MODs compatible with Community Balance Patch (CBP)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by vyyt, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

2. Polders

Polders Chieftain

3. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Thanks Polders, I have updated the incompatible mods list.

Seems either nobody knows or nobody has bothered to reply, so it will be up to you 2 guys, try them out ;)

Please report back if you have any news, and I will update the mod lists accordingly.
    Thanks!

4. TermiX

TermiX Chieftain

Pontoon Bridge mod works fine with CPP if you delete all promotion options in it's XMLs. This mod is essential for those who likes Communitas maps, because there are many broad (1 tile) rivers on them.

Also there is a useful hint how to get railroads over pontoon bridges. Basically, when you create a PB, you get a road connection and can not use workers to improve it. But National Wonder Collection mod contains Central Terminal wonder, which instantly upgrades all roads into railroads within your cultural borders. That works for PBs as well.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

As of the latest version, Piety is now compatible with CBP (as far as I can tell), so long as the 'JFD_PIETY_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH' option is set to 1 in the (My Games/MODS/Sid Meier's Civilization V/JFD's Piety (vX)/JFD_Piety_UserSettings.sql file.

Please direct any concerns (including balance) relating to CBP and Piety to my thread and I'll endeavour to work on making Piety more compatible.

6. Polders

Polders Chieftain

This mod also isn't compatible with Artificial Unintelligence Lite.

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Doesn't need to be. Does everything that mod does and more.

G

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

JFD, TermiX, Polders, thanks for your reports. I have updated the lists accordingly.

9. Xaragas

Xaragas Chieftain

First off - great updates to the game.

After seeing JFD's workaround to get Piety working with EUI, I decided to look at Health and Plague to see if it would work.

Same issue - H&P has its own top panel, so there's a conflict. H&P also has its own city view which is conflicting with EUI too.

By renaming both of EUI's CityView and TopPanel folders to add an underscore "_" to the front of the folder names, H&P appears to be working correctly with EUI. You lose EUI's city view and top panel, but everything else appears to be working

p.s. I haven't posted for a long time, and rarely at that. Lost my login info and no longer have that email address.

10. Opera

Opera Deity

How well does CBP play with H&P? Is it fun, more challenging, etc.?

11. Xaragas

Xaragas Chieftain

Just started trying it out today. Hadn't tried CBP with H&P because I didn't want to lose EUI.

Will keep play testing and see how well it works.

12. predator64

predator64 Chieftain

Hi there,
    Would like to report some of the whoward69 PNM mods didn't worked out as expected :

Global - Great Work Research - Your Culture screen is completely disabled - cannot swap works between your own cities
    Global - Great Work Vaults - same as above
    Global - Palace Extra Great Work - same as above
    Building - Guild Great Work Displays - same as above
    UI - National Wonder Splash Screen - Crashed to desktop upon starting a new game.

13. Gazebo

Four of those are going to clash with the Culture Overview lua of CBP (CBP adds more great works buildings than vanilla BNW, so there wasn't enough room in the culture overview panel).

G

14. Polders

Polders Chieftain

15. Xaragas

Xaragas Chieftain

Update to my earlier post re health and plague with EUI. Everything seems to be going great. H&P adds a small layer of complexity in that you need to watch your cities health and make sure it doesn't drop too low.

I've also made some changes to the top panel by copying code from other sources. It's still a WIP

Spoiler :

The changed top panel also works with JFD's Piety mod. I had to make a small change to his mod though to get the next technology to show up.

I'm also running WHoward's summaries as the code I copied from other sources isn't correct:

The great person progress is showing up as 17/150. Should be 34/300 for a great prophet.​
    The tool tip for luxuries (not shown in picture) is wrong. I traded for a luxury and it was listed that I was exporting it.​

16. Motomiya Nagisa

Motomiya Nagisa Chieftain

17. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Broken link.

18. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

19. Gazebo

20. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

I like the CBP promos better than BlouBlou's myself.