modpacks

eris23

Warlord
noob question:

how would i go about combining one of the modpacks offered here (like conquerors delight, super spies, inquision, great women or tsentom1 python wonders, preferably all of them) with rfc? is that even compatible?

Some may be compatible with simple XML edits. Most of them either require heavy modifications in Python, or, worse, SDK.

sdk...i somewhat recall a frequent user here being called that...he can help? well, i d say that conquerors delight is definitly a nono...right? but the simpler ones should be easy, like tsentom wonders maybe...oh wth, i ll just give it a try, maybe it works, and the worst that could happen is i have to copy the folder into the directory again...

isnt there a megamod project going, ya know, to unify all great mods in one, one mod to rule them (us?) all so to speak, good morning btw...or...what time is it there in russia? 10 am?

Now now, RFC is a grand mod in itself. It's up to the users to modify the game to their needs, if that is what they prefer. Creating an even grander modpack is and should be the player's duty. What someone might like to see in his game might not be to someone other's liking. For example, I'd want to modify the civics a little although a veteran Civ player would protest by saying they've been created the way they are for the sake of balance and simpledom. So, there'd already be two sides arguing over what to add and what not. Imagine that been done with around 20 more mod comps!

I've added the following mod components to my RFC:
- Actual Quotes for BtS
- Inquisitor
- Great Sphinx
- Protestantism
- Varietas Delectat (not the latest version since it makes the game crash frequently)
- some changes to the XML here and there

And I've been fine, although I've had to ask around a question or two every now and then. :undecide: Anyhow, it's best you do the modifications to your version of RFC yourself.
...And I believe the user you meant was kbk, not sdk.

well...even the grandest of things become grander when combined with sth else. for example i stumbled upon the history in its making mod which appearantly is sth of the likes at it incorporates lots of other mods. i too did some (minor) changes to the xml, basically experimenting with what can be done. (not much with my capabilities, tried to mess with some of the python and core files too, but that ended up causing saladin to spam church of nativities...for some reason)

so...how did you get the inquisitor running?

- Varietas Delectat (not the latest version since it makes the game crash frequently)

Adapted to RFC by me, right? How does it crash?

so...could someone tell me how to alter the maximum workable plot range of cities...maybe according to culture level. my problem with adapting most of this mods is that they have their own dll files and change way too many files that i have no idea what exactly they re doing...

Top Bottom