[BTS] Monarch Genghis Khan - My midgame is atrocious

So I went ahead and played a lot more turns. I was fully intending on finishing this game but it's harder than I thought

So I kill off mehmed with my army of keshiks and then go rebuild mode. I get a huge tech lead. Things are looking great; by turn 200 I had just gotten military tradition and was at 26 cities.

I start spamming curriasers and take a few of joao's cities, but not as many as I'd like and I have to end the war as it's becoming too costly.

This entire time, sitting bull has been keeping up the tech race and his military. My military score is only 1.2 over him and his army is all up to date.

At ~t250 I dow sitting bull to try to prevent him from getting ahead. We have a massive fight but despite me having so many more cities, he's able to withstand pretty well.

I'm attaching a save of where I stopped at t275. I literally have 39 cities to his 13, running free speech for extra commerce, building military in almost all cities, and I'm still just barely in the lead. I have no idea how sitting bull's been able to keep up. His army is up to date and while he's a little behind on tech, he's getting the important military ones in time (we both got railroad the same turn)

Plan is to get flight->radio and build army in the mean time then attack with bombers.

Attachments

• jjjjjjjjjj AD-1810.CivBeyondSwordSave
    351.2 KB · Views: 32
Game has gone on far too long. Should have finished this off many many eons ago. One problem I see early on is that you did not prioritize Currency. (780AD!) Currency should have been a priority tech in the BCs as you were conquering. Allows trading for, demanding, or begging gold while boosting your economy. Plus trading resources for GPT and you have an abundance of resources. Also, I've no clue what you did in terms of great people,but that could be a big issue here as well. Keshiks on Monarch though should just about run the map, especially what appears to be a Pangaea type map.

Vassals states would help even more on an early finish.

I think you did some good things early on as far as setting up early empire and Keshik rushing, but then started to lose focus and really extending beyond your capabilities - at this time - when not waiting for advice. But the early stuff was at least a stepping stone for you

I would start a new game and use normal settings. You'll get there.

I think the start of that game was really wp, say immortal level, but the later tech choices and sub-optimal city management made it tougher. I think you are well over monarch player already anyway and I'd be looking to move to the next difficulty level soon. Monarch is way too forgiving for you, which slows down learning.

Top Bottom