1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Moff Jerjerrod's WW2 Global - Reloaded

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Moff Jerjerrod, May 19, 2010.

1. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

I agree with you Daniel. I'm not sure I entirely like how the AOI way of naval combat is working in this scenario. I have noticed that the wait time between turns can be as high as 13 minutes because of all those subs, destroyers, CL's, etc. coming up to my shores to bombard. I realize you can turn off unit animation but I don't want to do that. Using the naval system that I had originally in place the wait time between turns was only 2 to 3 minutes maximum.

2. Oxus

Oxus Explorer

Hello, guys. I'm downloading now this scenario with positive feels. It will be better if there is have some tutorial how to install it, because they are many files.

Greetings,

Vladislav Stoilov

3. Oxus

Oxus Explorer

I have a problem: I do everyithing how it is explain up, but game don't go. Only loading... and loading(15 minutes and I close it with the task manager) .

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

PLease dudes if it's possible make it the option to play random map with this scenario. My comp is not soo good for so huge map. Pleaseeee!

4. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Hello Oxus,

Have you checked to make sure that the scenario was installed in the proper folder? What version of Windows do you use?

Some people have asked me before if I can convert this scenario into a random map that anyone can load but that is beyond my ability to do so. Sorry.

5. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

Very easy :) Just make the map water only ;)

6. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

That sadly won't work, General old chap, for three reasons:

1. The game will still think that this ocean map is the map, since "Custom Map" has been selected
    2. Many things at the start of this scenario are pre-placed. For units, this will be tedious, but not too much of a problem; each civ can be given enough units to start with in the player properties tabs. For pre-placed wonders and the such, this will be a little more time consuming. After all, you don't want one city building all the wonders which should be available to that civ at the start, but likewise, these wonders are pretty important.
    3. Build speeds. The game has been set up so that many of the cities are quite developed. This means that the units and such can be built in a realistic time frame, keeping it fun (after all, who wants to spend hundreds of turns building a tank in absolutely every city?) Sure, shield costs can be adjusted, but they've already been fine-tuned for gameplay/accuracy on this map, so any adjustments will further have to be fine-tuned which would take an awful amount of time...

7. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

Ah ,never ever heard of this problems. In my own scenarios I never had an issue like this. Interesting.
    Thanks for covering my back.

8. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I am not in the credits :(

Some pics show my cities though.

9. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

apparently i have the same problem like oxus ,does that mean need new gaming rig ?

10. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Hi Kyriakos,

I've updated the first post to show you in the credits! Sorry I missed putting you there.

Moff

11. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Hi smirnoff,

Can you describe exactly what is happening? Does the crash happen after you have selected a civ to play and hit ok? Where does the crash take place, i.e. after assigning unit colors or gathering player data? Also are there any messages displayed just before you get the crash?

I've play tested the current files on my computer and everything seems to work fine so I'm puzzled at what is happening with you guys.

One word of caution though: make sure you've downloaded the new resources and resources shadows pcx and the new version of the biq found at the bottom of the first post. Also if you downloaded the main files when this scenario first went live you will need to download the files again as I've updated them.

12. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

well when i pick a civ then hit ok...i wait like 15 minutes like oxus and when i go to my task manager i can see there that the game civ 3 is not responding ,and dont know what time exactly it crashes around that time cuz i go away for 15 minutes lol

13. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Ah I see. Which version of the biq did you download? Is it 1.1 or 2.0? Also don't forget to get the resource.pcx and resource with shadow.pcx files. They need to be installed in your /scenario/ww2 global - reloaded/art folder. (over write the old versions if any)

14. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

Where do i put those pcx. only in /scenario/ww2 global - reloaded/art folder
    not in specific folder over there?

ok nvm it worked the scenario just picked japan for a try lol what a line of soldiers in Chinese border ,looks like another great wall...of soldiers

also i noticed that since when i put the res to 1 most of scenarios with huge maps work better so thank you for the help Moff

15. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Good to hear that you got the scenario to work after all. What country were you trying to play as that caused the crash originally? Maybe the crash is country related?

16. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

to be honest dont remember, i think i picked Soviet Union but it was more in that resolution screen when i changed it ,i dunno why the scenarios with load of units and cities in huge maps started to load ok not fast and not slow :) likes it loads 5-10 mins

oh man , i was waiting for a turn and the game wasnt responding ,i went to task manager then the game started to work again
    i guess i need a better gaming rig this time

17. t-o-m

t-o-m Chieftain

Great mod. However, I have a problem.

I launch the game and run the mod... I open the Advisors screen and try and click on one of the other option screens - like Ecnomic Advisor, Military, etc. and the game crashes.

I don't think it is to do with my hardware. I have a quad core processor @3.40Ghz, ATI HD Radeon 5770 graphics card, 4GB of RAM, etc. and I can run Civ V smoothly.

18. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Hi t-o-m,

The problem you're having sounds like the corrupted resources.pcx and resources shadow.pcx issue. I've included fixed versions of both of those files in the first post. Be sure to grab those and place them in your 'Art' folder overwriting the files that are there now.

Let me know if that did the trick or if you need any help.

Regards,
    MoffJ

19. t-o-m

t-o-m Chieftain

Great, thanks. Everything is working very well now.

One more thing to add - I think it's a little inaccurate grouping Canada, Australia, India, South Africa, the UK, etc. into "Great Britain".
    Great Britain is literally just the name for the piece of land that contains Scotland, England and Wales, so not even Northern Ireland or the RoIreland.

A better name would be the British Empire or The Commonwealth.

Also - Ireland hasn't been a part of the United Kingdom since the 1920s, but that isn't a big deal, it's just one city.

Anyway, fantastic mod, I love it. Well done!

20. CivIIIMonkey

CivIIIMonkey Chieftain

Hi Moff!

Thanks for the Scenario upgrade you made.
    I love the new units and the new look!
    I'm playin germany and it's 1940 week 10 and I was planing to
    use some transporters to conquer Norway but the transporters wont leave the port:(
    I think it's because the "go to" issue, the computer can still use them but not the human player.
    I also notice that the computer aint building workers. I don't know why but I guess they are waiting for the "railroad construction worker" to finish. That will take along time for the AI to eventually build some infrastructure.´While the human player have lots of ordinary workers.
    I'm going to restart and try Japan this time after I made the transporters available:),and Imho I think railroads aint necessary in this scenario.

Keep up the great work!
    it's a great Scenario and you done a amazing work on it!

ps excuse my English.