[MODULE] Scions Healthcare

odalrick

Emperor
I got tired of all the useless health buildings in my build queue as Scions of Patria. I know they are there so you can combat Unhealthy Discontent before Sorcery, but their names still annoy me.

Why would Scions have an infirmary? Just die already and accept the Emperors Gift.
Why waste effort on building a Granary, just starve and accept the Emperors Gift.
Why an Elder Council when every single citizen in the empire is older than other civilizations?

So I replaced the health buildings with unique buildings, intended to have about the same value to a Scion player as the original buildings have to a regular civ.

Installation

Download and run Scion Healthcare 1.4.exe.

Each building can be individually installed and removed by the setup.

Source

The source is hosted at Google Code.

Old version.

This version is the last one to support Fall Further.
Scion Healthcare 1.2.exe

Detailed description

Code:
Ghosthouse:
  replaces: Smokehouse
  effects: 
    - Health from meat resources
Citizens Council:
  replaces: Elder Council
  effects: 
    - 2 science
    - 1 sage slot
    - 1 healer slot
Embalmer:
  replaces: Herbalist
  effects: 
    - 2 health
    - +10 healing in city
    - 1 happy from Reagents
Mortuary:
  replaces: Infirmary
  effects: 
    - 3 health
    - 1 free priest and artist
Otherworldly Beacon:
  replaces: Lighthouse
  effects:
    - +1 traderoute
    - sea plots get +1 production and commerce
    - naval units built in the city gains Ghost Crew
Ghost Crew:
  effects:
    - +1 cargo
    - +30% withdraw chance
    - -1 combat strength
    - Can sometimes become Hidden after combat
    - becomes Undead
    - may promote to Implacable, Drill III & IV
    - may promote to become flying at level 8
    - Prevents the regular Crew promotions
Paper Mill:
  replaces: Granary
  effects:
    - Transforms useless corn, wheat and rice into valuable paper, boosting commerce by +5% for each resource.
    - Requires Alteration
    - 1 sage slot
Poisoned Well:
  replaces: Well
  effects:
    - Celebrates the victory of death over life
    - +2 production
Water Sculpture:
  replaces: Sewers
  effects:
    - removes unhealth from buildings
    - +1 health
    - +1 production from river tiles
    - +2 happiness from Water Mana
    - only in riverside cities
    - requires Water Mana to be built
Omninet:
  replaces: Harbour
  effects:
    - It sweeps the sea clean
    - +4 food
    - +10% production for buildings
    - +1 Gunpowder resource
    - +10% production with Refined Mana
Creepers:
  effects:
    - made buildable at Agriculture
    - costs 60 production
    - An early, but expensive, way to spread Haunted Lands
    - but mostly because I hate researching Agriculture when it doesn't provide any immidiate benefits
    - May promote to Rooting Creeper
Rooting Creeper:
  effects:
    - Will automatically create Haunted Lands as soon as possible
    - May be removed by promoting to Uproot Creeper
    - Part of the basic files, as it is only a convenience. 
Doomsoother:
    replaces: Great Healer
    effects:
      - Strength of Patria, affinity for your civilization
      - Health, obviously
      - No Apothecary
Terrain Changes:
  effects:
    - All land terrain except Burning Sands provide one prodution
    - No unhealth from Flood plains
Helptexts:
  - Buildings that affect the spawn chance note so

Known bugs

• Flying ghost ships are wonky.

Help
  • I'd like Ghost Crew to change the artstyle of ships to the most damaged style available, regardless of damage. Don't know how to accomplish that.
  • Did I forget any health buildings?

It looks good. It definitely may be a bit unbalanced in terms of ships and gunpowder, but scions are not a MP-civ in most cases, also scions city on water is something not too common too, so I think it's good.

Flying ships are cool too. Flying Hollander :D.

P.S. It's good addition and maybe with some balances should make it into the main mod. I've never built granary or well as scions, only in very extreme situations when there was a lot of unhealth.

Very flavourful, I especially like the artist slot in the morgue and the ghost ships.
What i don't get is the Burns Omninet.
What is that supposed to do from a flavour perspective and why does it give food? Aren't the Scions fallow?
And is "it sweeps the sea clean" to be taken literally and it removes sea ressources or just for flavour?
But everything else i really like and i will definitely use ist.

I kinda like em except for
Burns Omninet:
effects:
- It sweeps the sea clean
- +4 food
- +1 Gunpowder resource
As mentioned above I don't understand the food and "cleans ocean" so i am ignoring that line. Every city having a gunpowder resource sounds a bit much for no more hammers than a harbor adds.

I think
Burns Omninet:
effects:
That building would be worth building and maybe more balanced.

It looks good. It definitely may be a bit unbalanced in terms of ships and gunpowder, but scions are not a MP-civ in most cases, also scions city on water is something not too common too, so I think it's good.

Yes, Scions have almost no affinity for water.

The Otherworldly Beacon makes Coast :hammers::commerce::commerce::commerce: which is as far as I can tell is the minimum for Scions to work a tile. A Lighthouse turns Coast to :food::food::commerce::commerce: which, as far as I can tell is the minimum for non-fallow civ to work a tile.

Ghost Crew isn't supposed to be more powerful than regular crew, so I think I'll add a strength penalty.

Very flavourful, I especially like the artist slot in the morgue and the ghost ships.

The Morgue doesn't have an artist slot, it has a free artist. (Ditto for priest.)
Might be too powerful...

I like it, though I also have issues with the Omninet... Why does it give production with Refined Mana, a resource the Scions can't harvest?

The Omninet recycles animals into Lil' Lisa's Patented Animal Slurry. It's a high-protein feed for farm animals, insulation for low-income housing, a powerful explosive and a top-notch engine coolant. Not a single sea-creature is wasted.

Updated to work with Rise from Erebus 1.20 .

The Morgue would clash with the new D'Tesh Salthouse unique building. Luckily I had already planned to rename it Mortuary for unrelated reasons.

Other minor changes should make the module compatible with Fall Further.

New version: 1.3

Creepers can be set to automatically spread Haunted Lands as soon as they gain the ability.

They can also be built at Agriculture, giving an early way to spread Haunted Lands reliably. Slowly and expensively, but at least reliably.

What parts of your mod would be compatible with Orbis?

I don't really know. I'd guess anything that replaces something that exists in Orbis (or Wildmana for that matter) would work. So maybe not the Well.

I think any tags that don't exist would be ignored, so the buildings/promotions might loose some abilities.

I know it's over and done with already, but...Gunpowder?

The Burns Omninet should provide 1 Slurry resource.

Why on earth does it give food? Isn't food sort of pointless for the scions, or am I missing something here.

The module would also need to be rewritten, as Orbis does not use the WoC modular system.

Indeed... I plugged some 5 buildings to Orbis rapidly just for fun though. A pity Orbis team is AWOL, this is not very motivating ...

... but better for the mods still active, like your, Valkrionn :lol:

By the way, do you intent of siphoning some cool features of Orbis into your mod, so that you have the one that "rule them all and in the darkness bind them" mod? :crazyeye:

Indeed... I plugged some 5 buildings to Orbis rapidly just for fun though. A pity Orbis team is AWOL, this is not very motivating ...

... but better for the mods still active, like your, Valkrionn :lol:

By the way, do you intent of siphoning some cool features of Orbis into your mod, so that you have the one that "rule them all and in the darkness bind them" mod? :crazyeye:

We have most of the DLL capabilities of Orbis, the rest is just picking out which feature to merge and how to rebalance it for RifE.

Top Bottom