1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mongolian horse lord challenge, checking if anybody has tips for my goal to steal every horse unit

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by CallMeDale, Mar 1, 2018.

1. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

basically, since Mongolian light & heavy Calvary units can steal other Calvary units I’m challenging myself to steal at least one of each in a single game. So far the hardest have been the Mapuche Malon raiders who I haven’t seen have a higher chance of capture than 15% and the Egyptian Maryannu chariots because they don’t have them anymore by the tim I reach Egypt on my blitzkrieg.

2. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

That's an interesting challenge. It's going to take a bit of luck to get all the uniques in one game. You'll want to play on a pangaea map and hand pick your opponents so the uu will at least be possible. Do horse archers and maryannu chariots count as cavalry or ranged units? Can they be captured? I didn't face either when I played Genghis.

3. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

I caught a Scythian horse archer once because they’re Calvary until upgraded but the Khmer war elephants counted as artilery so that didn’t help

I’ve also had to declare war on peaceful nations and then wait around for them to produce units I could steal rather than continue my blitz

4. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

Balanced start guarantees everyone will have access to horses and iron right? Because a new problem I’ve noticed is some civs not even having the ability to make the Calvary I want to take

5. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

I literally foreword settled Russia, improved horses, then sold them the cities to guarantee Cossacks

6. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

Update; chariot archers count as archers instead of chariots

Mr. Shadows likes this.