Mongolian Jaguar?

mythmonster2

BEC NOIR! RUN!
Just started up a new game, and for some reason, Mongolia's gotten their hands on a Jaguar. It's not from a City State, since exploration showed that there weren't any nearby militaristic ones, so I'm just curious how they could've gotten one or if this a bug somehow.

My only non-bug guess is that the Aztecs are somewhere on the map, gifted a unit to a City State which was Heavy Tributed by Mongolia.

My only non-bug guess is that the Aztecs are somewhere on the map, gifted a unit to a City State which was Heavy Tributed by Mongolia.
I've explored more later on, no Aztecs on my continent.

Mongolia was a nerfed a bit recently so the game threw them a bone :lol:

Militaristic city-states can gift UU's to full allies. They seem to have one or two UU's locked in from the start of the game (someone please confirm). When you have the tech for them, the city-state gives them exclusively. When you don't, or you have the obsolescence tech, they give regular, random units as in vanilla.

Also I believe the wandering tribe random event can give UUs.

I've seen this happening before (England with War Elephants) and thought it was some sort of bug.

I've seen this happening before (England with War Elephants) and thought it was some sort of bug.

War Elephants are no uniques. You just need a source of Ivory and a barrack in a city to train them, if map generation is friendly, even vikings can get War elephants ...

The situation posted by the OP was being caused by an old November version which would grant random unique units through the then-bugged "gain a random unit" events. Warrior uniques aren't possible to receive from militaristic city-states.

The situation posted by the OP was being caused by an old November version which would grant random unique units through the then-bugged "gain a random unit" events. Warrior uniques aren't possible to receive from militaristic city-states.
That's absolutely correct. I don't know why this was gravedig.

Top Bottom