monarch epic

Maydrock

Prince
Just finished the scenerio after 2 starts.

1st start - noble - learned archery - started over
2nd start - prince - found 2 pieces, built to many units, tanked economy - started over
3rd start - monarch - finish

I think this scenerio made me a "march" addict. Any unit that was planned to go out into the tundra started getting march as the first promotion. In the third run I gave my warrior hero march as his first promotion, worked well with getting one of the scouts to team up with a medic promotion.

I really enjoyed the dragon. I took up a defense against him of spamming individual units all around him. As soon as he showed I put all my fast moving units all around him and kept him out away from my cities. It was fun watching my hunting group just show up back home and the hunters scrurrying around just out of the reach of the dragon and using all the tames as fodder for the dragon.

Great job guys, lot's of fun!

What version of vanilla do I need now to play the regular mod (23c?) now? I looked around the tops of the sticky threads, but didn't see where it said what version of vanilla you need. The thread with the download links would probably be a good spot.

Since you already have bts you have the actual vanilla version so you only need to download the mod and use your vanilla civ cd.
However it would also work with 1.62.

Thanks Chip,

Installed FallfromHeaven2023c. Didn't install media pack.

Here's the start. All defeault settings. Got Ethne the White.

Got lots of food and some new mana resource I have to go read about. Then see which civics support all that food.

Wow, that's quite the interesting start. If only you had a bunch of hills in there.

You'll find that the Conquest civic allows you to build units with food (just like with workers and settlers). If you get Slavery (which is only available to followers of the Octopus Overlords), then you can whip your population for production.

I'm not a big fan of those civics, though. I'd probably just build up towns on all of those flood plains and plains, making it a commerce mecca, and replace the forest with workshops when I got the chance.

It would be interesting to hear what others would do with it.

Top Bottom