Mods to increase number of Great Works compatible with VP?

adac

Chieftain
I've gotten tired of running out of Great Works (especially Great Works of Writing) in the renaissance.

I've found references to mods that will increase the number of named Artists and Writers so that you can get closer to the end of the game before only being able to write political treatises/generate Golden Age points.

Does anyone happen to know if these would be compatible with VP? I looked through the stickied post on Compatible Mods and didn't see any that seemed to cover this issue, but of course it could very well be included in one of the other mods on the list.

I've gotten tired of running out of Great Works (especially Great Works of Writing) in the renaissance.

I've found references to mods that will increase the number of named Artists and Writers so that you can get closer to the end of the game before only being able to write political treatises/generate Golden Age points.

Does anyone happen to know if these would be compatible with VP? I looked through the stickied post on Compatible Mods and didn't see any that seemed to cover this issue, but of course it could very well be included in one of the other mods on the list.

I've been using Additional Great People to solve that problem and haven't had any issues.

Looks good; I'm fine with it not having actual works of art, writing quotes, etc. (which is a lot of work for the mod author) as long as I can still fill great work slots in late game.

Appreciate it!

Apparently I spoke too soon; ran out of Great Works of Writing well before the end of the game. Considering the number that should be available with this mod, that makes me think it isn't actually taking effect.

When you play with the new mod, did you get/create any great work that was added by the mod?

If not there's a high chance that the mod doesn't work with VP

So there is a limit? is that limit global or for each civ?
How do you generate that many?

The limit is global and surprisingly low (less than a hundred per type of work (writing, art, music)), especially for Great Works of Writing. I play large maps with more civs, and I am generally running out of GWoW by the end of the renaissance.

Thanks for writers and artists. Next game will try it.

P.S.:And what about great musicians?

I think this is a problem base VP needs to address...at minimum, by creating dummy Great Works if they run out.

It will be great. Especially for large maps. Or for 4X AI dll.
Additional Great People was working, but I think that may have been 2 VP versions ago. And More Great Works doesn't resolve the issue either. I've been playing Siam with More Components and can't fill the Wats with Great Writing! Somewhat annoying....

Top Bottom