Mods without downloads?

whorble

Chieftain
I can download mods from most users, but not from one specific user, e.g. this mod. There simply is no download button.

If I add /download to the URL like the other mods' download links, I get an error message like this (note: it is not a "404 not found" error):

CivFanatics said:
Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I tried looking if there was maybe another way to download from their profile page, but that seems to be blocked due to privacy settings:

CivFanatics said:
Oops! We ran into some problems.

This member limits who may view their full profile.

I try my best to keep my own privacy, so I can definitely understand restricting access to your profile page. But why would you upload something if you didn't want people to download it? I doubt a mod download restriction would be intentional, judging from guideline 2 of the Modiquette.

When you upload content, you automatically grant permission for it to be used by all members of this community.

So since I only have this issue when trying to download mods from this user, I wonder if it's maybe a bug related to the privacy settings?

It seems the user didn't really properly use our download database. They added the steam link to their download a bit further down in the text though.
I think I'll have a look if I can easily change that...

EDIT: Done.
In general, if you find a broken link, then feel free to report it, we'll then have a look to see if anything can be done to fix the issue.

Hmm, that link in the description is to another mod (which they recommend using in conjunction). I can't find the "Buffed Anti-Cavalry Promotions" mod when searching for the title on Steam either, nor their username.

I've not uploaded mods here myself, but does that page not give an error if the upload is missing or invalid?

Oh crap, I reverted this, sorry for that.

The download database gives you 3 options here: File upload, external link, or "no file", not sure what the real use of the latter is though. But it does allow you to create items without any attachements or links.
In this case here it seems that Brixter might have deleted all their uploads, for unknown reasons. Right now I cannot find any "history" entry for exactly these changes, and even then, if a creator removes their content, we tend to respect this :/.

Top Bottom