MoMopedia

gbursson

Chieftain
Hi fallow players,

I was wondering if synchronising on- and off-game wikipedia is possible? Even if it would require manual action of downloading the files and copying to the MoM folder? If so, would a gamefile parser be needed to convert between let's say mediawiki and whatever format game uses? Is that doable?

I started playing MoM again and find it as addictive as before. My wife hates you btw ;).
I want to make some contribution and thought wiki maybe be that thing.

Is off-line wiki actually needed by the community?

Greg.

I'm not really sure. I think most active players are veterans and know most gamemechanics. Non the less for new players a wiki would be great to get into this very complex game. I'm sure some other players (including me) would paticipate in a wiki if someone gets it started.

The "problem" is how to best synchronise both pedias, ingame and offgame?

I'm not sure how ingame pedia works, but offline pedia would have to be manually updated corresponding to the changelog notes i think.

Some in game pedia entries take information directly from in game values thus will always be updated. For example, what each promotion do is always updated.

Some entries use text input from GameText.xml, like many lore entries or help text. Thus if no one update the GameText.xml, the entries will not match the newest version.

IMHO, it is better to update in game pedia because it is easier for
players to refer that pedia during game. The civpedia is very orderly and easy to use as well so that's another plus (compared to ciV's pedia which is just blergh).

Top Bottom