Monarch Student^ XVI Saladin

1918 Cultural - My second Monarch win in a row, I wonder if maybe it's time to move up a level, I feel like I have dominated both of my last two games.

Spoiler :

I ended up having a tech lead at Aesthetics and it was such a quick jump to literature and the great library I decided to go for it. I had it before anyone else grabbed Aesthetics so I decided to push for the great library.

In the mean time, I ended up getting my first great person, who was actually (intentionally) a prophet so that I could put up a confusion founder temple thing in Medina.

From there, I decided since nobody had expanded to the area I would found Najran next to the banana, fish, and gold even though it was a bit outside of my desired range on the other side of Ragnar near Hannibal. So far though, with them in my religion, they dug me so I figured I could risk it.

It made the decision to push music more obvious, I popped up to music and got the great artist which I used to pop borders in Narjan and secure my resources. At this point I grabbed drama, figuring that I would push for a cultural victory... Things got interesting after I grabbed drama and theology (and built the palace). Everybody else had been so at war, that nobody even had paper yet, it was only 4 turns for me and with the money from confusionism I could carry 100% research so it was off to liberalism!

After liberalism -> nationalism, I grabbed divine right and stopped researching. I turned Narjan into a great artist factory and I used wealth production to fund 100% culture. I had built like 5 wonders in Medina. I had a ton of commerce in Mecca. I figured those would be my 3 cities. I spread around confusionism, buddhism, and my my second founded religion which was islam. The game was basically a lock when Ragnar and Hannibal both got the prereqs for defensive pacts and signed them with me. All I had to do was keep boudica off my back with a steady stream of gifts and love. She ended up getting wang kon and hasheput to vassal just about 5 turns before the end of the game. I beefed up defense in my important cities and prayed they wouldn't declare on me until I had won. Next thing you know it was a quick culture bomb and game over, 1918 cultural victory on Monarch!

http://imgur.com/DZ3z4&Apelh&k90dv&FBSHM

Final info screen and pictures of all my cities...

Both victories really owe almost all the thanks to TMIT, his videos and strategy discussion about hereditary rule pretty much pushed up at least one level.

Lastly, I finsihed this game.

I've played on Monarch/Normal and I've achieved a Domination Victory on 1918.

I've posted my game in a TMIT's thread that it's to me very important and I've tried to apply the strategy that he suggests.

If you wanna take a look, it seems me quite interesting.

This is the thread:

Sufficient expansion on all levels

Crap. Sorry about missing using the spoilers tag. (Just fixed it - 1 week too late... :blush:) Just came back to this thread after a week... ack!

Hopefully, I posted late enough into this game's lifetime as to not mess it up for anyone...

- X

Top Bottom