1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODULES] Starting Something

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by lemonjelly, Sep 1, 2010.

1. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Starting Something
    by lemonjelly
    is a set of python files that aim to make the game more enjoyable.

Current Version - 2.0
    StartingWorker.py
    Gives everybody a free worker when they found their 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th cities.
    BUGFIX: barbs no longer get a worker, causes CtD for some people.

StartingWarrior.py
    Gives everybody a free warrior when they found their first city.

StartingSettler.py
    Gives the AI a free settler in their capital at turns 75, 125, 150, 225, 250 and 300.

StartingFaith.py

Spreads or founds religions in appropiate civ's capitals around certain turns.
    Spoiler Details :
    Early Religions spread around turn 80
    Fellowship Of Leaves
    Ljosalfar, Svartalfar and Doviello considered.
    Runes of Kilmorph
    Luchuirp and Khazad considered.
    Octopus Overlords
    Balseraphs and Lanun considered.

Middle-Game Religions spread arounds turn 140

Ashen Veil
    Sheaim and Balseraphs considered.
    Order
    Bannor, Dural and Elohim considered.
    White Hand
    Illians and Doviello considered.
    Fellowship of Leaves
    Lanun and Doviello considered.
    Guaranteed not to found, unless no elves are ingame.

Late-Game Religions spread around turn 160

Empyrean
    Dural, Elohim and Malakim considered.
    Council of Esus
    Svartalfar and Lanun considered.
    Changelog
    Spoiler :
    In Version 1.0:
    Spoiler :
    StartingWorker.py

In Version 2.0:
    Spoiler :
    All python files now have configurable options, should be simple to understand.
    There are written instructions in the files.
    StartingWorker.py
    StartingWarrior.py
    StartingSettler.py
    StartingFaith.py

Future Versions:

Spoiler :
    Version 3.0 aims to:
    Spoiler :
    Add:
    StartingWars.py
    Dynamic wars break out during the game.

StartingHate.py
    A more dynamic system for hating and liking people.

StartingArmageddon.py
    Increase or Decrease the AC from certain actions.
    Makes the AC more lethal.

Change:
    StartingFaith.py
    To take seperate leaders into consideration.

StartingSettler.py
    To give certain leaders and civs more or less settlers.

Version 4.0 aims to:
    Spoiler :
    Add:
    StartingPlague.py
    Dynamic plague outbursts.

StartingRiot.py
    Riots and unhappiness from certain actions.

StartingFood.py
    A dynamic food system, because some farms are better than others.

Installation Instructions:
    Unzip to the Modules folder,
    Move/Delete the files you don't want to play with.

Shouldn't break savegames.

If you have a bug whilst using these modules, remember to LIST THE MODULES YOU'RE USING when you report the bug.

If you have feature requests, just ask, I'll look into it!

Attached Files:

2. Opera

Opera Deity

Early religions should *all* get a second shot during the mid religions pass.

OO: Calabim;
    RoK: Clan of Embers, Mazatl
    FoL: Archos

Maybe do the same for mid religions during the late religions pass and finally a later late religions pass.

Also, mid is ~140 and late ~160...? Doesn't feel much like a difference to me.

3. Aevarex

Aevarex Chieftain

Thank you, I'm very interested in the starting settler modudle, to use along with the "no settlers" game option.

4. KrugSmash

KrugSmash Warlord

Will starting settler and starting faith be affected by game speed? I always play on epic speed, and don't want to use them if the AI will have that much of a time advantage.

I'm glad you fixed the starting worker, I quite liked that but it was a pain to have to disable it every game.

5. lemonjelly

No, they don't scale with game speed, I'm not sure how to make them scale with game speed...

I'm not sure whether its fixed, I never ran into that error, but, stopping the barbs from getting free workers should fix it :)

6. Opera

Opera Deity

To scale, you'd have to calculate the turn #. For example if you use 90 as a normal early religions pass, then:

Epic = 90 * 3 / 2 = 135
    Marathon = 90 * 3 = 270
    Quick = 90 * 2 / 3 = 60

7. snarko

snarko DLLer

CyGlobalContext().getGameSpeedInfo(CyGame().getGameSpeedType()).*

*Can be any of:
    getGrowthPercent()
    getTrainPercent()
    getConstructPercent()
    getCreatePercent()
    getResearchPercent()
    getBuildPercent()
    getImprovementPercent()
    getGreatPeoplePercent()
    and all the rest I won't bother to list.
    100 is standard.

Example to make something to happen on turn 80 in normal:
    iTurn = 80 * gc.getGameSpeedInfo(CyGame().getGameSpeedType()).getResearchPercent() / 100
    if (CyGame().getGameTurn() == iTurn):
    dostuff

Usually gc is used instead of CyGlobalContext()

8. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

lol, another jemon's module ...

9. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

So... I should delete your "Starting Worker" module? Or it is fine if I have both?

10. lemonjelly

I have no idea what strange dragons may appear if you have both, you'd probably get two workers, but, yeah, delete it :)

11. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Just a question, will this be selectively modular?

What I mean to say by that is will I be able to download it, activate it as a module, than go and delete individual files without causing damage to the whole.

For example, if I want to use it but don't want to have the religion thing, can I just delete StartingFaith.py and keep the rest without breaking it?

12. lemonjelly

Yeah :)
    each file is completely separate, they're just included in the same module because its easy :)
    So, delete the ones you don't want :D

13. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

Absolutely love this module. The starting worker(and subsequent free workers) really speed up growth without giving huge cities. Same for the settlers. I'm really looking forward to StartingWars. It would be really cool if some of those wars involved more than two civs. Maybe even go so far as too have a three sided war, where group A is at war with groups B and C, and group B is at war with A and C, etc.

Also there seems to be more religions founded now. I'm not sure if the focus of starting religions mods is too narrow or not. I like Opera's idea. Anyway awesome mod jemon. Definitely the most useful and probably the best module for RIFE. :goodjob:

14. lemonjelly

Thanks, :D yeah, they do, but its not too unbalanced either, and, yeah, I was surprised at how much difference the settlers make to the AI :p

Yeah, me too, but I'm still looking at how to do it in a clean way, the code is a little complicated, because the war function requires two players. Oh, they will, I'm planning on making it massive Good vs Evil or something, or definitely religion or council based.
    I do know that the Ljos and Svarts are forced into a war when the AC reaches a certain level, I may expand on that some, not exactly sure how StartingWars is going to turn out :)

Oh, and I may look at making a copy of the Immigration Mod, will probably have to code it almost from scratch, to allow all the RifE stuff to factor in.

15. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Just to say, do not forget, when you make the Dynamic wars, to add a check of relationship between player. (I would not want to wage a war with my friend, even if he is chaotic evil and I'm Lawful good). Starting from annoyed could do the trick?

16. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

Sounds awesome. It would be nice, probably not possible, but nice, if when you had good relations with you were able to avoid war with each other, even if you had different religions/alignments whatever. That said Massive good vs evil would be awesome. And maybe, after a certain point, forcing the Veil and Order into permanent war. That might be better if it was AC related.

The AC is sort of predictable(and if you know two civs will fight if the AC hits X you can abuse it if they both are at war with you). It would be cooler if the Ljos and Svarts had x% chance to renew their war. It could be rolled every turn and go up(become more likely) as the game progressed. You could do it with the Khazad and Hippus, Bannor and Clan, and Amurites/Lurichip and Illians too.

EDIT: I actually might recant on the avoiding war with someone you have good relations with thing. Afterall being forced into being friends with people who share your alignment/religion is something this game doesn't do well. Knowing that at somepoint you'll be fighting that lawful evil civ is a good incentive to not be best buddies with them. I think that in an alignment war you should be able to avoid fighting with civs that share your religion(unless you're COE).

17. Billyank

Billyank Chieftain

seems to me like white hand should appear in early game, since it technically already existed during the Age of Ice, so it is not a new religion as such.

also, shouldn't sidar have a chance to get CoE?

otherwise, looks cool!

18. lemonjelly

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want that either :p

I really do want Good vs Evil, but it won't be all good vs all evil, I want a bunch of little wars really :)

I can't change the base code without breaking the modularity of the thing, sorry :(
    I rather like that idea, and then have chances for their allies to join in on one side or the other as well?
    Not sure whether the last bit is possible (the allies joining part) should be though :)

I dunno, I'll think about it, but, even in religions, some variations of the religion don't agree :p

No, because of the terraforming, and it was based off tech costs.
    Yeah, some civs I missed out, I'll fix that :)

19. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I was thinking about that too. Do not forget other civs that get benefits from religions. Could be that some civs might have a priority in getting the religion first. So Khazad should get RoK before Luchuirp and so on.

Another religions that civs could get, idea:

Mazatl: RoK or Empy, (If not founded and there isn't a priority civ)
    Jotnar: RoK
    Frozen: White Hand (If on the game and WH hasn't been founded).
    Archos: FoL (not priority).
    Kuriotates: Empy? (not priority).
    Mercurians: Order (If they're on the game and religion has not been founded).
    Etc...

20. lemonjelly

Opera suggested I add second-checks for all the religions, and move the later religions even later, so, yeah, they should be in, but, IMHO, the Frozen and the Mercurians should be locked into their respective religions, like with the Infernal :)