and recompiling would be the way to do it if you want it to be completely purified of other changes.

• If you mostly irritated at things like the low land production amounts you can switch most of the Assets\XML\Terrain folder with the core mod. It is only Civ4YieldInfos.xml that contain the Europe stock limitation.
  • If you hate the 4-plot plus shaped borders you can change the Fledgling culture level to 0 in Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4CultureLevelinfos.xml and then adjust each successive level to match the comparative one in the core mod. I guess you might have to add one more culture level and call it Divine or something if it is important to have exactly the same structure.
  • If you don't like things like how much the slaves produce or that criminals can carry guns but indentures cannot, you would have to adjust those values manually in CIV4UnitInfos.xml or the steerage system would be messed up.
  • As for CIV4GlobalDefinesAlt.xml you would have to go in and compare versions and adjust each value to what it was originally (Huge swaths can be copied and pasted, but I think I sneak in new stuff here and there that probably has to stay (although you can adjust their values to what you prefer, like at what points pasture breeding rates drop etc.)
  • Every other XML file can be copied over from the core mod.... I think (but I am sure I am wrong somewhere)
  • There are some changes in the Python\screens\maininterface.py file that you might possibly want to revert. It would be under a PTSD tag.

Anyway, since I need diversion from my current obsession with scouting the western horizon for incoming ICBMs I might try to see about doing the first suggestion (although it will take some time to get it done).

Is there a way to show borders for europeans ?
Copy the contents of the attached file into the PTSD mod folder and I think that should do it (at least it worked for Denmark and Holland, but let me know if any are missed).

I need to make some kind of color border on/off switch. I didn't know how to do that back when I made these changes.

Attachments

• EuColorBorders.zip
    3 KB · Views: 52
Copy the contents of the attached file into the PTSD mod folder and I think that should do it (at least it worked for Denmark and Holland, but let me know if any are missed).

I need to make some kind of color border on/off switch. I didn't know how to do that back when I made these changes.
It is working ...Thanks

In case anyone is inclined to think I have been nothing but a modder-F-grade dropout I did get succeed to get motivated enough to implement the ideas sparked by the eminent food suffragist @1ShadowCreature.

• Population growth is now based on food consumption minus unfulfilled domestic market demands.
  • The Food yield has its own separate storage capacity, which is half of the base regular storage capacity plus the added room that you get from buildings like the corn chamber and granary (no more boring food kept crap).
  • Base Population growth thresholds are a lot higher (I need to play for a while to figure out what threshold feels best).
  • The less tangible concept controlling the growth mechanism is now the wonderfully corny and in too many ways suitable yield Hearts :love:.
  • Settlers are equipped with 200 hearts and add them to a newly founded city to give them a head start on growth.
  • When a settler is equipped from a city it takes 200 hearts from that city, or all of whatever hearts have been accumulated if less than 200.
  • You can get max 40 hearts per turn from food consumption to limit huge city snowballing.
So, as @raystuttgart suggested, big cities grow very fast, small cities grow slowly, but this far I like it a lot better. It is possible that this concept only really works well if you play 1 plot radius and with limitations which make it harder to build huge cities. Any ideas that could improve or balance this concept (even if you don't personally like it) would be warmly welcomed.

Civ4ScreenShot0142.JPG

Hey AWESOME! And where may i get the files to try out this promise of awesomeness? i did a look around but this byzantine world of webs is generating way too many false positive results when i do broad searches on search engines. Help a poor fanatic out with a spare link, will you?

Hey AWESOME! And where may i get the files to try out this promise of awesomeness? i did a look around but this byzantine world of webs is generating way too many false positive results when i do broad searches on search engines. Help a poor fanatic out with a spare link, will you?
I have this problem with negative storage which I can't fix, causing me to fall off the modding bandwagon; but I am thinking of just turning off the negative storage alert. I am not sure the negative storage is actually affecting the game. I just need to figure out how to do even that. After that I will post an updated version.

I do have a Hagia Sophia-sized github page: https://github.com/Ramstormp/PTSD

@Ramstormp
As you wrote you have already implemented "Triangle Trade" - meaning possibility to travel between the Europe, Africa and Port Royal.
Could you post some screenshots please how it looks like ? (Maybe we could directly integrate this from your modmod into "New Hope".)

@Ramstormp
As you wrote you have already implemented "Triangle Trade" - meaning possibility to travel between the Europe, Africa and Port Royal.
Could you post some screenshots please how it looks like ? (Maybe we could directly integrate this from your modmod into "New Hope".)
You know my method is completely hackish and improper, but maybe I can think a bit (though I have to work this entire weekend and on, so we shall see how that goes), and actually do it right. I think I know how it ought to be done.

@raystuttgart
Here is a screenshot showing more or less the extent of what my triangle trade does. Instead of going to directly America you always have to go through Africa first. There is no optional button hanging around the ship to go directly to America. I have thought about adding a filter where if you have a ship full of colonists or perhaps cargo of equal or higher value than what you can sell in Africa one automatically circumvents the stop in Africa. The thing is I enjoy seeing the stop in Africa, but I don't think I would enjoy seeing a bunch of buttons of sail here or there cluttered around the ships; especially not one to Port Royal (which I don't think you wanted either). I want the triangle trade to stay a triangle. Having a ship sail back and forth between Africa and Europe only might be historically correct at some circumstances, but this is a game about American history mostly. Something about it feels, I don't know, unromantic?

All this to say I have still not figured out how to make the multiple button system of sail here or there to work.
Civ4ScreenShot0174.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom