MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Not sure if this is the right thread, but is there a patch between RED Modpack and CBP? Because CBP/VP adds a few new units, they don't get affected by RED. So sometimes there's units with completely mismatched sizes.

I've been playing with Leugi's Barbarian Immersion Enhancements out of the box with VP for months and haven't run into any issues. I think it can be considered fully compatible.

I've been playing with Leugi's Barbarian Immersion Enhancements out of the box with VP for months and haven't run into any issues. I think it can be considered fully compatible.

Even with promotions and upgrades on? Will try it out!

Yeah, Leugi's BIE works for me too, but I specifically use the one from Serp's Mutiplayer Modpack, since people claimed that one worked. Also I have been using Map Labels without any problem, as long as you stick to v4 it seems ok. It does however have an inconvenience of opening an options panel every time you leave the city screen, but I fixed it my copying a section from the v5 where that doesnt happen to the v4 config file. If anyone is interested on that fix let me know.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a solution to make the UI like it was in the Communitas mod, without the excess of the EUI (it's too much and too "tinkered" for my liking). Can I install Communitas Interface somehow (only the UI)?

There is a mod called Diplomacy Values that does part of what the Transparent Diplomacy option does, so could you add it to the incorporated section, please?

Artificial Unintelligence Lite is compatible with Vox Populi, I've used it with no real issue also from what I understand the lite version doesn't contain DLL

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum, so can someone please correct me if I've put this question in the wrong place. Is there any way a "lite" version of CP can be made that I can use Civ IV Diplomatic Features with? I greatly appreciate all the work that went into making the balance patch, but all the trappings aren't really my cup of tea at the moment. I just want the enhanced diplomacy of C4DF with the simple bug fixes of CP regular, but at the moment, C4DF seems to be attached exclusively to the balance patch. Is it too far out of the realm of convenience/possibility to just make a version where C4DF can be used with standard CP?

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum, so can someone please correct me if I've put this question in the wrong place. Is there any way a "lite" version of CP can be made that I can use Civ IV Diplomatic Features with? I greatly appreciate all the work that went into making the balance patch, but all the trappings aren't really my cup of tea at the moment. I just want the enhanced diplomacy of C4DF with the simple bug fixes of CP regular, but at the moment, C4DF seems to be attached exclusively to the balance patch. Is it too far out of the realm of convenience/possibility to just make a version where C4DF can be used with standard CP?
Just manually download the files you want to use. There is CP only and there is one for Civ IV Diplomatic Features for CP only.

The Mass Effect Civilizations do not work with this, whether separately or as the collection mod. Using the ME civs together with this game causes the city screen to break. Most notably, the production selection is broken, as none of the available buildings, units, etc. appear in the list and the select production button also does not open the city screen as usual. Instead, the button does nothing.

The Mass Effect Civilizations do not work with this, whether separately or as the collection mod. Using the ME civs together with this game causes the city screen to break. Most notably, the production selection is broken, as none of the available buildings, units, etc. appear in the list and the select production button also does not open the city screen as usual. Instead, the button does nothing.

I'd recommend looking through the lua for that mod and seeing if there is a lua file called like city view lua or something to that effect. I've had that happen with other mods and renaming or deleting that lua file usually fixes the issue.

Here is my list of "Must Have" mods that are fully compatible with Vox Populi (as far as I'm aware at least, no problems found):

3 Units per Tile
Caravans Build Roads
Era Settlers (v 1)
Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)
Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1)
Global - No Ocean Plundering (v 1)
UI - Diary (v 21)
UI - Improved City Banner (v 7)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Quick Turns (v 10)
RemoveBanLuxury (v 1)
Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v 2)
Wonder Race (v 7)
* Better AI Diplomacy - Vox Populi Edition (v 1) - * written by me but I haven't released it yet
* SMANs Omnibus Mod (v 1) - * I hate to mention this one since I heavily edit it and remove 1/3 of it that isn't compatible with Vox Populi - for expert modders ONLY

These mods plus Vox Populi make my game about perfect. I've found that most of the bigger mods and overhauls cause issues with Vox Populi and aren't worth the trouble.

I'm interested in other mods that may fit in well here that will improve my game further.

List of compatible mods here for the latest beta VP- (The same list i use for previous vp versions, no change) Hope for more mods compatible for multiplayer to compile as a modpack.
That is a pretty good list. I'll have to check some of those out. I notice you don't include mods like 'Faster Aircraft Animations', 'Quick Turns', and 'Era Settlers' which I won't play without. They make game turns faster and more enjoyable. One suggestion is that you have almost no documentation or information about your mod. No readme with basic installation instructions either. I had to zoom in on the picture of the mod folders in order to see what was actually included (very poor way to encourage others to use your mod).

That is a pretty good list. I'll have to check some of those out. I notice you don't include mods like 'Faster Aircraft Animations', 'Quick Turns', and 'Era Settlers' which I won't play without. They make game turns faster and more enjoyable. One suggestion is that you have almost no documentation or information about your mod. No readme with basic installation instructions either. I had to zoom in on the picture of the mod folders in order to see what was actually included (very poor way to encourage others to use your mod).
I'm sorry! I guess documentary, read me and information about the modpack is here. Quick turn is compatible with multiplayer, thus the lack of the latter in list. Would love to try out these other mods though. Thank you for your invaluable advice, will learn from past mistakes, thank you

Hello, I'm new here and decided to try out Vox Populi after watching a youtube video of someone playing the Incas (it looks amazing). Before now I loved playing MC's Scotland, though I always found it a bit overpowered for the base game. Would anyone happen to know if it is compatible as is with the full patch?

Hello, I'm new here and decided to try out Vox Populi after watching a youtube video of someone playing the Incas (it looks amazing). Before now I loved playing MC's Scotland, though I always found it a bit overpowered for the base game. Would anyone happen to know if it is compatible as is with the full patch?
It should work.

List of compatible mods here for the latest beta VP- (The same list i use for previous vp versions, no change) Hope for more mods compatible for multiplayer to compile as a modpack.
I tried most of the mods in your list:

Added
Barbarians Evolved (v 5)
Emigration (v 6)
Global - City Working Distance (v 7)
Global - Grateful Settlers (v 4)
Global - Religious Settlers (v 1)
No XP Cap from Barbarians (v 1)
UI - Religion Spread (v 13)
World Congress Reformation (v 5)

Undecided
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27) - I've tried this mod on and off for a while now. Overall I think it is good, however it makes foot soldiers/infantry hard to see (scaled too small) as they are hidden by some terrain features, resources, and improvements.
AnC-Flavors (v 10) - Another mod I've used on and off. This mod tends to make the AI navy crazy and build tons of naval units. I do like the fact that it tends to make the AI smarter and more challenging.
Easy Promotions (v 1) - I like the concept of more promotions to make the units more diverse. It does confuse the game at times on when promotions are actually earned. Sometimes the game will tell me a unit has a promotion when it doesn't.

Didn't like

Global - GA Happiness (v 1) - Makes Golden Ages occur too frequently in my opinion. I was in a Golden Age over 50% of the game with this mod enabled.

There were a few mods in your list that didn't interest me that I didn't try. Thank you for improving my game and mod list!

Here is the newest modpack i made, equipped with improved city view, and promotions icon. going to put newest beta for eui and vp i guess..
Keep in mind that the EUI version that comes with Vox Populi is a custom version of EUI with Vox Populi features integrated. If you replace the EUI version installed by Vox Populi with the latest non-VP EUI beta version you will lose some features (Vox Populi integration with EUI).

The author of EUI doesn't use Vox Populi and won't update the Vox Populi version of EUI. I've asked him several times if he would update it and he's ignored me everytime.

Top Bottom