1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods with Steam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Dragonwrenn, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Dragonwrenn

Dragonwrenn Chieftain

I bought the 2k games pack with Steam, and was delighted to find Civilization 4 and civ 4 bts in it. I uninstall ed my civ 4 bts, but going through the steam game files I saw there was no mods folder? How do I get mods to work with this? When I try to install Thomas' War, the installer simply crashes.

Please Help :please:

edit: I uninstall ed the non-steam civ 4

2. Ajidica

Ajidica Nerevarine

I'm not sure if it works with steam, but just create a folder in the xpacks directory called Mods (eg: bts\mods\the mod you want to use)

3. Cao Mengde

Cao Mengde Chieftain

I have the Steam version and haven't experienced this. Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods is where it should be.

4. Dragonwrenn

Dragonwrenn Chieftain

thanks very much for the help ^_^