1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods used/recommended by Mac players

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Premier, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Premier

Premier Dept of Isthmi & Tombolos

This might be pointless (and hopefully it is) but with the Mac version of Civ VI out of sync with the PC version patches, I'm worried about using mods that become incompatible across different builds.

That said, I'm hoping to get an idea and feel for the mods Mac users are using without issues, inspired by qadams list here. To me this seems helpful in the early stages of the release.

So what mods are you using/recommend?

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

You can access earlier (pre-patch) versions for some of the mods. For example, Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel doesn't work without the patch any more. But you can just download an earlier version.

I am currently playing with these mods, without having the patch yet, and don't have any problems:
    AI+ (newest version)
    TCS More Theming Bonuses (newest version)
    Better Trade Screen (newest version, although this is sometimes a little bit bugged and displays wrong text)
    Improved Tech Tree (newest version)
    Mads Tech Tree (pre-Patch version)
    Unit Report Screen (newest version)
    Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel (pre-Patch version)

Note: only AI+, TCS Theming Bonuses and Mads Tech Tree change something of the gameplay. The others are UI improvements.
    I've tried others, but I don't want the game to change too much yet. So I don't apply any balance things or making things easier, adding new stuff etc. They just make the AI play better and the theming bonuses make the the cultural wonders a bit better.

Premier likes this.
  3. Premier

Premier Dept of Isthmi & Tombolos

Thanks for this! The pre-patch/newest version notations are especially helpful. I'm about to start a new game and will be trying most of these, AI+ is of particular interest.