Mods, Macs and Steam

I've been searching all over, and perhaps my search-fu is lacking, but I can't seem how to enable mods for Civ VI on Mac with Steam. Is this possible? Have I bought the wrong version? A solution would be the best Christmas present ever.

Thanks,
chris

As far as I know they are enabled. You just have to put the extracted mod folder into the correct location on your hard drive. If I recall correctly, that's the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier Civilization VI/Mods/

You can access the hidden ~/Library/ folder in the Finder by holding down the Alt key while selecting the Go menu, then selecting Library.

The question was previously asked and answered here

That worked perfectly, thank you. I was just looking for "Civilization VI" not "Sid Meier's Civilization VI." Sigh. Branding. But thank you! It's a Christmas miracle!

Dredging up an old thread rather than start a new one... found this folder (again) but I'm also in need of where the stuff is stored for mods subscribed to off the steam workshop. I need to comment out a line or two of a mod (author told me which lines for what I want) but I can't find the file. The spolight search did not work.

Steam Workshop mods should end up in the same folder as listed above in my previous post

Nope, not there. The only files there are the ones I added. And all four do show up in the right spot in the game, but all the steam ones (also in the game) are not in that location.

I did find a ...application support->steam->steamapps->workshop but couldn't find anything in there that I could identify as mod files.

Can't speak to Mac file structure, but in Windows that steamapps/workshop folder contains a "content" folder that contains one or more numbered folders, each corresponding to a game for which you downloaded mods and containing more numbered folders, each containing a single zip file. If you open those zip files, there are the mod files.

Dredging up an old thread rather than start a new one... found this folder (again) but I'm also in need of where the stuff is stored for mods subscribed to off the steam workshop. I need to comment out a line or two of a mod (author told me which lines for what I want) but I can't find the file. The spolight search did not work.
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/28070

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/28070
mine was 289070 and inside were a WHOLE lot of folders with number strings as names, and as it turns out, each one is a downloaded mod. Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can rename those folders with the name of the mod without breaking anything?

mine was 289070 and inside were a WHOLE lot of folders with number strings as names, and as it turns out, each one is a downloaded mod. Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can rename those folders with the name of the mod without breaking anything?
Never tried, I just either write it down somewhere, or just guess

Top Bottom