1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MODs compatible with Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by vyyt, Jan 29, 2015.

1. balthazaar

balthazaar Chieftain

Ive tested and can confirm that "Civ Names by Policies" is not compatible as it cause the diplomacy button to stop working.

2. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Which diplomacy button? I'm playing a CBP game with "Civ Names by Policies" and so far am not having any problems with the main 'globe' button. I'm not using EUI, however, so perhaps that's the root of the issue?

3. balthazaar

balthazaar Chieftain

Yeah, I've since found the solution from the steam page

Quote from Lex [Mod author] 30 Mar, 2015 @ 6:08pm
    > Sorry if this concern has already been addressed, but I noticed the diplomacy button in the upper right corner gets disabled when using this mod with the Enhanced User Interface. Do you think you can look into this when you have a chance? Or do you think the issue lies with EUI?

It is due to the same files are modified in thesу two mods. You need to manually delete DiploList.lua from my mod folder.

4. NarrativeKnight

NarrativeKnight Chieftain

Should I ask here or should I ask WHoward directly if UI-City Expansion will ever be made compatible with the CBP? It is a very important mod because the game is incredibly bad at picking expansion locations. It can be crippling to have to wait for the money or even worse the time to get more production or more food while the game chooses anything but what you need over and over.

5. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Can't comment on technical compatibility, but doesn't that basically turn culture directly into gold where tile acquisition is concerned? The whole unpredictable, creeping border mechanic is meant to occasionally pose a strategic problem. Need some specific tiles?... generate more income, knock over some barb camps or maybe supplement with some long term choices that speed passive border growth (there are a few that stack).

Not that the mod wasn't useful at some point in the history of civ5, but you have a lot of options in VP to solve strategic problems. Full manual tile selection seems like a sure way to disturb a fixed balance point.

6. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Two questions.

1. Is there anyway to play VP (CBP) with more than 22 players?

2. Is it really true that Whoward69's mods are compatible with the CBP despite only one altered DLL be allowed. I'm a little confused. If I use the DLL-various mod components will it make some of his other mods compatible with the CBP?

Thanks for any help guys. I've been puzzling over these questions for quite a while now.

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Majority of WHoward's DLL is incorporated in CP DLL, so yes, most of his minimods will work - make sure they are not already incorporated. Just do not try to install his DLL, it would not work as only 1 DLL can be active.

8. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Thanks Vytt, I appreciate it!

9. NarrativeKnight

My problem is not with the strategic difficulties that the creeping mechanism brings about at all. My problem is that the creep is entirely and totally irrational. It places no value on resources whatsoever and will follow terrain and other factors out to infinity while totally ignoring more difficult to achieve resource tiles. This is entirely counter intuitive and breaks immersion. If you have to force strategy with automated stupidity then you game just sucks. I don't mind if it doesn't immediately go for resources but the way it works is far past anything that can be called reasonable.

I know how to play the game and I play tall so my cultural borders are always assisted in spreading faster with whatever is handy at the moment. I usually spread faster culturally than any of the AIs so that is not the issue. I have a nearly ocd revulsion for cheap tricks that make no sense to provide extra difficulty. It is just low quality.

10. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Odd. Sounds like we're having different experiences with the expansion logic. On my end, it isn't completely random... it favors strong tiles (typically resource tiles) if they're available. What it doesn't do, however, is automatically expand towards strong tiles in the outer ring... you have to force it in that direction. It will also reevaluate it's selections if you purchase a tile adjacent to a strong one that was previously out of reach. Definitely worth investigating if you're seeing drastically alternate behavior... maybe open a thread to discuss expansion logic.

Sorry to derail your original compatibility question, btw. There's at least a conflict with cityView.lua which might be solved by merging (barring any other indirect conflicts). Whether or not you use EUI is also relevant, as that also modifies cityView. Post your details and I'll see if I can help get it working.

11. briantjack

briantjack Chieftain

I've only recently tried out the Community Patch and the Community Balance Patch, and I've got to say I am enjoying the enhancements your team has put into the game. However, I've appreciated how another mod ("Techtree Overhaul", "Real Future") changes the tech tree over what the CBP does. (By the way, TO and RF are compatible with the CP -- just not the CBP.) Do you know how I may disable ONLY CBP's tech tree so I may use the other mods?

12. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I don't know the 2 mods you are talking about, but I seriously doubt it would be that simple. CBO adds new techs and game mechanics bound to certain techs and the tech tree is part of the new balance as a whole. You could probably dissect the 2 mods and carefully use their xml/sql parts as a new mod-mod or copy paste these parts to the xml/sql files of CBO. Do the 2 mods change the tech tree a lot?.The 2nd one seems to be adding some futuristic techs? I think it could work to append some parts of it to the current CBO tech tree, but not sure if the new techs would be balanced with the CBO mechanics.

13. briantjack

briantjack Chieftain

They do change the tech tree a lot. You should check out their pages in Steam Workshop. Both mods were developed by the same creator, who employed quite a bit of support from other users on CivFanatics.

Well, I wasn't planning to learn xml/sql. Is it hard? I'll probably just accept one or the other.

14. zahfares

zahfares Chieftain

hi
    the UI - Trade Opportunities in the Incorporated into CBP is crossed over, what does that mean, Is it ok to use with the CBP?
    tnx

15. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Compatible "out of the box" says Really Advanced Setup (v14)
    Does it Mean RAS v15 is not compatible?

16. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Ah, sorry, that was a mistake. It is compatible, I removed it from the list completely now. Thanks!

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Nope, v14 was the latest version when compatibility was reported. I am using v15 now and can confirm it is fully compatible. I removed the version number now.

Thanks

18. Socrat

Socrat Chieftain

greetings. pardon my question here, I found about an other Mod, namely: Health & Plague; I suppose it to be compatible before with Cbp through a "compatibility patch",

while H&P is enlisted as quite compatible here I can t find if it is now, do you think it to be compatible or what should I do to add it to Cbp.

I think plagues alongside Emigration are only left foundamental aspect that would well fit for an overhaul simulation of civs.

Your effort is great and I find this project as a wonder. edit: thank you

___

edit II: unfortunately I have a second question about cbp: it causes the game to "stall" and halt technology this way in my case: the tech tree is somewhat blocked, you can t run it to view tech later than first classical era.
    It worked fine untill there, and I ve thought it was a menu aesthetic issue, untill it reaches classical era, techs wich don t display can t be discovered: tou can select nothing, but the game enable you to go Next Turn, and no science point is then added.

I eraised all other Mods, also those who were not enabled, unsubscribing and eliminating from MODS, then (after tabula rasa) I downloded again Vox Populi and started a map, without any other mod, and the tech sceen makes the same.

This sounds very strange.

19. NarrativeKnight

Hope this works. I wanted to add a mod to the list. Toft's flag and religion icons (v. 1) for some reason disables the Your Culture tab on the Culture Overview window. Your first city does not show up. The second city does but it is the only one that ever shows up so you cannot do tourism at all or get cultural bonuses.

20. Socrat

Socrat Chieftain

greetings. I was testing Cbp (overhaul) togheter with Historical Spawn Dates,
    and I noted even if I state this not to be an assurance at all, it seemed to work.

Cpb worked well, and also the other civilization spawned, at right moment and degree; this civilization was allied to CS, so I think it could be fine exept for CS alliances, whose aid to spwan civs could be too great wich it means it is not blanced.

The mods worked fine however at this degree.