Mods Anti OOS and CTDs for Rife 1.20

Maska_zgz

Warlord
Para hispano hablantes mirar segundo post.

---------------------- NEW VERSION OF THE NoDistanFire MODULE¡¡¡¡ DO NOT USE FOR RIFE 1.23 ----------------------

New version of the NoDistantFire module. In this one, the entries that make reference to distant combat in the CIV4PromotionsInfos archive have been suppressed.

Some time ago I saw Zarcaz shooting from a distance, even using the module. Why? Because of his magic bow. And, like this bow, a lot of promotions give bonuses to distance attacks and to the attack range. I think the update is necessary.

It's a temporal version. I'm only offering it for you to take a look (and make suggestions of how to balance the changed promotions) and for you to know that I'm working on it. I'm going to do a balanced version of the promotions that have been useless or have a very high cost. If you have any OOSs with version 1.0 (I've never had any) try with this new version.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZO6MHKX

MODS Anti_OOS&CTD_v1.0 by Maska COMPATIBLE WITH VERSION 1.23

Readme Traslations by SkottyRG

>Introduction<

This is a modules pack to achieve a cleaner and error free game play for Rise from Erebus v.1.20.

It's divided in two modules, one for single player and one for multiplayer. You mustn't install both single and multi player at the same time.

When your going to play in Multi, erase Single and the other way around. This way you'll be able to enjoy all possible characteristics of Rise from Erebus 1.20 depending on the game modality. You can also copy the Rise from Erebus folder and call it Rise from Erebus MP and you'll avoid having to change the modules each time you play. There's only one problem, the desktop-access that the mod creates won't be valid for the multiplayer version of the mod. You've only got to copy the Rise from Erebus shortcut-right-click-properties and there you'll see the route for the original mod that is:

...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise from Erebus

Changing the name by adding a space at the end and then writing MP you'll have a multiplayer shortcut, it should look like this:

...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise from Erebus MP

Inside each module there's a Readme txt. It's very important to read it because as well as the complete explanation of each module and how to install them there is also included other important help to be able to play Rise from Erebus 1.20 without errors or how to solve them when they occur. I'm not including them here because some are only for multiplayer (the ones for single player are also valid for multiplayer) And that's why I've separated them in different modules. To read EVERYTHING that I've included is absolutely essential to be able the mod with the minimum possible number of errors (hardly any).

So, having said that, now it's your choice to do it or not...

I hope this is of some help and we can meet in a multiplayer match of this magnificent game.

>Important for Multi-player<

Each person MUST have exactly the same modules installed to be able to join the same game.

You must not only have these modules the same, but also any other modification of files or other mods in the game folder.

A good way to verify if the installations are the same is going to the Rise from Erebus folder, Right-click, properties and see the size in bytes of the game.

Thanks to Iceciro for his Fall to Pieces: Modular Mods by Iceciro, on who's work I base mine.

Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JG23QX4

---------------------- NUEVA VERSION DEL MODULO NoDistanFire¡¡¡¡ ----------------------

Nueva versión del módulo para MP NoDistantFire. En este se han eliminado las entradas que hacen referencia al combate a distancia en el archivo CIV4PromotionInfos.

Ya hace tiempo vi a Zarcaz disparando a distancia, incluso utilizando el modulo. ¿Por que? Por su arco mágico. Y como este arco, muchas promociones dan bonificaciónes al ataque a distancia y el rango de ataque. Creo que esta actualización es necesaria.

Es una versión temporal. Solo la ofrezco para que le echeis un vistazo (y me hagais sugerencias de como equilibrar las promociones cambiadas) y para que sepais que estoy trabajando en ello. Voy a hacer una versión equilibrada de las promociones que han quedado inútiles o que tenían un precio muy alto. Si usted tiene algunos OOS con la versión 1.0 (yo nunca he tenido ninguno) probad con esta nueva versión.

Descarga del modulo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZO6MHKX

MODS Anti_OOS&CTD_v1.0 por Maska

>Introduccion<

Esto es un pack de módulos para conseguir un juego más limpio y sin fallos de la versión 1.20 de Rise from Erebus.

Esta dividido en dos series de módulos, unos para Single Player y otros para Multi Player. No debéis de instalar los de Single Player y los de Multi Player a la vez. Cuando vayáis a jugar en Multi borrad antes los de Single y viceversa, así podréis disfrutar de todas las características de Rife 1.20 posibles según sea el tipo de juego. También podéis hacer una copia de la carpeta Rise from Erebus y llamarla Rise from Erebus MP y así evitareis ir cambiando los módulos cada vez que juguéis. Solo hay un problema, el acceso directo creado en el escritorio por la instalación del mod no valdrá para la copia del mod para Multi Player. Solo tenéis que hacer una copia del acceso directo de Rise from Erebus y darle a botón derecho del ratón y a propiedades y allí veréis la ruta del mod original, que es:

...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise from Erebus

Solo con añadir un espacio al final y escribir MP y ya tendréis un acceso directo para Multi Player. Debería quedar así:

...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise from Erebus MP

Dentro de cada serie de módulos hay un archivo de texto para leer. Es muy importante leerlo ya que a parte de la explicación completa de cada modulo y su forma de instalación también se incluyen otras ayudas muy importantes para poder jugar sin fallos a Rife 1.20 o la forma de solucionar estos cuando se presenten. No los incluyo aquí ya que algunos son solo para Multi Player (los de Single Player sirven para Multi) y por eso los he separado en sus respectivos módulos. Leer TODO lo que he puesto es absolutamente vital para poder jugar al mod con los mínimos problemas posibles (o ninguno casi), así que en vuestras manos queda el hacerlo o no......

Espero que os sirvan de ayuda y nos veamos en alguna partida Multi Player de este magnifico juego.

>Importante para Multi Player<

Todos tenéis que tener exactamente los mismos módulos instalados para poder uniros en una partida en red.

No solo tenéis que tener los mismos módulos de estos que yo os pongo, sino cualquier modificación de archivo o módulos hecha en vuestra carpeta de juego.

Una buena forma de verificación para saber si son iguales las instalaciones es ir a la Carpeta Rise from Erebus, botón derecho / propiedades y mirar el peso en Bytes del juego.

Doy las gracias a Iceciro por su Fall to Pieces : Modular Mods de Iceciro, en el cual me he basado para hacer estos modulos.

Descarga: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JG23QX4

Interesting. Do you have a list of changes you made in this mod? I'd like to know how you've fixed the CTDs in single player and what changes you made to prevent OOSs in multi-player.

Translation by Google / Traducción de Google

Interesante. ¿Tiene usted una lista de cambios realizados en este mod? Me gustaría saber cómo se ha fijado el CTD en un solo jugador y los cambios que hizo para evitar que OOSs en multi-jugador.

Hi Milaga, I've been helping Maska with the translations of the readmes so I know what's in the mods, he's away for the weekend so I'll answer for him.
If you download the mod you've got a very detailed readme where everything's explained, even what lines of code have been changed or suppressed. Specifically, to avoid the CDTs in single player some factions have been blocked for the AI because they had known errors already noted in the forum (for example jotnar, legion d'tesh).
Maska's commented to me that he was thinking about posting the whole readmes, so I suppose he'll do that this evening when he gets back.

We'd really appreciate it if anyone who has downloaded the mods could post some feedback on them, thanks in advance.

I will try to get a game going with my friends using this if I can.

I really do not understand why civ doesn't have some kind of "oh we're out of synch, well lets use the values of the original game host then" thing..

Hi Milaga, thanks for your interest;

As SkottyRG commented, the only changes that have been done to avoid CTDs are the blocking of certain factions that, by comments in the forum by Valkrionn and others, must be blocked depending on the type of game because it has been detected that they cause serious problems in this version or because they could cause problems in multi-player.

MULTI-PLAYER:
In multi-player there are several independent modules: BlockFactionsMP, BlockFactionsPlusMP, NoDistantFire and ThousandFails.

-In BlockFactionsMP these factions have been blocked:
Kuriotates, Jotnar and Archos.

-In BlockFactionsPlusMP these factions have been blocked:
Kuriotates, Jotnar, Archos, Scions of Patria and The Legion of D'tesh.

Both of them must not be used at the same time and I advise to use BlockFactionsPlusMP.

-In NoDistatFire the code that makes Air Combat work for the units in play has been blocked (this is the most important OOS causer) I've taken special care of not blocking the code iAirRange in units that use it for their movement (like the hawk). These exceptions have never caused problems in my games ( I use the hawk a lot).

-ThousandFails is still the same that Iceciro made available in his mods because it's compatible with Rife v.1.20, although I may change the bonuses it gives in the future.
I have added it to my compilation so it is not necessary to download two different things from two different places ( I hope this doesn't bother Iceciro).

SINGLE PLAYER:
In single player a mod called BlockFactionsSP has been added; it blocks the following factions:
Jotnar, Archos and The Legion of D'tesh.

As you can see my work has been based nearly completely on Iceciro's work (lot's of thanks for that) and the changes done have been updates to the present version of Rife since, for example, lots of units included in Rife v.1.20 were not included in OOSBreak and the ones that were included did not have lots of the changes and new abilities and spells that Rife has added to them. This made them not be complete and the new units with Air Combat could cause OSSs when they entered the game.

Anyway, if you download the mods, these have very extensive Readmes that explain in more detail all of this and lots more. I have also included some help to configure the game better (taken from this and other civ4 forums and things I've learnt from my own experience) that also help to avoid problems caused by an incorrect configuration or to solve them when they appear (they have helped me a lot).

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the modules. I'd appreciate comments on how you've done with them. If you find any errors let me know so I can fix them.

Para hispano hablantes mirar mas abajo en este post.

New version of the NoDistantFire module in the first post. In this one, the entries that make reference to distant combat in the CIV4PromotionsInfos archive have been suppressed.

Some time ago I saw Zarcaz shooting from a distance, even using the module. Why? Because of his magic bow. And, like this bow, a lot of promotions give bonuses to distance attacks and to the attack range. I think the update is necessary.

It's a temporal version. I'm only offering it for you to take a look (and make suggestions of how to balance the changed promotions) and for you to know that I'm working on it. I'm going to do a balanced version of the promotions that have been useless or have a very high cost. If you have any OOSs with version 1.0 (I've never had any) try with this new version.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZO6MHKX

Nueva versión del módulo para MP NoDistantFire en el segundo post., En este se han eliminado las entradas que hacen referencia al combate a distancia en el archivo CIV4PromotionInfos.

Ya hace tiempo vi a Zarcaz disparando a distancia, incluso utilizando el modulo. ¿Por que? Por su arco mágico. Y como este arco, muchas promociones dan bonificaciónes al ataque a distancia y el rango de ataque. Creo que esta actualización es necesaria.

Es una versión temporal. Solo la ofrezco para que le echeis un vistazo (y me hagais sugerencias de como equilibrar las promociones cambiadas) y para que sepais que estoy trabajando en ello. Voy a hacer una versión equilibrada de las promociones que han quedado inútiles o que tenían un precio muy alto. Si usted tiene algunos OOS con la versión 1.0 (yo nunca he tenido ninguno) probad con esta nueva versión.

Descarga del modulo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZO6MHKX

After a few games...

it mostly works, and I've gotten through several games with 2 multiplayers without oos, but with 3 players it still tends to start OOSing between turn 150 and 250 on Epic speed.

After a few games...

it mostly works, and I've gotten through several games with 2 multiplayers without oos, but with 3 players it still tends to start OOSing between turn 150 and 250 on Epic speed.

Hello again. I've not droped by much due to personal matters. I'm glad you replied.

Although my current time is very limited, I'll attempt to pass by from time to time.

But I would ask a favour. I've played many games in multiplayer for two and three players,

and I've never had problems with OOS, I would like you to specify which version of the mod NoDistantFire

you used (1.0 or 1.1) in two player games and if you changed your version in the three player games.

Also if you used all the mods for multi or only NoDistantFire. Also if you tell me which factions were in

play when you had the OOS it would be very useful. It would also be very useful for some of whom have downloaded

the mods to comment on their experience with these in order to correct errors.

I would be very grateful for any help or information. I have new versions of these mods, if you want to try them I'd be

happy to upload them to megaupload:)

For Valkrionn:
As you see it's not necessary for me to do a sub-forum in civfanatics for this mod, a small community has been growing in apolyton. More or less 30 Spanish players allready enjoy the mod. Thanks for your surprise visit to apolyton forums. ;)

Hi Guys,

Maska, you mentioned that you might have other versions of your crash fix. the latest one mentioned here is for v.123, is it compatible with v.131 or do you have one for it?

Thanks,
naponroy

Could you update your Mod again ?
Because Rife / Orbis / MoM are all OOs loving Mods. So its nearly impossible to play long enough to enjoy it. I`m wondering why this bug still remains and cant be fixed.
Or when its impossible, then take those features away to make an enjoyable game in MP.

Top Bottom