Module Creaters?

Breez

King
Anyone out there making baby plug in modules?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328221

Got me thinking. Many of you tweak small things. I would myself if I had half a clue.

Have any of you self mod'ers considered making those small tweaks as modules? For instance I saw Omegon3 say:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=292120&page=68

I added some resources to the standard FfH game which I have since migrated to FF (coal, sulphur, silver, potato). I would LIKE to add them to the applicable corporations (especially the Stonefire Guild), but am missing something...

I would LOVE any module that added more resources to my game really. (If anyone wants to get me a christmas present a module that adds the resources/seaweed from orbis would rock :) ) That seems like the perfect use of the module system if I understand it right.

I think the smaller the scope the better that way I could chose to apply the ones I want with out doing EVERY change someone else wanted.

However... if someone made a module that added some new resources for instance would they have to re-release it every patch? or since it is simply adding something would it be relatively unchanged by patches?

Was hoping some folk out there may be some people might be doing this type of thing for them selves and like to share.

Good to hear, I am already looking forward to FF+ but (no offense) while I love some of your changes, I don't always want to play with all of them. Same with Orbis.

I was planing on creating a module for most of the civs with little adjustments here and there, as sort of a beginers course on modding. I Starterd with the Khazad, heres what i am currently using:

I've added UU's for Khazad Commander (Dwarven Thane) and Melee Royal Guard (Forgeguards) and one new Promotion.

The Thane is the same as the standard commander except he starts with Artillery Master and 133rd Krag (the new Promo that gives Bounty Hunter to minions).

The Forgeguards are 3/7 Melee units that start with Heavy, in addition to the usual Royal Guard Promos, and need iron instead of Horse/Nightmare they also have access to the City Garrison line.

It’s a bit rough atm, I especially need a new button for the royal guard as they use the Dwarven defenders as does the commander. I would also like to replace the Master Rancher building with something more Dwarven, maybe an Artillery range but I haven’t got round to checking if that’s possible, or thinking up decent promos yet.

I’ll probably start on the Lauan next, see if i can do a UU Commander "Commodore" can have naval units as minions grants Boarding to ships and if possible can turn into a naval unit when in port.

Art for Forgeguards from Ahwaric http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=11429.

Attachments

• Dwarves.zip
    132.3 KB · Views: 80
I'd love to create modules for FF. I love the modular system! But I don't think I'll be able to do it for now. My mod is already taking away most of my time... One thing I'd probably change is the tech tree which I don't like. But then that would make me change many many many things... Come to think of it, it wouldn't be that terrible. Just one line to change for many entries :lol:

Top Bottom