MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

I PM'd the guy who makes Really Advanced Setup http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=486324. He said he is busy with other projects and isn't into updating the thing. I asked him if we could have permission to take it and use it. Does anyone like the idea of having a Really Advanced setup screen that works properly with current features?

I'm going to look into it's workings. Hopefully I get permission to share my findings.

Does anyone like the idea of having a Really Advanced setup screen that works properly with current features?

Would you be more specific about this? As far as I know RAS works fine with CBP for most people. Few of us (yes, including me) have a problem when adding extra civs in the game, but I found a workaround, which is linked from the compatibility list.

Is there anything else broken which needs fixing or are you talking about the extra civ thing?

Thanks

• It'd be great to have the panels in an order that made more sense for game setup, game, map, player.. that's just a visual thing.
  • It'd be great to have a unit list without changing to custom units : settler, warrior
  • I'd like to have starting bias listed on the player list when you have a leader in a slot.
  • I'd like to have personality listed on the player list when you have a leader in a slot.
  • It'd be cool to be able to give techs rather than a # of free techs.
  • It'd be awesome to have an option in the add terrain>random to make it appear on continets and not the sea/ or in the sea and not continents.. ( like a flat word with oceans full of mountain{very cool for naval battles LOS is exciting... other ideas.. )
  • I'd love an adjustable amount of goody huts.
  • I'd love an adjustable amount of barbarian camps.
  • It would be cool to be able to add rivers.
  • I would like to be able to add features to only one continent.
  • I would like to be able to add resources to only one continent.
  • I would like to be able to add terrain to only one continent.
  • I would like to have an option for a player to start on a specified continent.
  • I also was thinking that maybe I could have a player start with a monopoly of a certain resource within a certain range.
  • Maybe have a certain resource only spawn on a certain continent.
  • The option to remove all of a resource ( replace with a specific resource, or a random resource not removed)
  • The option to remove all of a feature ( replace with a specific feature, or a random feature not removed)
  • The option to remove all of a terrain tile ( replace with a specific terrain tile, or a random terrain tile not removed)..... there are limits to what is feasible with this one... but maybe remove all coasts and replace with desert would be fun.
  • The option to add improvements (with the ignore rules check box also).

I am trying to learn these thing for myself. If I have any success I will share.

I was wondering if these two mods were compatible:
Bridges and Canals http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265074588

Advanced Air, Ground, and Naval Units http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464817218

This is the rest of my mod list if it matters.

Community Patch
Community Balance Patch
More Luxuries
EUI
Events and Decisions

Trading Posts Grow Into Towns http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317297250
Info Addict
Cultural Diversity http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521664
Quick Turns
Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160
Fortress Borders http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=178571997

The Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements mod by Leugi has an issue with CP (And CBP) . Aside from the crashing that happens due to the barbarians changing their name depending on the era, the barbarian camps would also continually pump out great generals at an alarming rate.
All while using the bare minimum amount of mods.
Perhaps this is happening because of the incorporation of No More Civilian Traffic Jams (NMCTJ) into CBP?

Well, I was trying to make some screens of a custom game setup, which i have done before, because I was talking about it on another thread. It involved the Really Advanced Setup mod, which works perfectly well.. for what it does, in most respects. But now it gives me a CTD on any custom unit list.

The Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements mod by Leugi has an issue with CP (And CBP) . Aside from the crashing that happens due to the barbarians changing their name depending on the era, the barbarian camps would also continually pump out great generals at an alarming rate.
All while using the bare minimum amount of mods.
Perhaps this is happening because of the incorporation of No More Civilian Traffic Jams (NMCTJ) into CBP?

If you turn off the barbarian name change and barbarian promotions in the settings file, the mod seems to work.

Also, if you edit the BarbarianGGScripts.lua file to change the random from 40, the general appear less frequently. 100 seams to be much better.

Not sure - tried it, but was getting a crash from something. Trying to track it down, but it might be a different mod that is causing the conflict.

Needed to disable the barbarian healing in Community Balance Patch otherwise it becomes too tough. Barbarians recover 10 HP with this mod simply from being in a camp or barbarian territory. Barbarians also healing 10 HP from CBP makes it really tough. And if you are also using Barbarian Immersion, 45 HPs per round with the barbarian generals makes it almost impossible.

UI EditUnitNames - Right-click any of your units any time to rename it

This mod takes away my unit panel when I am using all with EUI.

Once I disable the mod, my unit panel returns.

UI EditUnitNames - Right-click any of your units any time to rename it

This mod takes away my unit panel when I am using all with EUI.

Once I disable the mod, my unit panel returns.

I'm 98% sure this feature is already included with EUI.

I've been playing with Barbarian Lands for nearly 300 turns now, and no problems to be seen. Running all the Community mods. Really can't see myself playing without the Barbarian Lands mod anymore, when barbs can take cities, it really ups the ante with them :)

I have noticed an issue with the recent version of CBP and JFD's Piety and Prestige. P&P appears to override and remove the Sailing tech, replacing it with Priesthood.

I also have a small problem with CBP and JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded. ExCE includes restrictions for entering Jungles until Optics is researched. However, CBP appears to have removed Optics, which confuses me as to whether this restriction is a permanent one.

I have noticed an issue with the recent version of CBP and JFD's Piety and Prestige. P&P appears to override and remove the Sailing tech, replacing it with Priesthood.

I also have a small problem with CBP and JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded. ExCE includes restrictions for entering Jungles until Optics is researched. However, CBP appears to have removed Optics, which confuses me as to whether this restriction is a permanent one.

It's just that Priesthood happens to be on the exact same spot as Sailing, not that it removes it. But that's why you need to turn on CBP support in the MODS/JFD's Piety & Prestige/JFD_Piety_UserSettings.sql file, which will remove Priesthood entirely.

I'll look at having the prereq switching to the CBP equivalent of Optics.

Thanks for the prompt reply JFD. I have tried enabling the function for CBP in the SQL file, but it didn't remove Priesthood for me. Priesthood remained, but all the other features were removed. Only "convert production into faith" was available. Was I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I tried again by downloading the version from the Dropbox link and it worked! I was previously using the Steam version. No idea why this was so.

Because it was Steam :D. You may also remove/disable CBP changes/"balance" to religion at all. I dunno what will happen with Priesthood then.

I originally posted this in the Bug reports-thread, but here is probably a more suitable place:
----------------------------------------------
I think this is a bug. This is the first time I installed the Community Patch.

Problem:
Using the Community Patch of 1-7 and a four of JFD's civs, among which Bohemia. Nothing else. Playing a random leader (the Dutch).

In the Culture overview screen I see "Prague Castle Great Work".
Bohemia doesn't have a "Prague Castle", but I suspect it might have in the events/decisions-info?
I don't have the events/decisions-mod installed (and never have). And Prague castle isn't supposed to be there, I think?

I also tried with more of JFD's civs and one building in the culture overview screen was more messed up, amongst which "shipwreck". Haven't got a clue which civ that could be, Prague Castle was easier to find out.

With no custom civs there's no Prague Castle and it works as it's supposed to.

I don't know if the problem is in the dynamic culture screen-code or in the data of JFD's civilizations.

JFD, any ideas why this would happen?

Thank you guys for the reports, I updated the lists accordingly.

I'm 98% sure this feature is already included with EUI.

Would you (or anyone else) confirm this is 100%? I do not play with EUI and I will not have time to test it out for a while.

Quick question regarding the Pontoon Bridge mod. I've seen where someone said to delete all promotion options in the XMLs in order to get it working properly, but how do I go about doing this? I'm not familiar with editing XML files. The only XML I see mentioning promotions is the one in the Unit folder. Can I just delete this 'Pontoon Bridge Promotions Mod' XML file? Or do I have to delete some text inside it?

Quick question regarding the Pontoon Bridge mod. I've seen where someone said to delete all promotion options in the XMLs in order to get it working properly, but how do I go about doing this? I'm not familiar with editing XML files. The only XML I see mentioning promotions is the one in the Unit folder. Can I just delete this 'Pontoon Bridge Promotions Mod' XML file? Or do I have to delete some text inside it?

You shouldn't need to delete promotions anymore. I fixed that issue.

G

Top Bottom