MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

I have always played with CBP, CEP and its predecessors, so I have always played without custom civs as I thought they might break the balance, but I will definetely try some of them soon, if they work with CBP.

Some of them are still functioning pretty weirdly, UUs that aren't scaled up to CPPlevel and some abilities that doesn't seem to work.

I think there is one civ that got a decision that gives you the entire liberty-tree(requiring renaissance era and a huge pile of gold), honestly a pretty sweet decision, made stronger by CPPs libertybuff and by the fact that the free liberty-tree counts for a point for ideology unlock :D

All on all the more people that actually test them out the easier it will be to gather information for JFD so he can make adjustments.

"Quiet Diplomacy" is listed as Compatible "out of the box", but according to it's Steam Workshop page, "This mod uses a custom DLL."

Hmmm, well spotted, the Steam description mentions DLL indeed, and if it contains DLL, it should not be compatible. I have been playing with something called "Quiet Diplomacy (v1)" for a couple of months now (last time I played was about 2 weeks ago, I think).

I had a quick look into its file structure now and it contains only 1 lua file, no dll. When I play I get only notifications instead of leader screens for (most) unimportant events (such as "You should not get too close with XY, otherwise we won't get along") for sure.

Maybe I am playing with an older version or a completely different mod with similar name, or maybe it is working partially. I will try to download the one from steam and see if it is the same thing (probably over the weekend). I have moved the mod to the incompatible list with a pending flag for now until it is clear if it works or not.

vyyt - thanks so much for this compatibility list! It is very helpful to break the compatibility down into the separate groups. This is such an amazing mod community!

Thank YOU very much for contributing to the lists, I only put them together ;)

Some of them are still functioning pretty weirdly, UUs that aren't scaled up to CPPlevel and some abilities that doesn't seem to work.

This is what I was afraid of. We might need to find some clever way to indicate which JFD's civs are ok, which are "broken" and which are playable, but imbalanced in CBP context. I think it would not be a good idea to list all JFD's civs 1 by 1. Luckily, clever me created a "dummy" post with "Leave a comment, blabla" after the 4 lists, so I can edit it and create a special list for JFD's civs only if it gets too complicated.

I think there is one civ that got a decision that gives you the entire liberty-tree(requiring renaissance era and a huge pile of gold), honestly a pretty sweet decision, made stronger by CPPs libertybuff and by the fact that the free liberty-tree counts for a point for ideology unlock :D

Which one? Tell me tell me tell me!!! :lol:

I don't know why Emigration considered not compatible. I just played a match with it and it worked perfectly fine.

I think Gazebo(?) mentioned somewhere that it was messing with CBP balance or something like that. I will search the forums, dig it up and extend the description.

Which one? Tell me tell me tell me!!! :lol:

I think it's Milan, but Milan is interestingly balanced out by a pretty bad UA, a mediocre UB and a broken UU, a Gatlinggun with 15 CS and RCS that can attack twice per turn.

Time for me to be less than helpful again and report that the custom civ The Cree from Colonialist Legacies doesn't work at all.
The UA is broken, the custom cities shows up, but no buffs are given to units trained in them.
The UB doesn't provide the food or experience per traderoute and only works like a normal caravansary (but it is available earlier).
The UU can't use its unique ability to consume horsetiles. So it only exists as a weaker longswords unit.

I am using these mods also without any problem:

Alt Gamespeed (v 5)

Thanks, I added most of them to the list.

However after reading the descriptions of the mods, I got the impression that some of them will cause imbalance issues in combination with CBP - e.g. the ones adding new buildings and new luxuries and bonuses to working luxuries. National Wonders also work in a different way in CBP now and there already are new mercenary units in CBP. Are you sure these work well with CBP??? Can you compare the game with and without them?

I value your input, I am just afraid that people might use this thread as an inspiration and start games with mods which will make their games imbalanced.

There are mods which crash the game with CBP and there are mods which change/add some features, but work well with CBP - these are easy. But then there are mods which technically work with CBP, but are not balanced with it at all. I am not sure what to do with these. Maybe I will create a new "play on your own responsibility and don't blame CBP" list for them.

You might add that Global - City States Gifts (v 4) is not (completely) compatible with CPP as both include CityStateDiploPopup.lua, CityStateDiploPopup.xml, CityStateGreetingPopup.lua and CityStateGreetingPopup.xml.

I haven't been able to find out how to make them compatible so far.

\Skodkim

I'm playing using JFD's civs now so will report what I find.

Just finished an ancient to modern game with the Vandals and they work fine with CPP. Also JFD fixed up Norway as an alternate leader so that they are compatible now too. 2 down!

I think creating this list is really important as JFD's civs add so much history and flavour I'd like to see as many as possible be compatible with CPP:).

I'm playing using JFD's civs now so will report what I find.

Just finished an ancient to modern game with the Vandals and they work fine with CPP. Also JFD fixed up Norway as an alternate leader so that they are compatible now too. 2 down!

I think creating this list is really important as JFD's civs add so much history and flavour I'd like to see as many as possible be compatible with CPP:).

There is a thread for JFD civ balance/issues in the leaders balance subforum if you encounter any problems. Not one-hundred percent sure he reads it, but it is still better to have everything in the same location.

I pay attention and make note; I just have a busy schedule and many civs to check updated, so i don't always address the issues straightaway - or very quickly :p But I'll look at Novgorod, certainly.

I pay attention and make note; I just have a busy schedule and many civs to check updated, so i don't always address the issues straightaway - or very quickly :p But I'll look at Novgorod, certainly.

It was not meant as a slight. I know that you're very busy that's why I mentioned that you might take longer to respond, if only to stop people from spamming the thread or getting pissed off at your neglect :D

Thanks, I added most of them to the list.

However after reading the descriptions of the mods, I got the impression that some of them will cause imbalance issues in combination with CBP - e.g. the ones adding new buildings and new luxuries and bonuses to working luxuries. ...

I am using these mods without any problem, until now.:dunno:

Top Bottom