MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

hi guys. i am eager to try some of JFD and JanBorutas civ but dont want break balance. so if anyone has some experience with those well balanced for CBO, i will gladly try them. Personaly im interested for Bohemians(czech).

Future Worlds - extends the Information Era by adding near-future technologies, improvements, buildings and units - follow these instructions to make it work with CBP
It's seems not working with last mod version (Future Worlds v5). After picking "Distributed Computing" i get CTD. Can anyone help me?

What about Mods that add units like the Advanced Air-Ground-Naval units Mod ?? This Mod needs Whowards Dll Mod

What about Mods that add units like the Advanced Air-Ground-Naval units Mod ?? This Mod needs Whowards Dll Mod

Since both dll mods have the same id , it'd theoretically work but if you plan to add this to Vox Populi setup, it would be terribly unbalanced

Hi, i just made a workaround so future worlds tech can work with CBP. It's obviously not balanced as i barely touch any stats. This compatibility also need the "Future Tech Does Something Beyond Score Increasing Mod". All dependencies are:
CBP (Obviously)
Future Worlds
Future Tech Does Something Beyond Score Increasing Mod

Compatibility file:
Compatibility Mod

Just extract the compatibility mod and put it in the mod folder and activate it after CBP, FW and future tech mod. If there is any bug, please tell me and I'll try to fix it as soon as i can.

any chance you could update this for the current version and with JFD's rise of power/cities in developemnt?

Since both dll mods have the same id , it'd theoretically work but if you plan to add this to Vox Populi setup, it would be terribly unbalanced

i have tried Advanced air-navel-ground units with vox populi.it works but i got other issues,but cant say its because of this or anything else{city state AI related}

i agree it might not be balanced,but hey not all civilizations in history stood the "TEST OF TIME" ,as civilizations narrators put it,did they? Mayas , incas. where are they now? those who stood the test of time and ultimately became super powers,have their many unique military units,which may or maynot be equally powerful or 'balanced' against other civilizations armies.it gives realism and immersion into the game.so people enjoy it.
just my 2 cents

(mean question: do you know wich is rate to determine tech cost with cbp, based on pace and difficoulty; and wich is the "standard" thought for vox populi if there's one.

If you have emperor, tech of the match is quite always advanced compared to time in history since the AI has benefits and you follow 'em)

I have installed the CBP and it works fine in multiplayer hot seat mode that I use playing against my family members. I want to install some of JFD's compatible civilizations to play using CBP in multiplayer hot seat mode. Is this possible and if so, where do I install them to so that I can play them in the multiplayer hot seat mode?

Thanks for all your efforts. Note I am 77 years old and I am not a computer guru. So please take that into consideration when giving me an answer.

I have installed the CBP and it works fine in multiplayer hot seat mode that I use playing against my family members. I want to install some of JFD's compatible civilizations to play using CBP in multiplayer hot seat mode. Is this possible and if so, where do I install them to so that I can play them in the multiplayer hot seat mode?

Thanks for all your efforts. Note I am 77 years old and I am not a computer guru. So please take that into consideration when giving me an answer.

If you're using the modpack, then you can browse another modpack found here to your DLC folder in the same way the VP modpack is placed (don't know if they're updated so take them with the thought of having CTD's in mind). Or if you're using Custom Advanced Setup, just download from JFD's workshop and enable them and proceed to the setup. Have fun time playing :)

If I am understanding you correctly: When you state "If you are using the modpacK" you mean the modpack for the VP/Community Project and my answer is "yes" to that. When you state "then you can browse another modpack..." you mean one compatible with the VP/Community project such as another civilization. When you state "to your DLC folder in the same way the VP modpack is placed" you mean place the new mod into the DLC folder and extract the new mod to the DLC folder.

I really want to thank you for your quick response. I am a computer novice as you can tell from my need to get the clarifications above and your willingness to help and your courtesy are greatly appreciated. I can't thank you enough. If you have any recommendations for mods that are compatible with the VP mudpack, I would be interested.

Again, thanks!

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I've searched and could not find the info. On the Steam workshop there is a mod called "Community Patch Compatibility v14". I used this mod with the Sep 02 version of Vox Populi, and it did not seem to cause any problems. I've just started a new game without this mod, using the Sep 19 version of Vox Populi, and this new game also seems to work okay. My questions are: (1) Is this mod compatible with Vox Populi, and (2) exactly what is the mod supposed to do? Thanks in advance.

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I've searched and could not find the info. On the Steam workshop there is a mod called "Community Patch Compatibility v14". I used this mod with the Sep 02 version of Vox Populi, and it did not seem to cause any problems. I've just started a new game without this mod, using the Sep 19 version of Vox Populi, and this new game also seems to work okay. My questions are: (1) Is this mod compatible with Vox Populi, and (2) exactly what is the mod supposed to do? Thanks in advance.

That mod is not made by me, and I am not aware of it. I'd avoid it.

G

My questions are: (1) Is this mod compatible with Vox Populi, and (2) exactly what is the mod supposed to do? Thanks in advance.

It's by Enginseer so he does have balance in mind so if you want to know/provide feedback/submit bug reports/bug him, then this is the thread you're looking for. Essentially, it just makes some minimods to be compatible with VP

If what you mean what you installed is Iamblichos' multiplayer modpack, then yes, you're on track

EDIT: Forgot link, silly me :)

I've been using the Immigration mod with CBP for months now without any problems or hiccups, what is the problem for people who have used the mod?

I am using mods that add unique units and buildings to civs,like the 3uc and 4uc but those are used as each one of them individualy,not in a pack. Example i added the Foreign Legion.Cornak Stones,Polish Barbican,Uhlan unit only,you choose witch to add.. So you can add one at a time. Are such features compatible to the CBP or any mods that add units ?

I am using mods that add unique units and buildings to civs,like the 3uc and 4uc but those are used as each one of them individualy,not in a pack.

There is no universal reply to this ... or actually there is: It depends :)

I think the mods adding units will usually work technically unless they add some special abilities conflicting with CBP or unless they are assigned to a non-existent tech. However they might not be balanced with CBP unit strengths or they might end up in a wrong place in the tech tree. I think your best bet is to try them out one by one and adjust the unit stats in the XML / SQL files. Even if you are not familiar with modding, you can give it a try, these files are easy to read.

As for the buildings, I think Enginseer has a thread in the Mod-mod subforum with a component making several new buildings compatible.

Just pointing out here that the submod Just Ethnic Diversity for RED may cause CTD at map generation with the latest versions of VP. It happens all the time with the Communitas script. Use it at your own risks.

Have you guys seen that Gedemon is back, he's come up with "R.E.D. DLL for BNW (include Revolutions and Cultural Diffusion)" which has his Revolution and Cultural diffusion mod all together and less glitchy. Have you considered looking into compatibility for it?

Finally I bring my contribution to the thread.

-------------------------
Stable, balanced and great Mods but not listed in the "Compatible "out of the box" :

R.E.D. Modpack (v 27) + Reduced Unit Graphics (v 9)
The result is a ton of magnificent units that you can see. 3 models per units
Except a small issue with GM, all is fine and smooth with a 4Gb Main memory PC and a 1Gb GraphicCard

Units - Super Carrier (v 11)
Well used by AI. It should be a bit more expensive to build/upgrade to be perfect.

Global - Enable Magellan (v 10)
Bring an aditionnal challenge. But I'm not sure that AI is aware of it

UI - Map Pins (v 17)
So usefull. I didn't test it with EUI

---------------------------
Other compatible Mods but not balanced :

Buildings - Textile Mill (v 4)
Sheep, Cotton, Silk, Dyes and Furs become very attractive !

Units - Brigantine (v 1)
Well used by AI. Too much actually. When available, the sea is coated with Brigantines.

Global - 2 Units Per Fort (v 1) and Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1)
I didn't notice any problem with them. But break the logic/strategy of the game. AI needs miles of code to deal properly with it

Units - Herdsmen (v 12)
Fully compatible and powerfull but massively unbalanced since AI don't know how to use it

----------------------------
Used from time to time but i'm not 100% sure about compatibility
- Tell me what you think about

Units - Paratroop Enhancements (v 4)

Global - Capture Great People (v 1)

Global - City State Airbases (v 4)

Promotions - Jet Long Range Recon (v 3)

UI - Condensed Promotions (v 15)
I love this one but I have doubt especially with EUI

UI - Improved City Banner (v 7)
For those who doesn't use EUI

Last edited: