[MODULE] odmod

odalrick

Emperor
This is a collection of changes that are so small that they're not worth making a separate module for.

Download v1.1

• Event Changes:
    • Sign of Amathon costs 250 gold for the prophet
    • Sign of Ceridwen costs 250 gold for the prophet
    • Goblin Waste event disabled
    • Gorilla, Wolf, Lion, Tiger made not unique unitclasses, so that the Hunter sells his catch event works
  • Usability Improvements:
    • Workers may be set to automatically promote the Skilled line
    • Commanders can drop all minions

One usability enhancement is "missing": Rooting Creepers from Scions Healthcare.

One thing I should point out... Currently, there are issues with modular events (a readpass 2 tag, that causes issues for ALL events if it tries to load a single one modularly); It's been fixed for 1.31.

I know there are issues, but they don't affect all changes to random events. These changes are safe, or at least I've never had problems with them.

Good stuff. Wonder if it'll fully be integrated into RifE at some point.

[*] Goblin Waste event disabled

The problem with this event is it's timing and irreversibility. It occurs long before a player is likely to ever have Nature Mana, so cannot be mitigated. That the event is irreversible means a potentially good tile is wasted. If the event only lasted 20 turns or created poionous fallout that could be cleared by magic / workers, it wouldn't be an issue.

The astrology events tend to occur early because of their lack of requirements. With such a small pool of events to choose from the astrology events occur more frequently than they might otherwise deserve to do so. It might be good to look through the base BtS events and find some low tech events that can be added to the game such as "Forest Fire", "Washed Out", "Marathon", "Faux Pas" and "Baby Boom"

They do, actually. The issue with the readpass causes all modular events to gain a random (max_int) chance for a random event to be fired in a random number of turns after the original event. :lol:

So all events get an infinitesimal chance to cause more events? That does sound like something I could have not noticed. Seems like a small price to pay...

Still, this module doesn't load any new events, it just alters existing ones. Since I never noticed anything wrong I assumed that was enough to avoid trouble.

@Jabie:

I agree with your points, but with the issues of modular loading of random events I'm keeping it to the bare minimum for my enjoyment.

Since Valkrionn has promised to fix the problem, it might be time to start collecting ideas for an Extra Random Events module.

Pretty much it, yes. And it will affect new events, and all existing events (whether you change them or not!). Same type of issue currently exists for Rituals and Techs.

Snarko has fixed the problem, so they will be working. And Black_Imperator's MoreEvents modmod has been converted into entirely modular format. :p

Top Bottom