Mods

dbconfession

Chieftain
Edited original.

OK so I did a bit of research and I'm a bit confused. Though mods need to be updated for Gods and Kings, is it or is it not still possible to enable the mods option in gods and kings via a text editor? And if it is, can someone please link me to instructions on how to do so? Thanks.

The simple answer to your question is "Yes".

Have you looked in the FAQ? In the latest questions, at the bottom of the list, I've tried to link to the main posts where this is discussed.

Have you looked in the FAQ? In the latest questions, at the bottom of the list, I've tried to link to the main posts where this is discussed.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I found the instructions you posted. Does, subscribing in the workshop do anything? Or do I have to find the mod in question outside of steam and manually install it?

Resolved in the FAQ thread. I confirm you have to install mods manually.

Hey there, I understand i have to instal mods manually, but is there a site or something i can go that provides me with a list of mods, - from what i understand, that whole 'steam workshop subscribe' thing doesnt work for us mac users.
- just wondering where i can find some mods to try and install!

thanks

Most mods are publicised in the Creation and Customization forum, so you can find out what is available there, and see the user comments on each one. The bigger problem is finding the actual mods.

Some mods are provided as downloadable files that you can expand and install manually. However, with the arrival of the Steam Workshop, this seems to be happening less and less. Modders are assuming that their work will be downloaded from Workshop, which is fine for PC users, but fails Mac users miserably.

If a modder cannot or will not supply the mod you want as a standalone download, then the only way you can get it is to find a way to download it in Windows. Either run Windows on your Mac, or find a friend with a PC.

Top Bottom