1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods & savegames: They don't work after the patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mattpilot, Oct 25, 2010.

1. mattpilot

mattpilot Warlord

Ya know... spending hours on a single game, saving it with the idea of continuing it on the next day, you'd expect it to work, right?

Well i can't seem to continue my savegame with the mods i started the game with. The savegame loads, but with vanilla settings! I can reload this hudnreds of times (and yes, i'm loading it through Mods -> singleplayer -> savegame), always vanilla settings. I found an old autosave that OCCASIONALLY (lol i don't know how) loads with the mods 'working', so i play that for abit and do a 'testsave' - reload it, and guess what .... mods ain't working >:C. I go to reload the old autosave and guess what... its not working this time. >:C

I can't be arsed to play vanilla civ5... need fix for these mods. Only thing good civ ever had! Mod browser is shat too since it only works for 10 secs at a time for me.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i' srsly a sad panda right now.

Moderator Action: In the future, please try to explain yourself in a less profane manner, thanks. :)
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. Ighten

Ighten Chieftain

You need to have the same version of the mod in the save game which is odd(regardless if that mod is used in the game).. I just noticed when I upgraded spanish to the latest version one of my shiggs map games became uncompatible (despite spain not even being in this). Unticking the latest spanish version and reinstalling the earlier version cured it.. Needs sorting I agree

3. mattpilot

mattpilot Warlord

If it were only that ...

Last night i saved teh game and wanted to continue it today. Nothing changed in my files. The fact that an old auto-save works and then 10 minutes later doesn't work is beyond perplexing.

I hate wasting so much time on a good game. Its no like i go around saying 'whoops, another bug - lets start a new game for the lols'. I kinda get attached to my games - afterall, it ain't epic unless played indefinitely >:C.