[MODMOD Request] Strangle that slurring drunk

AlpsStranger

Jump jump on the tiger!
I only ask on this subforum because I want to make sure it's compatible with GEM ( I'm not sure if there would be issues or not. )

Could someone "null" the XML links to the MP3s of that drunken fool who is trying to read the Dawn of Man text and the tech/wonder splashes? If I turn speech down I lose everything ( and I like a lot of the leader speech. ) I think I'm going to uninstall Civ5 if I hear that guy one more time.

I second that request! I can't stand the guy but I love the leaders' speech.

Hmm, not sure, but I'd just try replacing the files with empty sound files (directly deleting them might cause issues ;)). They seem to be located at assets/sounds/speech/English/DawnofMan and Tech and Wonder (for the base game, each DLC and the expansion). Good luck with going through all of them ;)

But I'm sure there is a simpler solution someone is going to tell us soon ;)

I only ask on this subforum because I want to make sure it's compatible with GEM ( I'm not sure if there would be issues or not. )

Could someone "null" the XML links to the MP3s of that drunken fool who is trying to read the Dawn of Man text and the tech/wonder splashes? If I turn speech down I lose everything ( and I like a lot of the leader speech. ) I think I'm going to uninstall Civ5 if I hear that guy one more time.

For the wonder splashes, if you turn off music there is no voice (or music). Leader's still speak though

It's hard to compare to Leonard Nimoy reading the intro and tech quotes. :)

Like you, I got tired of the intro speeches a long time ago. I tend to mute speech just before starting games, then unmute later to hear leaders. I agree a more effective solution would be just disabling the intro speech. I'll see if it's possible to add an option for that in the Civup options file.

Update: I completed this for Civup 2.5.3. :thumbsup:

It's hard to compare to Leonard Nimoy reading the intro and tech quotes. :)

Like you, I got tired of the intro speeches a long time ago. I tend to mute speech just before starting games, then unmute later to hear leaders. I agree a more effective solution would be just disabling the intro speech. I'll see if it's possible to add an option for that in the Civup options file.

Update: I completed this for Civup 2.5.3. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Can you make it switch off the tech/wonder speech too? I really hate that drunk homeless guy.

Top Bottom