MODs not working

LeGrandMogol

Chieftain
I can not get any of the MODs I download to work. I made my own MOD file since there wasn't one, then I unzipped the Mods (Age of Discovery, Age of Further Discovery, age of reason, etc.) then I go into the advance menu and load it, pick my options but when it goes to start playing, it always crashes. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

I can not get any of the MODs I download to work. I made my own MOD file since there wasn't one, then I unzipped the Mods (Age of Discovery, Age of Further Discovery, age of reason, etc.) then I go into the advance menu and load it, pick my options but when it goes to start playing, it always crashes. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

Have you manually installed the patch??
Sometime the in game updater doesn't work well

that did the trick. It's playing perfect. Thanks a million.:goodjob:

I had a similar problem, but literally nothing happens. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't alter the game. I have patched the game, btw. On that note, my computer always tells me upon either loading a mod or quitting the game (just the vanilla Colonization, not a mod) that Civilization 4 Colonization dejó de responder (as my computer put it). For non-Spanish speakers, that's Civilization 4 Colonization stopped responding. What do I do there? When I quit, I don't know if it's crashing or if it's quitting. When I load a mod, the mod still loads, the game doesn't quit entirely. Any help?

I had a similar problem, but literally nothing happens. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't alter the game. I have patched the game, btw:cry::mad:

Where are you installing the mods to? You should create a Mods folder inside of Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization, inside of Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games (or wherever your default Colonization path in Program Files is), and then install them there.

i maded a mod folder in the main program. the mods are coming up in the advance menu. I load it the mod don't work. :sad:

My mods folder exists in My Games/Civilization IV Colonization/MODS and Firaxis Games/Civilization IV Colonization/Mods

Only use the "Firaxis Games" Mods folder, never the "My Games" one. Too many people have problems using the my games one. :)

I changed it, as per your advice. That fixed it. :D

that did the trick. It's playing perfect. Thanks a million.:goodjob:

Excuse me but what solved your problem? Did you manually install or did you not? I appear to have the same problem.

I first manually copied the files from "AoD2_1.12" zip to a newly created Mod directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods" and then manually copied the update over it but it doesn't work. It loads, I can then pick preferences, but then the program shuts down while loading the map.

Excuse me but what solved your problem? Did you manually install or did you not? I appear to have the same problem.

I first manually copied the files from "AoD2_1.12" zip to a newly created Mod directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods" and then manually copied the update over it but it doesn't work. It loads, I can then pick preferences, but then the program shuts down while loading the map.

...what I did not do is load the patch "Colonization Patch v1.01f". Installing it solved the problem ;-)

Hi guys;

I have updated my vers of Colonization to 1.1 manually installing the patch and yet; although the mods appear in the list, they will still not load or affect gameplay. Please help!

I am having a similar problem trying to load AoD2.

I installed the vanilla patch 1.01f manually. It says that it is installed. When I click the "About this build" in game, though, it shows up as 1.0.0.0.

When I try to run AoD2, it crashes to desktop after it begins to build the world. Any idea what's causing this/how to fix this?

Top Bottom