Monday Dec 11 teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha where I lived we had the most heaviest snowfall since I have lived here last Friday. It was a shocker because I live in coastal plains of Texas.
Add On: And Ironically one of the towns next to us was founded by Dutch immigrants.:crazyeye:

Snowstorms coming as a new feature confirmed!

A Goedendag unit (would probably be a pikemen replacement), but with the teaser featuring a rather capital ship, I do think there will be a ship UU.

A goedendag has a very different purpose from a pike though. A pike has as goal to kill someone before that person is in range to hit you with his weapon (often used against mounted units, as a pike line is devastating for a cavalry charge), while a goedendag has the goal to dent someone's armor and hit them with the blunt force, as most weaponry cannot pierce armor as such (the vast, vast majority of weapons cannot pierce plate armor no matter what).

I suspect that may be the case. Anton said it took a lot of art assets to do the timeline thing.

It would look damn cool. Maybe even unique art for specific leaders (like the frog with Seondok)

Would you or someone else dare to ask Anton on twitter? :D I don't have account..

It would look damn cool. Maybe even unique art for specific leaders (like the frog with Seondok)

Would you or someone else dare to ask Anton on twitter? :D I don't have account..

I asked. I will report back if I get a response.

Apparently Fluyts were either unarmed or barely armed, using that freed up space for additional cargo. I'm not sure what purpose they would serve, except perhaps as a civilian UU that worked like Civ II caravans, traveling to foreign cities and turning into gold.
I miss the double gold for sea routes from civ V and Fluyts match that perfectly. More an ability than a UU. I did hint at this originally.
Currently ships are only used for combat in civ VI so yes, little use as a tangible unit.

I miss the double gold for sea routes from civ V and Fluyts match that perfectly. More an ability than a UU. I did hint at this originally.
Currently ships are only used for combat in civ VI so yes, little use as a tangible unit.
I agree that trade ships with doubled trade bonuses would give me at least some reason to found a sea city. Sea cities are so easy to counquer, because Frigates, Battleships and Missile Cruisers are too OP, so there is currently a little reason to build them (well, if you don't play as Indonesia, England or now the Netherlands)

To be honest it's a fair guess that almost no one in the target demographic watches that show.
It's a gossip show, about celebrities and stuff. It has nothing to do with gaming nor history.
I'm totally baffled why it was shown on that program.

I'm actually surprised it got picked up at all.

I'm guessing the next civ-leak will be shown on Say Yes To The Dress or Teen Mom or something.
The Canada civ would probably be announced in Hockey Night in Canada, Rick Mercer Report, or This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

i also think that this is a hint for Wilhelmina fighting against the Nazi "tides" instead of letting them flow in her country without resistence
Nazi tides but also the Spanish during the Dutch Revolt. I think there is some overlap there even though it is before Wilhemina's time.

A Goedendag unit (would probably be a pikemen replacement), but with the teaser featuring a rather capital ship, I do think there will be a ship UU.

I sure hope the Dutch don't get an UU in the most useless unit line in the game. Can't remember the last time I made a spearman, let alone an anti-tank thingie. At least in Civ5 they would eventually upgrade to attack helicopters.

i also think that this is a hint for Wilhelmina fighting against the Nazi "tides" instead of letting them flow in her country without resistence

Honestly I really like the teaser caption for Wilhelmina with how it references both the Netherlands as a country and Wilhelmina as a leader. Very fitting.

This also means we probably wont be seeing the Portuguese anytime soon, since the ship shown in the trailer is now shown to have been Dutch. I also doubt that they would release both the Dutch and Portuguese in the same expansion.

It would be really pricy, but they could definitely get the word out about a new American alt-leader by buying a Super Bowl commercial.
The funny thing is I'd wait for the announcement on here.

'Some leaders flow with the tides, some fight against them' definitely hints at polders, I'd be amazed if it wasn't the Dutch.

Just because I caught some documentaries on Wilhelmina lately, I'd say that quote has more to do with her and her steadfast opposition against the Nazis/German occupation of her country. Unlike other monarchs who stayed in their countries, tried to "get along" with the occupying force and got tainted in the process, she never made a secret out of her disdain of the Nazis and what they stood for.

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom