1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODPACK][Warlords] jrayUGH Unaltered Gameplay Hodgepodge

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by jray, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Morfydd

Morfydd Warlord

The same problem that occurs with windos 2k also occurs with vista and may show up in xp 64 ..<so far i havent had any with your mod but a couple others have given me issues using xp64..i seriously doubt ill ever downgrade to vista as its even harder to go in and do compatibility adjustments...>

2. n0thing

n0thing Chieftain

great mod, jray... but just one request. can you add non-english languages support, maybe in your next fix/version? i dont saw translations but just compatibility 'cause when i choose english everythink is fine but if i choose another language (example: italian) the main menu contain no text at all!

another point... can you make the move highlighter an optional component? when the squares appear my pc lag, lag, lag (expecially in the reinassance/modern era)

just two tips, i don't want to criticize...

thats all, keep your good work and sorry for my english

regards

3. Iustus

Iustus King

As reported in the Actual Quotes thread, and the BetterAI bug reports thread, there is a bug in the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file included as part of this mod.

The bug will cause all spontaneous vassal offers (and cancels) to fail to bring up the diplomacy dialog. Read more in those links as to what is missing and what to fix.

-Iustus

4. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

And now, that bug has been fixed with patch 3.51.

I would assume that any user of jray's mod can safely download and install this patch, as it only replaces CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml.

Thanks for the heads-up!

5. jray

jray King

Weird, I swear I responded to this post last week, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe I forgot to hit Submit and shut down my computer or something :). Anyway, sorry for the troubles.

I have no idea why the non-English languages are causing problems. If you can manage to capture some problems into a log, or post a screenshot, then I will try to troubleshoot.

Regarding the move highlighter, it's easy to disable: just change the first setting in jrayPlotListEnhancements.ini. I've added a description in the Usage Notes with specifics. I'll disable it by default in the next release, since it's mostly broken anyway.

Thanks much for your feedback!

6. jray

jray King

Thanks, Iustus & Willowmound! Yep, it should be plenty safe to just download & apply your patch. I'll make sure I include it in the next jrayUGH release too. Will probably be a little while though, as I have a big work deadline coming up. I wish my day job was modding :crazyeye:.

7. QcFrogMan

QcFrogMan Chieftain

hey jray, just thought I'd tell ya that I like your mod. I'm an almost complete newbie to the civilization series, only getting civ 4 with Warlords maybe a months ago and I wanted to upgrade the looks of it without altering gameplay and after comparing with the alternatives, I've made your mod my official gameplay mod from now on. :)

I had also started using the betterAI mod but seeing the failed assert reported here by Iustus here made smell something fishy so I had reverted back to the vanilla AI. I will now most certainly apply the patch and have downloaded the latest build of betterAI to use again.

Thanks for the support fo your mod and keep up your great work.

QFM

8. jray

jray King

Thanks, QFM! In case you're nervous about the Better AI asserts, they're really only tools for the developers to get hints about possible bugs, most of which have been benign. I haven't found Better AI to be any less stable than the vanilla AI (in fact, it seems more stable). In this particular case, the bug was in jrayUGH, and Better AI simply pointed it out.

9. QcFrogMan

QcFrogMan Chieftain

okay, just replaced the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml file in \MODS\jrayUGH\Assets\XML\GameInfo with the patched one that I just downloaded and I added the new CvGameCoreDLL.dll of BetterAI in the customs assets folder just like they say to do and now my game is not loading. I get the error message you can see in the screenshot...

I tried going back to the old CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml without taking out BetterAI and it loaded fine. No clue what to do with this but for now, I need to go back to prepatch CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml...

QFM

Attached Files:

10. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

FrogMan,

I'm really sorry about this. Entirely my fault. Patch 3.51 is broken. However, I've now fixed the problem and uploaded a new patch (3.51b). This works. You can download it from here.

Again, sorry for any trouble caused.

11. QcFrogMan

QcFrogMan Chieftain

oh, thanks Willowmound! I've downloaded the 3.51b patch and will try it tonight.

Don't be sorry though, not much trouble was caused by this. I was just a bit puzzled by it... :)

FM

12. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

Well, it caused me some consternation. I always test before uploading. Except. This. One. Time. :mad:

13. QcFrogMan

QcFrogMan Chieftain

hehe, that's good. You care about what you put out there, very well done.

I played with the new patched file and it works perfectly now, or at least it's loading correctly. I have not experienced any offer to become my vassal yet, but there might just not have been any...

FM

14. jray

jray King

Hey folks,

Just a heads-up that I will be regrettably away from Civ4 until April or so... real life calls... So good luck with the modpack and happy civving until I return!

FYI I added a note about the ActualQuotes vassal issue to the "Known Issues" section. Just download Patch 3.51b for Willowmound's Actual Quotes, a single file, and overwrite the one in jrayUGH.

15. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Quick question -- is this compatible with the BetterAI mod?

16. carl corey

carl corey Deity

I'm playing with this mode and really loving it. Many thanks to you and all who have contributed.

Also, I have a tiny suggestion: change the ALT+R for reminders. It's also used for building roads between two points and I kind of got used to that. I don't remember exactly in which file you have to change, but if I could find it you can find it too. ;)

17. jray

jray King

Yep, sure is. Just add the BetterAI file(s) to the appropriate place(s) in MODS\jrayUGH after you install jrayUGH.

Thanks, I didn't know that ALT+R already had a command. I'll put that on my to-do list for the next release. I think I remember seeing it as ALT+E in another modpack... maybe that's why they changed it. It's ALT+R in the original mod itself, and I just left it as-is.

18. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Prince

Can I play Succession Games while using this mod? Like in, will it be compatible with vanilla Warlords saves (from people without mod), and will people be able to use my saves?

19. Gaurav

Gaurav Prince

I haven't fully tested it, but I don't see any reason why not. I don't see any savegame incompatible mod components included. However, it is not currently designed to easily install in CustomAssets, which is very much required for SGing, so some work to fix is required. (Not hard if you know a little python.)

Ruff's Cobbled SG Modpack is the only one I'll guarantee works in SGs, by design.

20. The M'Hael

The M'Hael Chieftain

I downloaded this, and now I have no HUD. Any ideas?