1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Moff Jerjerrod's WW2 Global - Reloaded

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Moff Jerjerrod, May 19, 2010.

1. Daniel Khan

Daniel Khan Bail Baby Bail

Great scenario. I am encountering this error message, though.

As I am computer illiterate, I am certain there is an easy fix for this, unable as I am to discover it. I would appreciate any insight anybody could give me.

Attached Files:

2. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

3. caedus

caedus Chieftain

Spoiler :

hi, i'm pretty sure I did everything correctly, but I just can't start the game. Anyway to help me out here? Thx in advance.

4. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

That's an interesting crash. The pediaicons file is correct. Have you installed the scenario in the correct folder? Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the scenario location in your directory?

5. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen any 'sub bug' wars started by the
    night bombers & partisans? I haven't played yet, but that concerns me a bit.

6. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

I haven't played the scenario to completion so I have no experience with the hidden partisan units. My thoughts though are by the time they are introduced into the game 'sub bug' wars would be inconsequential because most of the world will be at war anyway. Still, you do raise a valid point and one which I'll have to investigate further.

As for the night bombers there does not seem to be any occurrence of 'sub bug' wars caused by aircraft in the 5 hours of actual game time I've spent looking for problems with night fighters/bombers.

7. Kizlyk

Kizlyk Chieftain

Original scenario was slow as hell - several minutes per turn, I wonder you can you guys enjoy it... :(

8. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

...and I wonder if you ever can be able to understand this. :p

Nightbombers/Nightfighters:

Moff, is the setting with the nightbombers / nightfighters (using the invisible/detect inv. flag) really working in the way that nightbombers can only be attacked by nightfigters?

9. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

For sure not. That`s just dreamin`. The invisible/detect invisible flag doesn`t work with aircrafts. The only effect is you can see invisible units around their base. But in the mission area nothing is gonna be detected. The same is true for Radar.

10. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Yes, it's been tested for radar to see if recon gives a larger view, don't think it worked. And for detect invisible in an attempt to find a way for certain aircraft to act as anti-submarine aircraft. But to no avail.

11. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

I've seen daytime fighters with no detect invisible flag still shooting down invisible night bombers. I think it may be due to having a destroyer with the detect invisible flag set in the port city being bombed that has fighter defense in it however.

12. Rapperport

Rapperport Chieftain

Really nice upgrade for the scenario :D

I have however run into a problem... When I began invading Denmark/Norway the game began to crash. The first instance was when I tried to unfortify my coastal subs which were stacked near Copenhagen, the second time was when I tried to bomb the city with a Dornier and finally it just crashed at the beginning of the next turn, effectively ending the game.

has anyone else had a problem with the scenario causing the game to just crash straight off? It doesn't even give an in game warning, instead I get this...

Microsoft Windows

Civ3Conquests has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

13. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

I had some unexplained crashes like that myself. It turned out to be the music files I included with the scenario. I disabled them but if you re-enabled them I would shut them off and delete them all together. I just recently found out the reason why those music files are causing the game to crash and will try to fix this with a new music pack eventually.

If you have not re-enabled those music files I wonder what is causing your crash? I do know that Dornier has night bombing ability therefor it is invisible. This may be the cause of the crash.

14. Rapperport

Rapperport Chieftain

I've had a look in the sounds file for the scenario, is it the file marked dummyBuild or Ambience Sfx?

Thanks for the help Moff and long live the Empire ;D

15. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

It's the dummyBuild folder that should go or at least don't remove the word "dummy" from the folder name. That should make sure it is deactivated. Ambience Sfx should be ok but you could try renaming that folder dummyAmbience Sfx if you think that may be the problem. The Sfx folder contains all the background sounds like artillery fire, machinegun bursts etc. You hear these sounds during your turn as part of the background.

Why thank you good sir! :)

16. Rapperport

Rapperport Chieftain

Oh dear... I just tried that and it won't even start the scenario now :/ I think I'm cursed!

17. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Well in that case restore the Ambience Sfx folder. Have you check to make sure you installed the scenario in the right location? Or I would try downloading again and re-installing in case you have a corrupted file somewhere now.

18. Rapperport

Rapperport Chieftain

I'm thinking I did corrupt a file so I'm redownloading now :)

19. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Thanks to the efforts of Meteor Man for converting my music files for the soundtrack to this mod. I tried installing them but ran into issues however.

What is happening is the first song of the music list plays fine in game however thereafter the music goes quiet. I'm working on trying to figure out what is going on. All the music files seem to be in the proper format. I'm beginning to think that my custom soundtrack for this mod is not meant to be. Still I will persist on trying to figure this out.

20. Freeborn

Freeborn Chieftain

I'll give this a try, downloading now (atomic gamer has some mighty slow connection though).