Mongolian Invasion

KAZUY4

Warlord
One of the most funnies games ever played since revolution come up was the one that I had yesterday. SP Deity against Lincoln (America), Isabella (Spain), Saladin (Arab) and Catherine (Russia). Great and very exciting game that has a very close ending.
I'm going to try to make the history short.
I started the game moving as fast as I can to get as many barbarians village as I can and I was able to have in about 2 mins around 5 cities, small cities, but at least I was able to use them to pump warriors and Kenshin, because my first research was horse training.
I found the American and Spanish very close so I decide to start pushing both, not too much but I had to do something because my barbarian culture was making my small cities to loose borders against both capital so I was afraid to lose a couple of cities because of the culture.
I had some beautiful warriors battle in the ancient era with both and I was able to push them back to theirs capitals. I kept a couple of warrior armies close to their cities to stop the settlers for both civs.
After a while I had a peace treaty with Lincoln so I can focus all my armies against Spain.
After a few mins I was able to conquer Bilbao, one of the Spanish cities and the I move forward to Barcelona, the last bastion of the Spanish civilization before reaching Madrid.
I rushed Mathematics so I was able to take him down, but it was not easy, I had to use 2 spies rings to disrupt fortifications. But the Mongol army prevailed.

Checking the scores I noticed that the American it was far ahead in the space race and the Arab had like 80% advantage of everyone for the cultural victory so I had to do something and now.
I tried to rush the Russian first but he had so many Riflemen with Loyalty and fortification that my catapults were unable to break that lock, I decide to pull back and rush for cannons.
Then it happen, all civilization declared war against me at the same time, all because I received a great humanitarian. Now the fun begins.
I moved toward Washington but the defenses were way to strong, so I look the area for a weak spot. BINGO a hill in the other side of Washington. I move my troops there but in my way I found the Russian army who was ready to attack me. Damn I was under cross fire, the American was pushing from Washington and the Russian from behind. Tough decision, but I did not want to give up mu great humanitarian, let's go for both.
An EPIC battle had place in the Vodka river, all armies had casualties, but at the end, the Mongolian prevail. Because I switch to Communism before so I was able to rush 12 armies of cannons in no time. Remember that the Mongolian has +2 production from mountains, so that + Iron mine and Communism = Armies of cannons per turn.
I move toward Washington and after a huge battle I was able to capture the American capital. 2 more to go.
I decide not pay attention to the American, but what I did not know was that the American took advantage and he colonize in 5 islands. I notice this because he was still moving forward in the Space race, but know I was ready to take the game by force instead of words.
The Russian was pretty powerful in defense, so the only way to destroy him was rushing combustion and get tanks.
In the meantime the Arab took advantage and he started to attack my cities with Bombers wings. Also, he was 4 GP/frip cities/wonders away to build the United nations.
CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEE, tanks are ready and I move toward Moscow, unfortunately I had to destroy the Russian first because he was on my way to reach the Arab capital, and the Arab has so many Battleships that going for sea is just suicide.
Knocking in Moscow door I found myself in a awful position. The Arab move units to Moscow so another Epic battle was ready to begin.
Holding the arab back with cannons, allow me to use my tanks to push Moscow, everything happen in the same tile, it was crazy. But after a few turns, Moscow was mine.
Wait a minute, is this for real? 2 parts for the space base were launched from American cities.
I start planning the best way to reach the Arab avoiding the others 3-4 cities that the Arab has in front of his capital. I got it, I signed peace with the Arab and the Russian and I start rushing cruisers. Once the cruisers reach my army I move all that I had, around 30 armies between cannons, artillery, tanks, modern infantry and Riflemen.
I use my cruisers to flank the Arab capital by sea.
At that point the American was ready to reach Alpha centauris in 4 more turns, so I unload my troops behind the Arab capital and I declare war again.
My troops took advantage of the +20 Naval support and I was able to capture the last capital 2 turns before the American reach Alpha centauris.
Great game, the Mongolian Invasion is complete.

I had some videos if you guys want me to post them later.

Yeah i would like to see it too. I watched your Mega City tutorial and learned a lot. Great Commentary.

Wow!!! PLEASE post links to vids when you have them.

Thanks for the read, I love this game.

Your story brought up a question for me, though. After a civ has launched his shuttle to AC, you can attack his capitol to prevent a tech win, correct? Well, you had already taken Washington before the Americans launch their ship... is there any way to stop the ship in that scenario?

Not sure, but he had so many cities in islands so the only way to finish quick was attacking the Russian and Arab capitals for a Domination victory.

Top Bottom