Mods for iOS

Redemption951

Chieftain
I’ve seen it mentioned that people have managed to get mods on their iOS version. How can I do this? I’d like to get better maps on my iPad and some other tweaks. Thanks!

I think you need to download them to a PC/Mac and then copy them over using iTunes.

U will need something like IExplorer to be able to transfer them to ur iPad or even ITunes
Take into consideration that the graphical or 3 D art mods won’t work
As for the non graphical mods they should work

Thanks everyone for the replies. I downloaded an iExplorer, however, i can seem to find a master file for CIV VI. I can find one for IV and V where I can see folders for mods and so forth but the only thing I see for VI is the short cut to start the game. Any idea where I'd find the master file? Running on a Mac since my PC died. I've tried searching and nothing. Thanks!

Does anybody know about the platform files naming in iPadOS now? I just returned to the mobile game, before iPadOS you had to create an additional platform file for the BLP's called iOS, is that different now?

It’s still the same, you need iOS folder and BLPs copied there. Or you can rename MacOS folder as iOS and replace all MacOS references to iOS in .modinfo file if you want to save space on your ipad.

It’s still the same, you need iOS folder and BLPs copied there. Or you can rename MacOS folder as iOS and replace all MacOS references to iOS in .modinfo file if you want to save space on your ipad.
Cool that's good to know thanks. I hate catching up with the latest. Do you know if there are still issues with the unit mods like MOAR or Steel and Thunder causing graphical artifacts? Also CQUI, is there a compatible version of that for the iPad?

Cool that's good to know thanks. I hate catching up with the latest. Do you know if there are still issues with the unit mods like MOAR or Steel and Thunder causing graphical artifacts? Also CQUI, is there a compatible version of that for the iPad?

Steel and Thunder Unit Expansion doesn’t work
Basically any mod that has to do with Graphics or UI won’t Work
The mods that works for me are Real Tech Tree and Combat and Stacking Overhaul

Steel and Thunder Unit Expansion doesn’t work
Basically any mod that has to do with Graphics or UI won’t Work
The mods that works for me are Real Tech Tree and Combat and Stacking Overhaul
Interesting, I was wondering if somebody had fixed that. When I tried before I could get most of MOAR working, a couple of them just had graphical glitches that broke it... thanks!

New mods i've tried are Zee's properly timed eras, Simple unit balance by sostratus, Real Balanced Pantheons, Better Aqueduct, Gold resource (requires Australia DLC) and Ancient policies which all seem to work. These coupled with R&F and GS exapansions have really turned CIV 6 an enjoyment which it that much wasn't at vanilla release. Older mods already mentioned elsewhere that I use are Settlers retreat and Rhinos City state balance.

Hello all,
Just thought it was time to update the mods I’m running to give those that haven’t installed mods or only a few of them an idea of what is possible. Have all the DLC including RF and GS. These are all running at the same time and no errors/problems that I can see. What a game on the iPad Pro!... runs like a champ and quick.

City roads
Tsunami waves
Real strategy
Deep sea fisheries
Rebalanced climate
CivG
Zee’s properly times ages
Colorized moments
Earlier oil
Resource producing buildings
Military engr free roads
Satellites
Gold resource
Real tech tree
Real building upgrades
Goody huts
Great general loyalty

That is it for now, many more yet to try when I get the time.

How do you load a game (like GOTM) from iCloud Drive? I made a folder on my iPad called Civ but can’t see it or launch the saved game from the app.

Hello all,
Just thought it was time to update the mods I’m running to give those that haven’t installed mods or only a few of them an idea of what is possible. Have all the DLC including RF and GS. These are all running at the same time and no errors/problems that I can see. What a game on the iPad Pro!... runs like a champ and quick.

City roads
Tsunami waves
Real strategy
Deep sea fisheries
Rebalanced climate
CivG
Zee’s properly times ages
Colorized moments
Earlier oil
Resource producing buildings
Military engr free roads
Satellites
Gold resource
Real tech tree
Real building upgrades
Goody huts
Great general loyalty

That is it for now, many more yet to try when I get the time.

This is brilliant, thanks for this list. There doens't seem to be many people experimenting with mods on the ipad.

Have you tried any more mods since this post?

Last edited:
I’ve not had a chance, been very busy. However when I do get a chance I’ll try Vibrant Waters first.

Daan, you asked this elsewhere but I’ve been using Real Strategy (AI) version 1.51 seemingly without problems. 1.4 version was recommended for iOS when no expansions were available for iOS and some coding elements were added to game in either one of the exp.

Daan, you asked this elsewhere but I’ve been using Real Strategy (AI) version 1.51 seemingly without problems. 1.4 version was recommended for iOS when no expansions were available for iOS and some coding elements were added to game in either one of the exp.

Hey, thanks for replying! Yeah, I have run a couple of games with it and it seems to work OK as well, which is nice! Really enjoying a (slightly) modded iPad Civ experience.

Top Bottom