1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Moff Jerjerrod's WW2 Global - Reloaded

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Moff Jerjerrod, May 19, 2010.

1. RKP

RKP Regent

Oh and I am working on the Japanese, Norwegian, Finnish, Greek, and Swedish Navies. Sure wish we could play the Tre Kroner pact. The Three Crowns Pact, included Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. The idea was that all three would act as one nation for protection during the War. Sadly, Hitler threw a monkey wrench to the plan before it was solid.

2. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Chieftain

Very cool. I love hearing that Charles Gardner, too. It's like listening to the game. "That was a bomb, as you may imagine." :)

3. RKP

RKP Regent

Well Guys. I have spent the day in frustration. Worked up 38 songs and speeches for the game. All in mp3 format. Took some time in doing that. Had to run through a few start ups to work all the errors out. Got things running in the game. It starts with the Polish Anthem, gives me a bit of a chill in the back to hear that with the MG and bomb effects in the background. But I am having a good roadblock type of problem. It stops at track 12. Causes the game to crash. Now I have changed the songs on track 12 and 13. But it seems to not have any effect. And I do have a text list for the system to follow. But I seem to be missing something. Anyone have an idea as to what to do?

4. Angelle

Angelle Chieftain

Somehow the game crashes when I tried to open up the trade advisor.

5. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Angelle:

That crash you're experiencing has something to do with a bad pcx file. I provided a patch to fix this problem but can't remember if it is in the first post or somewhere inside this thread. Take a look and see.

RKP:

I had a similar experience when putting together my soundtrack. I do know that if you create all the songs in one folder then transfer them all at the same time to the scenario\build folder along with the music.txt file you should be good to go. Don't know why, but I remember reading about this issue that El-Justo ran into when setting up one of his scenarios. I also had help from Meteorman who put together the soundtrack for me in the proper MP3 format. ;)

6. RKP

RKP Regent

May have to chat with Meteorman. I have the radio broadcast of the French surrender and it is followed with the French Anthem. But the announcement runs as like a old 33 record on 45 or 75 rpm It is in mp3 format. So I don't know why its doing that.

7. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Oh I know that you need to select the proper frequency (44 kHz I think) when formatting/converting to MP3 format.

8. RKP

RKP Regent

Moff:

Can you help me get in contact with Meteorman? I tried sending him a message and it told me it could not find him.

9. RKP

RKP Regent

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....never mind. Got a message to him.

10. RKP

RKP Regent

Did everyone go on a spring break?

11. superbounce7

superbounce7 Augustus

Im still lurking around here just dont have much to say...

12. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I'm not on spring break. I wish though. Anywho, another busy work week gone by and time to spend some energy working on this scenario.

My plans for this weekend are to figure out, based on your input RKP, what new naval units to incorporate into the game. Btw thanks for the latest round of naval OOD, especially for the Japanese!

I'm also working on a tech era guide in lieu of making updates to the civilopedia. I'm going to explain the importance or unimportance of each tech as well as the units and improvements they each unlock.

13. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

For MP3's to play properly, it seems it has to do with the IDTag that Civ 3 uses. In order to get them to work properly and not crash the game, follow these instructions that Hikaro has provided here... and they will work perfectly. I had same problem which I got around (some unknown way long ago), but had to do some new MP3's following Hikaro's tried and true methods. :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9635201&postcount=21

14. RKP

RKP Regent

Well this got all a bit too technical for me. :crazyeye: Plus I tried a little experiment today. Took a song track off of AOI 2. And put it in track 13. Now it works in the other game so it should were here...right? No, it starts to play and then the game crashes. It always crashes right between song tracks 12 and 13. So.....if any of you guys want to tinker with it and see if you can get it to work. Let me know and I will be happy to send you the file.

I have a file of 39 songs and speeches that really make the game theme Starting with the Polish National Anthem and the listening to old Wimpy Chamberlain. Hitler's Poland speech and the Nazi Anthem. Have the announcement of the Fall of France and then the National Anthem. You get to hear Mussolini's and Stalin's DOW and their Anthems. My favorite combination is to hear Tojo's DOW, Japanese Anthem, Over the Rainbow, FDR's DOW and the American Anthem. And the rest of the list has Patton's speech and a large assortment of war time songs from all the nations.

I just don't have the knowledge or the experience to work the programs that Hikaro offers to do the music. And I have not heard back from Metor Man yet. So if any of you can help or direct me to someone who can. I would be grateful. :)

15. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

If you want, send the problem mp3's to me, and I can do them for you. It doesn't take long to complete them.

16. RKP

RKP Regent

Tom....what email address do you want me to send the file to? I can not seem to put the file up here right now.

17. RKP

RKP Regent

arrrgh! Well Tom, today must not be my day. Every time I try to put an attachment to a post here to give you the file. It fails. Tells me I am missing a token. The address you sent me also fails. mailer Demon tells me that the address is no good. So.... I am ready to scream. After spending part of the day trying to figure out to use some music conversion programs as well. So I do hope there is another address that I can use for you. Or there is just some minor error in the one you sent me.

Russ

18. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

I got one of your emails that was a test.

You can just upload the file to something like filedropper and then PM me the link if you want.

19. RKP

RKP Regent

Guys:

Got to thinking today. If any of you are like me and enjoy giving your ships names. I can provide you a extensive list of those names and Classes. Of what ever nation you like to play. I have been saving all my Orders of Deployment and Ship Classes Lists that I have been making for Moff. Would be happy to share them with you. Just send me a message of what you want or need.

Love how some of the names translate to English. For example: Russian DD Re****elny (Decisive), Japanese DD Sazanami (Rippling Waves), or Polish DD Grom (Thunder). Or to learn of various ship projects that never made it past the planning stage. Such as the Project 21 Moskwa Class BB. A Russian copy of the Nelson/Rodney class of Battleships. Would have been 6 in this class and 10 in the Sovietsky Soyuz Class. If Stalin had done his version of the Z-Plan. Just learned of what the 6 names would have been.

So again, if you want. Just contact me and I will do my best to provide what information you want.

20. RKP

RKP Regent

Guys:

Sent to Moff today the music/speeches file I was working on. With Tom's help it is working just great. Now to see if Moff likes it. Kind of spooky to hear Over the Rainbow with Stukas screaming in the background. Or in my case, in playing Germany. To hear the Polish Anthem as the last Polish city falls.