MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Hi JFD,

If you will be reading this as it seems you do sometimes, then I would like to ask permission to add an old version of JFDLC (v55) to the archive (single file upload) linked to this thread here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...fds-rise-to-power.631286/page-3#post-15515884

I have made some small changes to fix crashes, but nothing major. This is simply for people who want to try Vox Populi (year old version) + old version of JFDLC plus some other mods.
Since the rest of the mods and CP (with CBO) are already part of different ModPacks, I am just asking your permission explicitly to do this. Also, it is not going to be Mod Pack, just a simple archive for the mods.

Thanks and regards

@Auramagma , I think it is better to also PM @JFD (or at least tag him here), he might miss your post easily.

Also, why the year old version of VP? The newer ones are difficult to make compatible?

Cheers!
It feels like I am missing the obvious, how do I tag the post? I can't PM @JFD for some reason, I wonder if he disabled that option for his account.

As for the version, I might try to add the newer one, but then I need to run file comparison and stuff, because I will need specific changes I've already made. Also, it is more than likely that I will need hunt through the code for the incompatible changes, i.e. last time I had to fix the top panel. Depends on the amount of time I will have.

There is bit that I also long wanted to try - integrate Hulfgar's MP to my install, taking only the last bit of the TechTree. I feel like Civ5 (or any Civ game to that matter) is lacking tension at the end of the game, introduction of Skynet would add that tension perfectly IMHO. For that I need to remove pretty much everything his mod has prior to Future epochs and then tie the loose ends.

Also, if Sukritact's edifices project would be ever finished, then Civ5 with JFDLC, VP and mods I've loaded (+ may be Hulfgar's pack) will have more features and stronger AI than Civ 6 :)

Fine by me. But I request just that you make it clear that the mod is depreciated and has been replaced with standalone releases of its constituent components. Thanks for asking.

Military Log by whoward69 is NOT compatible, but if anyone is interested in making it so, I'd be grateful.
I looked at it and the issue does not lie with the separate components but the CPP DLL, which does not recognize the CustomModOption "API_PLAYER_LOGS"...so you'd have to find out what whoward did in his DLL (I don't even know if he has the source publicly displayed somewhere) for that and then make a pull request on the CPP GitHub or write a feature request there and hope that someone else does it.

I looked at it and the issue does not lie with the separate components but the CPP DLL, which does not recognize the CustomModOption "API_PLAYER_LOGS"...so you'd have to find out what whoward did in his DLL (I don't even know if he has the source publicly displayed somewhere) for that and then make a pull request on the CPP GitHub or write a feature request there and hope that someone else does it.
https://github.com/whoward69/DLL-VMC

The guy that usually did the update of CP up to VMC version has... been on a hiatus.

I see; well, I cloned the repo and searched for "API_PLAYER_LOGS" and it gave me 127 hits, so quite a significant amount of tedium, mostly in CvDiplomacyAI.cpp, which has seen a lot of changes in CPP as well and would therefore have to be looked at entirely, along with some other huge files...way too much effort for a marginal mod like Military Log, at least for me.

@vyyt Hey, I've got some updates for your OPs:
  • Missiles No Supply in the "not compatible" section is now incorporated into VP.
  • For the Filters in Trade Route Overview mod in the "Compatible after tweaking some files" section it would be better to link to my latest update.
  • Promotion Flags EUI is listed in two sections...since the old version, linked in the "compatible out of the box" section, has many bugs and issues, it should not be listed anymore...best to just delete that item entirely in that section.
  • Promotion Tree should be moved to the "incorporated into VP" section and the caveats removed.
  • I think Trade Opportunities deserves to be mentioned.
Thanks!

• Promotion Tree is still listed separately...it should be removed and an entry placed in the "Incorporated into VP" section.
  • Faster Aircraft Animations is still listed separately as well, even though it's incorporated into VP now.

• Promotion Tree is still listed separately...it should be removed and an entry placed in the "Incorporated into VP" section.
  • Faster Aircraft Animations is still listed separately as well, even though it's incorporated into VP now.
Well spotted, updated, thanks!

I believe this statement needs to be update:
JFDLC / Rise to Power - a big package adding new features and game mechanics containing several originally separate components (Rise to Power + Cities in Development + Exploration Continued Expanded). May not be balanced, but should be technically compatible with VP (the compatibility / balance may change from time to time as both VP and JFDLC are still being developed)

JFDLC is not supported anymore. JFD is creating standalone mods which he has renames Rise to Power.

Do any city name randomizer mods work for this?
Very similar to picknmixmod version:
Code:
CREATE TABLE Civilization_CityNames_Temp AS SELECT *  FROM (    SELECT *    FROM Civilization_CityNames    ORDER BY rowid DESC  ) GROUP BY CivilizationType;
INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames_Temp SELECT DISTINCT *  FROM Civilization_CityNames  WHERE NOT EXISTS (    SELECT *      FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp      WHERE CityName = Civilization_CityNames.CityName  ) ORDER BY RANDOM();
DELETE FROM Civilization_CityNames; INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames SELECT * FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp ORDER BY rowid ASC; DROP TABLE Civilization_CityNames_Temp;

Last edited:
Top Bottom