MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Same here, I think I managed to slow some of the airplanes down one by one, but it did not work for some. Maybe I have to clear the cache (I don't want to do it mid game) or maybe I have a typo in a unit name somewhere. I'll post the code when I get to my computer.

If someone knows a general code working for all units l, please advise.
You feel that way too? That's great! Oh thank you so much! :) I'll take whatever code you've got for slowing them planes back down!

You feel that way too? That's great! Oh thank you so much! :) I'll take whatever code you've got for slowing them planes back down!
Yeah, they call us weird, but we know the good stuff :)

Sorry, I misremembered, the code should actually scale all air units, but it seems that it worked only on some units and only partially for me. I suspect that you may have to clear the cache first (which I do not want to do right now as I am in the middle of a game):

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 0.5*MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 0.5*TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 0.5*TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

VP currently doubles (or tripples???) the air units move rate, so the above code should halve it back to where it was. You can try lowering the numbers even more. Now, where to add the code: Either into a file which is loaded after VP makes the changes (I ran a quick search and did not find the file), but I think Balance Changes/Units/AirUnits.sql might work. But the safest and permanent solution (even after you update VP to a newer version) would be this mod-mod which is loaded after VP:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079/

Just add the code into its Code.sql

Edit:

I actually checked the speed numbers in a mod adding a new air unit (B-52), and maybe this code will work better:

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 2;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 0.15 WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 0.35 WHERE MoveRate > 0;

These are numbers for a "formation" of a single big B-52 bomber, so I am not sure how the turn rates will turn out for the formations of multiple small fighters, you have to try it out.

I'd try out the above code myself, but if I launch Civ now, I won't get my children to bed, so you are on your own for now :) Maybe I will try it after they fall asleep - if I wake up.

Yeah, they call us weird, but we know the good stuff :)

Sorry, I misremembered, the code should actually scale all air units, but it seems that it worked only on some units and only partially for me. I suspect that you may have to clear the cache first (which I do not want to do right now as I am in the middle of a game):

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 0.5*MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 0.5*TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 0.5*TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

VP currently doubles (or tripples???) the air units move rate, so the above code should halve it back to where it was. You can try lowering the numbers even more. Now, where to add the code: Either into a file which is loaded after VP makes the changes (I ran a quick search and did not find the file), but I think Balance Changes/Units/AirUnits.sql might work. But the safest and permanent solution (even after you update VP to a newer version) would be this mod-mod which is loaded after VP:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079/

Just add the code into its Code.sql

Edit:

I actually checked the speed numbers in a mod adding a new air unit (B-52), and maybe this code will work better:

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 2;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 0.15 WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 0.35 WHERE MoveRate > 0;

These are numbers for a "formation" of a single big B-52 bomber, so I am not sure how the turn rates will turn out for the formations of multiple small fighters, you have to try it out.

I'd try out the above code myself, but if I launch Civ now, I won't get my children to bed, so you are on your own for now :) Maybe I will try it after they fall asleep - if I wake up.
Heeheehee I know what you mean about launching Civ! When I do that I disappear for days. I hope everyone got off to sleep okay. :) Thank you so much for yer code! I had my comp search for "TurnRateMin" within VP files and it found "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Values\FasterAircraft.sql" which has inside only:

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 3*MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 3*TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 3*TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

You were right about VP tripling air speed! Would aircraft become slow again if we just delete these lines?

You know, I could never get Change VP Options Mod to work for me. I saw they updated but didn't bother trying again since VP has removed almost every Advanced Game Option. Allow Human Vassalage, Barbarian GG/GA Points, Enable Events System, No Bad Events, No Tech Brokering, Randomized Victories, and Transparent Diplomacy all gone. :( And I haven't a clue how to get them back.

But you're saying I can delete their code and then anything I put in there will overwrite VP? I've only "made" like two mods. One still requires I delete code within another mod, and the other has a bug I dunno how to fix :(. I've only piggybacked unrelated new code into existing mods like four times. But one was a new unit promotion that just barely works, and my attempt at a levitating supercarrier named Daedalus that transports GDR mecha never worked. Usually I only know how to change code in mods and base game files by copying over their code with code I want there instead. Text changes and Worker speed type stuffs.

I keep a Changes Journal that lists all code changes I make. I search for updates on all mods I use only once a year (during November, that's why I'm here now!), then with that journal's help I manually redo those changes, which takes tons of time because I make so many changes! (I like change names and descriptions of all Freedom Tenets and World Congress Projects, for example). I'd love if I could just put every change into Change VP Options Mod once and never need to do that again! But I don't know the commands that tell Civ 5 which Table or Column or whatever I wanna change or even that I wanna change anything. Like, for SQL changes, do I just type "UPDATE" in front of stuff I wanna change and that's all? So:

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 3/MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 3/TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 3/TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

Would that work inside VP Options Mod? I don't know anything about programming, I sort of just guess how stuff works, so I'm wondering:

Code:
DELETE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 3*MoveRate;
DELETE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 3*TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
DELETE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 3*TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

Would that work inside VP Options Mod?

Good evening,

Wondering if anyone's able to identify a problem i have with NO NUKES mod. It started once i updated CBP/VP to newest version (don't know the previous version, back when pentagon was still -33 % upgrade cost type), using a mod that blocked building a Manhattan Project and nukes now crashes the game when trying to load. Blocking just atomic bomb/ nuclear missile caused game to crash late game immediately when MP was finished in any city.

Code as follows:
Code:
<GameData>
    <Projects>
        <Delete Type="PROJECT_MANHATTAN_PROJECT"/>
    </Projects>
    <Units>
        <Delete Type="UNIT_ATOMIC_BOMB"/>
        <Delete Type="UNIT_NUCLEAR_MISSILE"/>
    </Units>
    <UnitClasses>
        <Delete Type="UNITCLASS_ATOMIC_BOMB"/>
        <Delete Type="UNITCLASS_NUCLEAR_MISSILE"/>
    </UnitClasses>
    <Unit_AITypes>
        <Delete UnitType="UNIT_ATOMIC_BOMB"/>
        <Delete UnitType="UNIT_NUCLEAR_MISSILE"/>
    </Unit_AITypes>
    <Unit_FreePromotions>
    </Unit_FreePromotions>
    <Unit_Flavors>
    </Unit_Flavors>
    <Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements>
    </Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements>
    <UnitGameplay2DScripts>
    </UnitGameplay2DScripts>
</GameData>

Can anyone advice on what may be missing?

Last edited:
You probably don't want to delete units and buildings from the game. There are other stuff that refer to them in the code. A better way would be to remove those from techs, making them inaccessible.

Hey, to make this all easy i've made a package of all future world files i've found for VOX 5.10.7 including yours. Also tweaked some variables in your xml and sql files to match latest VOX Populi version (techcostschanges, units, promotions)

Description:

Code:
I'm not mod author of these files, just tweaked them a little bit and made a single pack of needed files to make this mod playable with VOX.

Original file authors:

TimurB - Future Perfection v3
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/future-perfection.626134/

Nexmury - Future Worlds Compatibility fix
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mods-compatible-with-community-balance-patch-cbp.542679/page-45#post-15797773

What this do:

Makes VOX 5.10.7 compatibile with Future Worlds. XML and SQL variables from original compatibility fix by Nexmury have been changed to match these from VOX 5.10.7 version (Techcosts, units promotions etc).
Everything what is needed except Future Worlds is included in this .zip file.
I've tested it for a little while, everything seems to be working

Installation:

1. Install original Future Worlds from steam workshop or from civfanatics forum.
2. Extract Future Perfection (v 3).zip to your civilization 5 mod folder like my games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS
3. Extract FW compatibility fix.zip to temporary folder
4. Now repeat steps described by Nexmury in FW compatiblity fix/READ_ME.txt
5. Play game, enable Future Worlds and Future Perfection and you are done!
Nice! I would've done that myself, but I don't know much about XML/SQL, so I just left it alone just in case I somehow messed up things.

Anyways, thanks for doing that man.

You know, I could never get Change VP Options Mod to work for me. I saw they updated but didn't bother trying again since VP has removed almost every Advanced Game Option. Allow Human Vassalage, Barbarian GG/GA Points, Enable Events System, No Bad Events, No Tech Brokering, Randomized Victories, and Transparent Diplomacy all gone. :( And I haven't a clue how to get them back.

I use "Really Advanced Setup v.15" and these bolded options definitely work for me still.

Sorry for the late response! I hope you made it work and your planes are parading the skies beautifully slowly for everyone to see :)

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 3*MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 3*TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 3*TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

You were right about VP tripling air speed! Would aircraft become slow again if we just delete these lines?
Good catch! I thought they'd be in the CBO part, not CP. Yes, if you delete these lines, the values will revert to vanilla.

But you're saying I can delete their code and then anything I put in there will overwrite VP? ... I keep a Changes Journal that lists all code changes I make.
Oh, if you make several changes, then Change VP Options Mod is a must for you! If it did not work for you before, you probably had an error in the code. I suggest adding them bit by bit. If you have a syntax error somewhere, no following code in the file will be executed. Another important thing is that if, as you say, you want to alter some values related to non-VP mods, you have to make sure that Change VP Options Mod loads after the said mods. You need to edit the (Z) Change CP Options (v.1).modinfo and add the related mod to the <Dependencies> section (I just checked mine and realized I was adding them to the <References> section - probably either will work). For example, I tweak the Enhanced Warfare too, so I add this line:

Code:
<Mod id="675ba5ec-dc5a-400f-9864-8170568d04e5" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1.5)" />
(copy the id and title from the .modinfo file of the related mod)

Like, for SQL changes, do I just type "UPDATE" in front of stuff I wanna change and that's all? So:
Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 3/MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 3/TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 3/TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;

Actually no, you have the order switched, it should be MoveRate/3 :) Then it should work as intended.

But in the case that you are adding extra airplanes (via extra mod), this would revert the vanilla planes back to their normal speed, but slow down new planes 3x, as they are loaded after VP (so they had not been sped up by VP in the first place).

Basically, in general, you UPDATE existing values, if you want to add a promotion to a unit, you INSERT INTO. I think you can learn a lot by dissecting the code in Enhanced Naval Warfare (and of course VP itself) or you can ask here. You will also find the names of the most common / interesting tables and columns there. If you want to have a complete list, you can install SQLiteSpy (it is a free utility). Just run a search for usage instructions here on CivFanatics. Gotta run now.

Any possibility for compatibility with "Units - No Futuristic Units" by BlouBlou? There seems to be no issues with removing GDR, but removing XCOM Squad prevents Paratroopers from upgrading to Special Forces and also prevents Special Forces from being built at all.

Sorry for the late response! I hope you made it work and your planes are parading the skies beautifully slowly for everyone to see :)
Yes! Deleting those lines worked! Planes look beautiful again! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

I'm gonna try getting Change VP Options Mod to work for me again. I think my problem last time was that not every Advanced Option was in there and my efforts at adding those missing ones failed. Oh cool, I make changes to Enhanced Naval Warfare too! And I just learned about References, so I think I could do that. Do I just copy and paste my changed lines from say VP into Change VP Options and that will work? With SQL, XML, and LUA? Do I copy whole code chunks instead of just those parts I changed? Would that also work with base game files? (I change those too). Do you wanna see my file when I'm finished? That might take a while, will you still be around?

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = MoveRate/3;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate/3 > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate/3 > 0;
So putting that into Change VP Options would work (so long as another mod isn't adding new planes, and after I put back those lines I deleted back into VP)?

Thank you for letting me know about SQLiteSpy, I'll check that out.

Civ Names By Policies is a bit bugged with VP now. It disables the possibility of allocating spies as thieves and borks up the city potential list.
The amount of flavour the mod adds is so good. Shame to see it having issues.
Would love to see someone fix it for VP! :hug:

Is it possible to activate Hitler and Stalin and other additional civilization mods with community patch ?

Is it possible to activate Hitler and Stalin and other additional civilization mods with community patch ?
You haven't specified which exact civ mods you're talking about, but if these 2 work with vanilla Civ5, they should work with CP too.

I am only using the Community Patch which basically only changes the AI, some bug fixes, various gameplay changes etc. and the Global - City Bombard Range (v 2) mod is supposedly included within the Community Patch but it doesn't seem to work for me. I searched within the folder files to find anything related to the Global - City Bombard Range (v 2) mod and have found nothing. Anyone can assist?

- Faster aircraft animations appears in the compatible mods, and in the includded mods. Some clarification may be needed.

Top Bottom