[Module] Hell Stables from WM/MoM

Derf

Modular Mushroom
After finally and grudgingly playing Master of Mana, and running through it's 'pedia, I ran accross a few interesting little things I wanted to bring to RifE.
So here's the first - the Hell Stables.

It's identical to it's Master of Mana counterpart, except it isn't Hippus-specific (yet) and it doesn't have special art.

For those who don't know, it's a National wonder, available with Infernal Pact that gives you two nightmares, costs 300 :hammers: and has a -1 :food: penalty (probably because they have a tendancy to eat the grooms?)

I'm still figuring my way around modules for RifE, so it's kind of basic really.

I don't have any other buildings in the works to borrow from MoM right now. Feel free to make requests, and maybe this will turn into a borrowed buildings module. Maybe.

I think that's all that needs to be said. Credit to them for making it of course, all I did was make it available to we RifE players.
Download below.
(Note: If your compression/decompression program gives some error about the zip file, try it with 7zip instead.)

Changelog:
0.11 - Now with Hippus specific-iness. Does not break savegames, so if you built it before updating, you should still have it even if you're not the Hippus.

For those who don't want it to be Hippus only, the 0.10 version is also attached, which does not have it.

Attachments

• Hell_Stable-0.11.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Hell_Stable-0.10.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 119
Interesting building. :goodjob:

Two things: In order to have the launcher show if your mod is up to date or not, you have to update a page on the Wiki. It's very simple to do, and I actually went ahead and added it already; If you'd like, there is a template for the Mod Author you can fill out as well, or you can change the description.

Link: http://greyfox.me/rife/wiki/index.php?title=Official_List_of_Modules#Hell_Stables

Only other thing: I'd make a thread here as well. ;) http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

I knew I forgot something. Will sort that out now.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to make it a UB though. I thought it'd be simple, but if it's going to be a UB that doesn't replace anything, does that mean I've got to add an entry for each civ that defines it as 'none' for them, and this for the Hippus?

Well, if we didn't have Fall Further as a base, yes, you'd have to define NONE for all civs that you don't want using it (if it does not replace any building, at least).

However... We do have Fall Further as a base, and Xienwolf is awesome. :lol: Quite a while ago, he added a bUnique tag to Unit/BuildingClasses; This means that, if unique and not listed specifically for a civilization, it loads as NONE, automatically.

Meaning, instead of defining NONE for all civilizations other than the one you want to use it, you instead define it once, for the civ that should have it. If this makes sense. :lol:

Example buildingclass with the tag:
Code:
		<BuildingClassInfo>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_MEMORIAL_REFUGEE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_MEMORIAL_REFUGEE</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iExtraPlayerInstances>0</iExtraPlayerInstances>
			<bNoLimit>0</bNoLimit>
			<bMonument>0</bMonument>
			[B]<bUnique>1</bUnique>[/B]
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_MEMORIAL_REFUGEE</DefaultBuilding>
			<VictoryThresholds/>
		</BuildingClassInfo>

And then in the Grigori civilization info:
Code:
				<Building>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_MEMORIAL_REFUGEE</BuildingClassType>
					<BuildingType>BUILDING_MEMORIAL_REFUGEE</BuildingType>
				</Building>

That's all that is needed, aside from the building of course. It makes things VERY simple, and keeps the civilizations file nice and clean. :goodjob:

Ahh. Now I understand. Much nicer way to do it.
I'll update it shortly... when I've finished playing around with Bannor nightmare cavalry.

Top Bottom